War College - Twin Peaks

85 Night Elf Druid
New to WoW forums, so sorry this doesnt fit but how do i create my own forum? Thanks. The stratagie i found to (almost) never fail for Feral druids is mount up and go to the right side as always, exept use the water entrance on thevery right and Seal through intil the middle of the tunnel, from there go cat and stealth into efr, Most likely no one will be there but if so stealth cap > sprint> (if stunned use IoA) once in water seal form, Go deep and swin along the bottom then once u get to shore travel form stay as left as u can on the map, there are nice little dips that hide you, /bg tell heals to plz get on you, go through left entrance, get up on the elevated platform in your keep with 3 other people 1 heals 2 dps when others kill efc cap and repeat, (if they relize what you doing try going right and useing those dips) switch stuff up when needed Thanks! :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Hmmm think i just figured my question out! haha
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
This is yet another battleground that has a horde favored map design.

If you are horde, just pick up the flag, use slowfall/parachute/levitate off the alliance base and you are immune to any alliance players for almost half the map. If you have a rocket boot or sprint ability, you can make it three quarters of the way back to your base before you are even targetable by alliance players on the ground.

The horde have the advantage of a moat around their base making it much easier for a horde druid/DK FC to evade all ally pursuers while the alliance are unable to do the same.

The horde base is stronger for defense than the alliance and the high ground of the alliance base makes it ridiculously easy for a horde FC to grab the flag and 'float' halfway across the map while being untargetable.

If you are really looking for an easy win in Twin peaks, be sure to roll horde.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Everything that works in WSG, since it's the same freaking thing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
The main points have been said, but here's a small piece of advice:

At the start of the game, if you don't have a mod to do so, /tar each of the alliance players to figure out who the healers are and if they have any tank classes (blood DK, protection pally, protection warrior, feral druid).

At the start of the game as your team goes for a zerg (as will there's) a DK + 1 should try to peel off and pull the potential FC away from his group and slow him. There is a strong chance that a majority of their team will dismount to kill you, but there will always be someone who keeps going to get your flag. You should use this to your advantage. PuGs are less likely to transfer flags between them, and keeping the tank class from getting the flag will make life easier for your offense.

Similarly, when their group is running away, don't necessarily focus on killing everything. If you're a strong CC class, then try to slow the healers without killing them. If the EFC is like a majority of them, he will keep running and outrun his healers (at which point the other dps should rush forward to kill him).

There are more ways to win than dual offense where the team who has more healers wins. Take advantage of your ability to keep people from mounting. Distraction is key.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock

The horde have the advantage of a moat around their base making it much easier for a horde druid/DK FC to evade all ally pursuers while the alliance are unable to do the same.

If you haven't noticed, alliance FC can easily come in, take our flag, and do the same (escape on the water while those of us unable to float fall behind). Funny thing about moats: they work both ways.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

If you haven't noticed, alliance FC can easily come in, take our flag, and do the same (escape on the water while those of us unable to float fall behind). Funny thing about moats: they work both ways.

Except they cant.

The alliance FC can't do this b/c he will be separating himself from all of his ally teammates. The horde can just ride around the side and kill the alliance FC as he is coming out of the water. The alliance FC must come out of the water or he will never cap the flag and the horde flag defender will be sitting on top of their cap just waiting for you to die.

If an alliance team were to try and ride around to cut off the horde FC while he was using th moat for defense, all he has to do is turn around and go back in his base. Now the alliance are all waiting outside for a flag carrier that just went back in their base. If the alliance decide to follow the horde FC into the water, they can just run in circles around their base using the water to slow all the alliance.

Again, the map is designed so the horde moat is a defensive placement for the horde, but an obstacle for the alliance. The alliance keep, on the other hand, is designed to be an advantage for the horde b/c they can use a parachute to make it halfway across the map towards their own base, while being untargetable b/c they are further than 40 yards above everyone. The alliance cannot use a parachute jump off their base as defense like the horde b/c when the ally FC lands, he will be halfway across the map on the horde side.

As i said before, this is yet another BG that is designed to be horde favored. Every single person that has done RBGs know's this.When getting TP, the team that spawns on the horde side will get the win the vast majority of the time.
Edited by Paetheas on 3/18/2012 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

This is the best bg imo, Better then warsong because u can L.O.S so many things in the battle field. As to the above post about horde maps....really, wanna take a look at gillgayness? a good mage catches anyone who doesnt run the back way every time. Horde dont even get that chance.

Yes, Gilneas is indeed ally favored.

Unfortunately, AV, IoC, AB, and TP are all horde favored.

The problem with most horde is that while they love to point out how Gilneas is ally favored(it is, b/c of start points only) they stick their fingers in their ears when told about the 4 horde favored maps and throw a tantrum like a 4 year old.

I desire game balance more than keeping my faction OP, so i can freely admit what is wrong with BGs.

99% of horde posters, however, are either too content with having an innate BG advantage or they are too stupid to admit the blatant horde favortism in most maps. I see horde argue until their ears are blue about IoC, AV, AB, and TP supremely favor alliance(none of them give any reasons, just troll responses).
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
There isn't much to add from the WSG discussion as this is pretty much a reskinned WSG.

I will say that the FC needs to position himself well in his own base to cap the flag quickly when needed. Either in the ground floor or on the 2nd floor overlooking the flag spawn point so he can jump down and cap.

Also, if you are the FC and your team is healing for you and peeling for you, DO NOT STOP TO DPS people. Use your abilities to get away, all you do is give time to your enemy to intercept you on the open field (where they can mount up and you are most vulnerable). Get to your base ASAP. Just lost a match where we should have won because our pug FC might as well have been an EFC - wouldn't get into position to cap and took his time getting to base, negating three recaps his team got him.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well, in most of the bg's I've been in, half the people go on Offense, while the other half (Including most rogues) stay in the FR and wait...then ding, just farm the honor.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Suprised they didn't make this map 15v15, considering they already had 10-man WSG and 15-man AB, and went the 10-man direction w/ BfG--they could have aimed to make it a little less like WSG in that aspect
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Lol I've done this! It is actually rather simple. I just do this: Cap one flag then turtle the rest of the bg. It does not sound effective but as long as you can do a good turtle it's golden
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u12/Melonsquare/TwinPeaks.gif

Don't do this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]