Night Elf Pvp Rogue

90 Human Rogue
How can I get out more pressure as a Night Elf rogue. Looking at the stats all glads our human rogues. Sadly, I cant faction change for a while. Although my pve gear of black fang is raid finder I still use it in arena and it gives me 7.9k resil in total. So my question is should I regem the gems from 20+ agili and 20+ resil to +50 agility for that extra pressure. Im losing around 100 resil to (4200 resil) and gaining 100ish agility to get me up to (8000) ish. So my question my fellow rogues is as a night elf Rogue how can I get more pressure out? Thank you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Night elf is a solid choice still, if you don't have access to PvE trinkets. Shadowmeld is an extra find weakness every 2minutes and can be used to immune CC. My alt rogue is NE and I love it.

As for your armory if you are going to use 2piece use legs/helm or legs/shoulders because it is more crit. As for not being a human you'd be best to get a crit pvp medallion as well to swap between and use crit for teams you know won't go on you. Crit wise it also doesn't help that you are quite significantly over hit cap where you could reforge out of your bracers and reforge into hit elsewhere from throwing wep or something small to get a tad bit more crit.

If you have enough gold you would be best to drop skinning for a actual profession like black smithing or leatherworking, with BS being the best optimal choice with how epic gems scale.

Now towards the gemming question as opposed to 40 agi if you don't have full 50 agi's you're better off getting 25 agi/25 resil oranges as opposed to gemming red into yellow. This will help buffer the resil loss for using a crit medallion or using a pve trinket as human.
Edited by Nahjx on 3/12/2012 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Nahjx I dont pve so its not much of an option but Ill make an effort to do so. Im regeming my pve gear to all +50 agil. I will have to test out the my shadow meld because I think its only shadow meld stealth that gives you that. Doesnt work if your being attacked. Can we go over our bursts? Popping shadow dance, burst trink, Tricks of the Trade, with recup and slice and dice(optional). I generally cycle tricks every 30s and put them in a kidney to get back stab burst going or a force trink. Some times i do tricks and burst trink with a kidney. Any advice or tips to update my damage or substain damage etc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Night elf is a solid choice still, if you don't have access to PvE trinkets. Shadowmeld is an extra find weakness every 2minutes and can be used to immune CC. My alt rogue is NE and I love it.

As for your armory if you are going to use 2piece use legs/helm or legs/shoulders because it is more crit. As for not being a human you'd be best to get a crit pvp medallion as well to swap between and use crit for teams you know won't go on you. Crit wise it also doesn't help that you are quite significantly over hit cap where you could reforge out of your bracers and reforge into hit elsewhere from throwing wep or something small to get a tad bit more crit.

If you have enough gold you would be best to drop skinning for a actual profession like black smithing or leatherworking, with BS being the best optimal choice with how epic gems scale.

As far as skinning goes I dont have enough money to substain. But can you swap trinks mid arena>? And if so do we swap a burst trink for a burst trink a burst trink for a freedom trink or a freedom trink for a freedom trink>? And will reforge!
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
03/12/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Chronicshizz
As far as skinning goes I dont have enough money to substain. But can you swap trinks mid arena>? And if so do we swap a burst trink for a burst trink a burst trink for a freedom trink or a freedom trink for a freedom trink>? And will reforge!

No, but you can swap in the prep room. As a rule of thumb the resil medallion is only needed if you know you are queing into a comp that will train you or in earlier seasons where the resil is needed more. Such as most people using the wintergraspe attack power on use pvp trinket in wotlk towards the end of the expansion.

Freedom trinket resil - freedom trinket crit do not reforge.
Have both as options to swap between games depending on what you que into.
Edited by Nahjx on 3/12/2012 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
There is no way of predicting what comp you will face. But generally specing. How much resil should we be running with. Cause tomorrow im buying the ruthless mediallion with crit on it. But I think I get what your saying like for example if the last few games ive been the main target and what not. What is that winterggrasp thing. Does it relate to our modern day arena?

P.S would you mind if i make a toon on your realm and ask you future rogue questions?
Edited by Chronicshizz on 3/12/2012 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
03/12/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Chronicshizz
There is no way of predicting what comp you will face. But generally specing. How much resil should we be running with. Cause tomorrow im buying the ruthless mediallion with crit on it.

Anything above 3800 is what I feel safe with counting pve gear, rule of thumb crit will normally be better unless you're spam queing into a comp that goes on you.

The addon arenaspy will let you know who the other team is if they are on your server/faction. Especially on higher end arena where you know most of the players on your battlegroup before cross BG ques and in most cases end up queing into friends you have on realid.

As for rogue questions, as long as i'm not queing 3s or raiding sure.
Edited by Nahjx on 3/12/2012 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
So this is what I have taken from you:
    Replace my freedom trink with a freedom crit trink and change it back if I am being steam rolled.
    Reforge my stats better.
    Gem to 50+s on my black fang gear. Actually 25+ 25+ gems because of crit medallion.
    Pick up arena spy.

Oh can you go over my previous post about bursts?
Edited by Chronicshizz on 3/12/2012 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
03/12/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Chronicshizz
Oh can you go over my previous post about bursts?

