Seriously... How much more of Dragon Soul?

(Locked)

I have the 1st half of normal DS finished and I think that is all I will be doing.

I could really care less for old death what a ma call it.

90 Tauren Druid
It's been not even four months.
Be patient.

ICC was a full year...with gating, still it was 10 months.
Community Manager
Is MoP really more than 3 months away? How are we supposed to just raid Dragon Soul for 4 or 6 months till MoP is out?

Is there a filler raid planed?

We don't have a "filler" Raid planned. We have a wealth of information that we've been sharing with the media and press this week that they'll start sharing with you all next week (Monday, March, 19). While we aren't going to give you a release date, I think you'll get a good idea of how far along we are in the development of the expansion. We think you'll like what you see/hear/read.

We'll also be keeping an eye on any and all constructive feedback and answering what we can as development continues.
Edited by Nethaera on 3/15/2012 8:50 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
you can hunt down some achevments maybe do some rep? level a alt do some pvp maybe get loremaster on your main toon build a transmog set maybe go to old dungeons and get cool mounts plenty to do
90 Tauren Druid
Well, if you bought the annual pass you can just play MOP beta until it launches. That's what I plan to do. Dragon Soul is far too boring to farm for months.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
3 months? that's around 12 tries! not enough time! I say, make the raid reset occurs every Tues and Fri.
80 Draenei Paladin
No release date?

Merp......... :(
90 Orc Death Knight
Ugh so yeah basically another 4 months of Hour of Twilight heroics and DS.....what fun.

Thank zombie gebus D3 comes out in May.
Edited by Omina on 3/15/2012 9:01 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Beta for at least 2-3 months. No beta release date. My money is on September release. If they rush it through beta things will be bad. I would rather it be up for three months and work out the bugs as opposed to a rushed bug fest.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If only blizzard had a scrapped raid that would be relatively short, but would fit in easily with a storyline that was never finished this expansion....maybe a water raid to balance out all the fire of dragon soul and firelands.....would be great if it included an elemental lord.

But hey, I'm just spit balling here!
85 Blood Elf Mage
Is MoP really more than 3 months away? How are we supposed to just raid Dragon Soul for 4 or 6 months till MoP is out?

We don't have a "filler" Raid planned. We have a wealth of information that we've been sharing with the media and press this week that they'll start sharing with you all next week (Monday, March, 19). While we aren't going to give you a release date, I think you'll get a good idea of how far along we are in the development of the expansion. We think you'll like what you see/hear/read.

We'll also be keeping an eye on any and all constructive feedback and answering what we can as development continues.

Hmmm...I smell a mid-July (or early 3rd quarter) release date.
90 Pandaren Shaman

Seriously, I just want a release date so I can schedule a day or two off work. I get 22 days and my wife gets 10, and I've taken but one this year so far....
Edited by Firestyle on 3/15/2012 9:02 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
Money is on october/November.

They love putting it out right before Xmas or a big buying holiday and it rakes them in the money.

Beta will probably be out by June/July.

My thinking but hey if you don't like DS don't do it and just go do pvp XD
1 Orc Warrior
Im feeling same way, we are only 5/8 HM almost 6/8 HM and to be honest im really bored with DS, truely am over it.

I certainly couldnt raid it for net few months, i dont even use alts in DS anymore, soooo sick of it.

I just hope MOP wont be another "patch" style expansion with stuff all to do. Like it is now and has been for since DS came out even before really.

I mulit-box as well, and am at the stage I might unsub all accounts except 1 for MOPbeta to see if its worth it
85 Human Warlock
03/15/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Diamora
We did ICC for a year. DS is pretty much going to be the same.

ICC was actually fun.
85 Blood Elf Mage

Holy crap stop complaining.....if people did not complain so much about getting content faster then just maybe DS would have been a better raid. Putting out content faster only makes it less fun and much shorter!!!!

The issue is that Patch 4.3 was released on Nov. 29th. They are not going to release any more new content until MoP (as Neth says above).

Let's be optimistic and say that MoP comes out on July 15th 2012. That means we have been doing the same raid for 8.5 months. I'm sorry, but that is waaaaaay too long for a raid/content patch to live.

While LFR has really changed the landscape in positive ways, the downside is that people consume the content faster.
Edited by Soranth on 3/15/2012 9:05 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
03/15/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Chrysaora
We did ICC for a year. DS is pretty much going to be the same.

ICC was actually fun.

ICC also had 12 bosses and interesting heroic mechanics.

Also we still had Ulduar HMs if you wanted to do them (Uld didn't get nerfed to my knowledge) and ToC Grand Crusader and other achieves.

All of which culminated in basically 3 tiers of raiding to do while also having interesting/fun pvp to do.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]