War College - Twin Peaks

90 Human Warrior
03/15/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Quintzaker
I've been known to use thunderstorm (response to the typhoon comments) for the same, and similar encounters in the battleground.

whit the rigth timming i can use aerial charge, or heroic leap and charge back :P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
First of all, if you are in a random BG and you have a fully geared prot warrior who marks himself tank...let him grab the flag. :P

If you are looking to start FCing, the number one rule while running the flag back is to not get ahead of your healers. If the other team is smart, they will try to down your healer before you. If you just keep blindly running then your healer will die and you will soon join him at the graveyard. It's ok to stop running to help your healer. Make use of your peels and stuns. If your healer dies, you die.
Reply Quote
If the EFC is running with a group, use your abilities to hold the healers in place or slow them down. 99% of the time, the flag carrier will keep running and take himself out of the healer's range. You then can focus fire the EFC at will.

Keep up the offensive pressure in the match. I have seen so many matches lost because Alliance tries to turtle. Even if your team is half healers, they will not be able to heal one target through the damage of a whole Horde team. If need be, designate who is the offense group and who is defense. Communicate.

One cool warlock trick for picking up the flag. Set up your demonic circle in the entrance behind the wall of the flag room. Run in and cast Howl of Terror. Grab flag. Soulburn your teleport and run. You can get pretty far away from the other team with the speed boost then pass off the flag to a faster teammate. Meanwhile, the other team has to run around the wall and down the ramp to even begin chasing you. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Make decisions quickly.

The first offense to EFC usually wins.

MIND CONTROL BY THE CLIFF!!!!

Oh hey Blizzard, maybe you could fix the flag cap bug while you're at it, thanks.
Edited by Grenade on 3/16/2012 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
For the non-rated version:

1. Find four friends
2. Make sure your group has 1 FC, 2 Healers, & 2 DPS
3. Queue for Twin Peaks
4. Turn on some Korn
5. Collect points
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Step 1: Be horde
Step 2: Sprint and jump off the ledge and parachute across the map.
Step 3: Be a druid and swim around in the water with the flag until the horde flag is returned.

End of game.

On a more detailed note, also notice that the east side of the map is a shorter distance between the bases than the west side. Also note that the horde graveyard is equidistant between the two bases and is on the shorter side.

The fastest path for alliance to take would be to run right by the horde graveyard and through the horde FC team (which is a bit counterproductive). The second fastest path is to go straight out the front of the horde base and straight up the front of the ally base.

Overall this bg is laid out to favor horde slightly, but that might be because they gave the battle for gilneas a slight alliance advantage.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
For the non-rated version:

1. Find four friends
2. Make sure your group has 1 FC, 2 Healers, & 2 DPS
3. Queue for Twin Peaks
4. Turn on some Korn
5. Collect points

thumbs up for this!

now if only i could find four friends to queue with...
Reply Quote
42 Human Hunter
why do you make these posts when you don't care about pvp?
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Death Knight
I would like to ask a favor, LF someone to contact a member from Dark Valor guild in Nesingwary-horde side, and let them know that the GM of guild. That his house has burnt down and hopefully be back on soon. TY for any1 that reads and relys
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/16/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Loratabb
WSG relaoded except ally have better positions with there GY

Actually horde has the better gy position overall. Though the differences are only slightly in horde's favor overall. Makes up for battle for gilneas.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
First thing I do when I join a Twin Peaks is cheer because it's not AV or isle because they are both terrible.

Then I go have fun which I would not have if I joined AV or isle.

Hope this helps!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
4 rougs 2 mages 1 frost dk 2 hpallys and 1 restodruid nuf said
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
WSG relaoded except ally have better positions with there GY

Actually horde has the better gy position overall. Though the differences are only slightly in horde's favor overall. Makes up for battle for gilneas.

I've played both ends, and the only significant differences with respect to graveyards I've noticed were the river near the horde base and graveyard, and the cliffs near the alliance base and graveyard. But I don't notice the graveyards favoring either side.
Edited by Quintzaker on 3/16/2012 6:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
For horde, Have some stealthers or some ranged dps intercept the ally healers mid field right off the bat. If you can't kill them, you can at least keep them tied up while the rest of the allies run off with out healers.
works about 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time, the whole ally team stops dead in their tracks to defend their healers. If this happens, you are in an even better position to have some speedy guy run in and grab the flag while the allies are all tied up mid field.

Fighting in the middle is not a bad strategy in TP as long as you have 2-3 focused people to do the work.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think as long as you have some good healers, it doesn't really matter what you do as long as you just try.
Reply Quote
I find if your pugging a twin peaks group with 3 friends, often times that is enough to control this game if you know how to team up effectively.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As a rule, and counter to the opinions of many players, this battleground, and WSG which is fundamentally the same, are won by a strong offense.

As someone who has done the conq grind and will be finishing TP veteran this weekend (but probably not meta because of quick cap zzzzz) this is 100% true.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Diehard Alliance member here, so i only know their view of the battle... but when offense is struggling, i like to use the river to my advantage. I have a max level druid, and with aquatic form i can make it nearly halfway back to base with the Horde flag without even popping into view by simply staying submerged and hugging the riverbed. If the plan fails, i still have the option to surface and take travel form on either side of the stream, allowing me to put a minor (but sometimes crucial) obstacle between me and the pursuit.

This is what my druid does. At least when I am forced to carry the flag, which I hate with a passion...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]