Cross server BoA gear

(Locked)

85 Undead Priest
Hey guys, i have all my BoA gear on my mains toons server, i have other toons that are around lvl 30-80 on other servers and i obviously cant get any boa gear to them for the bonus's. Any idea if blizz has discussed being able to transfer over this boa gear at all?

Cheers

Mowan
85 Draenei Shaman
Yeah, it's sort of been discussed already. A couple times.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Considering Hierlooms cost anywhere from half to 85% of your justice point cap per piece, I think they should be able to be sent to other servers...

"Bind to Account" really means "Bind to Server" lol.
85 Tauren Paladin
Yeah they've discussed wanting to do it. They *want* us to be able to do it. They actually have to create a way to do it. Right now the only way to pull it off is to put them all on one toon and pay to transfer that toon with all the gear to the realm you need. Not exactly a great thing to do.

Considering Hierlooms cost anywhere from half to 85% of your justice point cap per piece, I think they should be able to be sent to other servers...

Try sending that gear to another account. Go ahead, I'll wait.
Edited by Dërka on 3/10/2012 11:48 PM PST
90 Undead Warlock
Only one way. Put them all on one toon, pay to transfer that one toon to another server. Bam, you now sent your BoAs cross realm. Only cost ya 25 bucks. Or you could just farm up the BoAs on a different sever.
85 Draenei Shaman
Yeah they've discussed wanting to do it. They *want* us to be able to do it. They actually have to create a way to do it. Right now the only way to pull it off is to put them all on one toon and pay to transfer that toon with all the gear to the realm you need. Not exactly a great thing to do.

You can, if you own both accounts, the same way you would do it to get it to another server - just transfer a character.
I've done it.
85 Tauren Paladin
You can, if you own both accounts, the same way you would do it to get it to another server - just transfer a character.
I've done it.

Right, you have to transfer the character to pull that off. And pay to do it, too. The OP wants to straight up send the gear.
90 Gnome Mage
At present you can:

1. put all the gear on one toon and pay to transfer it to the server you need it on.
2. level one toon and earn the gear for the other toons on that server.

They are looking in to ways to allow access to already earned/bought heirloom gear across servers.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3278904260?page=17#333

So, after making a trip to the doctor and having some blood stolen, I stopped by Ghostcrawler's office to discuss this and other topics with him. We talked about some of the feedback in this thread, as well as the developers' latest thoughts on BoA and heirloom items.

Rather than potentially having my statements in this thread come back to bite me at some point in the future, I'm going to risk being confusing or sounding dumb. :p

In short, they agree that the process of mailing heirlooms around constantly is a little annoying. We'd prefer to try and work ourselves away from the method of mailing out BoA items in the future, like pets, mounts, etc. To that end, we have some design goals in mind that would improve this sort of item distribution system. And with those design goals have come some ideas for changing heirloom mechanics. This is sort of contrary to the idea I stated in this thread about just designing the system to allow players to mail their heirlooms all around their accounts without realm restrictions.

That's all of the information I can share at the moment, but I feel like it's worth pointing out that the design philosophy I stated earlier isn't so set in stone -- we're reevaluating these types of systems as we look toward the future. I apologize if I've caused any confusion.

Actually you can send it to another WoW account as long as it's on the same Battlenet Account. You can use mail, or log both accounts in and put the items in a trade window. It's quite simle now to go across WoW accounts. That change was made back in 4.1 or 4.2. Great for someone like me with lots of accounts on the Battlenets.

Unfortunately, cross-realm BoAs require development by the Battlenet Development Group, not the WoW development group. The Battlenet development Group has been busy with many new features that impact multiple games, such as Battlenet Tags and Battlenet Balance. When the current priorities are complete, they will work on features that impact a single game.

So they know what they need to do, it's finding the time to do it.
Edited by Ainsley on 3/11/2012 12:15 AM PST
19 Blood Elf Priest
DOS

agree BOA = BOS right now

i have 2 low level players stranded on a (imo) dead server, luckily for darkmoon faire i was able to get many BOA items but of course no helms.

i don't want to make a temp level-10 transfer pig and pay $$ to bring them BOA's
Edited by Vanå on 3/11/2012 12:20 AM PST
68 Worgen Priest
The common refrain is: technology isn't available. However for some wacky reason they manage to send my authenticator pets to each and every character I create regardless of realm. I'm guessing it's the same for the $10 pets, too. I'm sure there is some way they can rig it to flag accounts for a certain number of heirlooms per server and set up some kind of 'vendor' where you can claim them. The technology exists they just haven't spent the time to refine it.
90 Gnome Mage
03/11/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Wafflers
The common refrain is: technology isn't available. However for some wacky reason they manage to send my authenticator pets to each and every character I create regardless of realm. I'm guessing it's the same for the $10 pets, too. I'm sure there is some way they can rig it to flag accounts for a certain number of heirlooms per server and set up some kind of 'vendor' where you can claim them. The technology exists they just haven't spent the time to refine it.

First, the items being sent to your characters in the mail are soulbound, not BoA. On top of that, they have very different coding built in, and that coding creates a new copy of the item for every new character. Thus, they're not even similar to Heirloom items.

Second, they've already stated that they have a method they're working on. Basically, they know how they want it to work, now it's just a matter of actually getting it to work. And getting it to work without any kind of bugs. The worst of which would actually result in a loss of items, which, if done improperly, could happen.

Third, mailing heirlooms cross server is relatively low on their list of priorities. Both because of the money they still make from realm transfers, but also because they have other, more important things, to work on first. Such as making a bug free version of D3.

Patience is key. Right now, they work just fine, with minor inconveniences here and there. (For example, no heirlooms for the player who wants to level a holy paladin.) The thing to remember is that they are working on it. And it's going to take quite a bit of time. Especially while they have more profitable ventures underway.
90 Tauren Warrior
Now that I have 10 horde at lvl 85 and working on 10 ally (lvl 20 each) I would like a refund of my jp ... Maybe they can send that to my other toons or make that available on the vendor to repurchase.

Or have one of the developers tear guild wars apart and see how they have the storage working across servers in that game.
Edited by Ribs on 3/23/2012 3:52 PM PDT
56 Blood Elf Warlock
Dear Blizzard, why not have an actual function to the Void Storage? At present it is virtually useless. It costs to put items in there and take them out, and only on that character. If you do not want to do the same thing you did with mounts (which I love btw thank you for that!) and pets, I would say Void Storage is your best alternative option. (Having mail flying between servers constantly would be very annoying).

My suggestion: Use the Void Storage. No cost to put items in, but cost to take them out ( or vice versa), and have it available for all characters on your account. Maybe also have it available to mail BOE's for transmogging?
12 Blood Elf Mage
So far they can make any mount or pet be available to any toon in any server no mater the faction, just put a dam bank vendor who is able to be used with all toons from any server in the account like in Diablo
WHy are people using BOAs in the first place? It is insanely fast to level as it is. Methinks OP wishes to roflstomp people in low level bgs.
90 Worgen Warlock
"Connected Realm is a set of two or more standard realms that have been permanently and seamlessly “linked.” Players on the same Connected Realm will be able to trade, send and receive mail, join the same guilds, access a single Auction House, run the same Raids and Dungeons, and join other adventurers to complete quests."

With the addition of Connected Realms in the somewhat near future, we will be able to mail items, such as Heirlooms, to realms connected with ours. So soon, the BoAs will be able to be moved across realms, if only in a limited fashion.
Edited by Hecad on 9/7/2013 4:49 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]