Veteran Players Need Love Too.

100 Night Elf Hunter
3. Does AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc. give promotions to already subscribed customers? No. They give new contracts a free or discounted phone. It's the same business model here. Blizz is venturing that the free upgrade to Cata (which for this guy included Wrath) and the loss in doing that, will be outweighed by the income they receive due to it.

Does EQ2 give loyal subscribers stuff?

Yes. :)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
03/14/2012 07:33 AMPosted by Jeremaiah
I thought this was a thread about how you can't get laid if you play too much wow. God I'm disappointed

LOL.

I agree to a certain extent. I like how you get a little gift in the mail when you ding 80 and was completely bummed when it didn't happen at 85.

I also think from a player point of view, a bunch of inexperienced level 80's will completely hurt when they begin the most difficult content of the game. We all remember the Death Knoob nightmare. As a raid/group leader, do you want someone that leveled properly or with the boost? If anything, I wish there was a way to identify them. I'm not saying they will all be bads, but I just don't have a good feeling about it right now, however I could be proved wrong.

On the other hand, a "boost" of some kind would have been nice for experienced players, if anything to avoid the 1-60 zones for the umpteenth time.

I'm not bad. In all the Heroics I've been in, I've consistently been in the top 2 of the DPS, and I don't stand in fire. But then again, maybe it's because I have taken the time to read up on the dungeon bosses on one monitor while I press 2, 3, 4, 6, 5, 4 6, 5, 4, 3, over and over again....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage

I'm not bad. In all the Heroics I've been in, I've consistently been in the top 2 of the DPS, and I don't stand in fire. But then again, maybe it's because I have taken the time to read up on the dungeon bosses on one monitor while I press 2, 3, 4, 6, 5, 4 6, 5, 4, 3, over and over again....

Well that means you're just smart. Love a person who takes the time to read up on their class. You can be brand new to the game but if you just take a little time to get some tips. That rocks. (Not saying you're new just in general.)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
You mean like the baby blizzard bear, the onyxia whelpling, the spirit of competition, the tabard from the TBC opening etc. ?

all just 'for show' and all stuff that we have gotten over the years because we have kept paying and playing.

Oh, you're totally right we did get those things and they are really nice. Blizzard just gave inactive players $80 *(Copy of Cata, $25 Transfer, $30 Faction Change) and two weeks give or take (that it would take a person to hit 80).

You do know all of the ppl coming back are not without cata and 85s etc right?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
03/14/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Tablemaker
I have been going to Dunkin' Donuts for years, I DEMAND FREE COFFEE!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/14/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Tablemaker

My coffee shop gives me free coffee once a month (:
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
03/14/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Xiali

My coffee shop gives me free coffee once a month (:

Same. :3

Subway gives me a free foot long (no giggling) for buying 10 subs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
My pizza shop gives me a free large pizza for every 7 large pizzas I buy ... got two free large pizzas last night in fact.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
03/14/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Vladimir
My pizza shop gives me a free large pizza for every 7 large pizzas I buy ... got two free large pizzas last night in fact.

Free pizza is the best!
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter

Subway... There subs suck. Besides I can give you a free footlong and you don't have to buy 10 to get it. Wink Wink
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
03/14/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Krymore

Subway... There subs suck. Besides I can give you a free footlong and you don't have to buy 10 to get it. Wink Wink

Hahah! Well the Jimmy Johns is 15 min. away where subway is a walk outside the door.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
03/14/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Laughter

Free pizza is the best!
/agree
Free pizza satisfies the inner Scrooge
Reply Quote
66 Undead Death Knight
Blizzard quite often gives us free character moves from select realms to select realms exactly like the SoR transfer so we have had access to that.

We have multiple things that returning players missed out on and can never get.

Honestly .... they give us enough
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Business is business and Blizzard keeps sending rippling waves of discontent through their loyal customer base. There are plenty of big businesses that offer both new customer incentives AS WELL AS loyal customer rewards. Case and point Boost Mobile, Progressive, Allstate, etc.

To all of you trolls trying to down play the loyal customers that have been insulted by this blatant favoritism towards the monthly fee rather than the player, that earlier post was absolutely right. If Dunkin' Doughnuts offered free coffee with every purchase EXCEPT YOU because you already come in everyday, you would be pissed too.

I have 5 85s and a 77. You think I want to play this game through again? And again?

You want to get and KEEP subscribers? Let new players see that time spent is rewards gained. Every single game in the world gives you the reward of advancing through the game so don't say standing in Orgrimmar in full up to date gear is your reward cause its not. It's so easy to get now that every tardie mcgee and his kid brother has it.

This whole thing has just totally soured the idea of staying for MoP. Especially since I reactivated my account mere days before this !@#$ went live.

Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
You get your friend to play WoW with you again....
Reply Quote
68 Gnome Mage
03/14/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Soulshaker
I thought this was a thread about how you can't get laid if you play too much wow. God I'm disappointed

I lol'd. I hope your happy.
03/14/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Krymore

Giving away free sandwiches doesn't sound like the best business model.
Edited by Lamuela on 3/14/2012 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote]Subway gives me a free foot long (no giggling) for buying 10 subs.

Giving away free sandwiches doesn't sound like the best business model.

Of course it is! Most restaurants you go to now have some sort of loyalty program! Red Robin has the buy 10 meals the 11th is free, Fox and Hound/Bailey's has beer cards where every 25 beers you get a $10 credit on the card for whatever... and half off wings for life... and all tall beers for the pint price all the time. (And the ones here have 30+ taps so they are actually good beers.) And you know what? They are packed all. the. time.
Are you more likely to go back to a place that gives you free stuff? I mean come on. That's what it comes down to. How many people here don't like free stuff? I like the title idea of getting a title for what year you started playing. I mean why did Blizz stop giving pets for the anniversary? :(

Oh and for the record: I SoR'd 1 person and my alt account. I had 10 85's (one of each class, all horde) and I did one dungeon on my new 80 with the friend I brought back and we almost cried at the other 80s (def SoR'd bc of the gear) in the group. I chose to level another Hpal (my main) and decided I'm not going to be doing that until all the stupid SoR'd people are gone and it's back to those of us who leveled 1-80 so we know our class.
(Also, to the person that asked for a way to distinguish between new 80 and experienced 80-Just look at the gear. All or most will have the same title. Minakoaino on Bleeding Hollow will give you an example. She's my SoR'd 80.)
Edited by Sailrvenus on 3/15/2012 7:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
was that not the point of the AP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]