Always making sure your target has a bleed on them when you dance with full energy and recup rolling unless you are dancing for a game winning lockdown for the kill. Outside of that not much I see wrong with your gear setup other than itemization loss from chest as opposed to helm/shoulders. Although, getting a 2200 weapon will boost your damage by a significant amount.

To add in more though, one of the cool things you can do with shadowmeld is you can macro abilitys into smeld or just have them keybound off your main actionbar where the bar doesn't page, because you can use stealth abilitys from shadowmeld without being on your stealth bar. For example shadowmeld garroting a healer without having to meld enter stealth then garrote which makes it a lot quicker of an action.

As for overall play though, i'd suggest getting focus arena 1-3 macros as well as blind 123/disarm 123 and focus about everything from shiv to redirect kidney if you can afford the binds.

Off topic I've been trying to stream more whenever I can play at twitch.tv/nahj if you want to look at some past broadcasts.
Edited by Nahjx on 3/12/2012 9:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Woah I am freaking mind blown lol haha I didnt know this and Im running 2s in the 1800-1900 bracket(making that 2k push) But as a generally rule of thumb I use shadow dance with recup with slice n dice with burst trink and generally with tricks at 70+ energy. But Im going to try 100 energy. My problem lately is my recup falls off a few seconds into the dance or slice n dice so I use energy in shadow dance to get those back up. So for better burst I guess Im going to drop slice in dice unless I can get it up. Tricks usage. When do you use it Mr gladiator?

With your post on arena macros. I always thought that using arena1 arena2 and arena3 would be to slow for me for example where would I bind them? I use tricks as f1 as [target=(name)] But what I am learning from you is to use macros such as stance1 stance2 stance3 etc. I have to find what stance shadow meld is but keybinding might be harder but I will look into it. If I can do it I will easily start. I generally use focus macros on enemys tho.
Edited by Chronicshizz on 3/12/2012 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
03/12/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Chronicshizz
Woah I am freaking mind blown lol haha I didnt know this and Im running 2s in the 1800-1900 bracket(making that 2k push) But as a generally rule of thumb I use shadow dance with recup with slice n dice with burst trink and generally with tricks at 70+ energy. But Im going to try 100 energy. My problem lately is my recup falls off a few seconds into the dance or slice n dice so I use energy in shadow dance to get those back up. So for better burst I guess Im going to drop slice in dice unless I can get it up. Tricks usage. When do you use it Mr gladiator?

SND is very good to use, but is mostly a luxury. However, in 2s though usually I can keep recup, snd and expose armor up for going hard in a vanish/meld find weakness to force CDs. In which blinding a killtargets trinket and sapping out stun dr to restun full is a very good strat in terms of killing healers.
Edited by Nahjx on 3/12/2012 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Woah woah woah! You use expose armor? Now what are the basics on expose armor!? When we are going in for a kill? Or whenever we can afford to give it up the combos. Your gladness contiunes to amaze me
With your strat. Lets say your on a healer. You burst hard in a full kidney. So he trinks you blind you make a hard switch to DPS and you resap healer keep bursting down dps then what? Go back healer I assume? Depending on how low dps is.
Edited by Chronicshizz on 3/12/2012 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I run disc rogue and I have dr tracker and ill get a target to half health while my friend fears off heals and the heals trinks. I dont want to blind for half dr cause I dont believe Ill land a kill without that burst. I cant resap because his heal will put him into combat. Unless I smoke bomb and try to resap possiably?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
03/12/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Chronicshizz
Woah woah woah! You use expose armor? Now what are the basics on expose armor!? When we are going in for a kill? Or whenever we can afford to give it up the combos. Your gladness contiunes to amaze me

Expose armor is more of a situational stars alligned setup when you know you're going to get peeled after you snd and you still have maybe more than 15sec of recup that you know you don't have to renew yet where evis damage isn't enough to matter unless it's a cb point dump during a dance. It is nice because a 5point expose will last a minute, then you can work on getting a snd after that to dance on a healer in 2s etc.

Against rshams it is very nice to stun a shaman right when your partner can fear whether it's kidney shotting a rsham and having a warlock fear bomb the dps in 3s. Or like in RMP having a mage deep the healer and fear the other dps off having a 3v1 with the healer not being able to dispel the fear. As for how that would relate to 2s is mainly letting your priest fear whenever you stun/garrote a normal healer, but in the case of shamans they can use totems like grounding/tremor while silenced so only when shamans are stunned.

Onto the whole blind sap out stun dr mainly works for when your healer drags the dps as far as they can so they can't peel you without using a cd like sprint or shadowstep/charge/kitty leap etc to get to you. It also lets you position yourself around a pillar etc to los healer cc like hex if you don't have a kick or los ferals with predator swiftness procs running to clone you.
Edited by Nahjx on 3/12/2012 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Ill make sure to check out your live stream, but thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, you have made me already 40x better. I know to use 5 point combos to dump evis now instead of reknewing a recup or snd thats at 10 seconds or something. And from the things I've listed before. I will make sure to keep in touch with you and to ask future questions because you've been nothing but a big help. By the way I have a live stream too although I wouldn't want to waste your time. Thank you though, I really do appericate your help.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
03/12/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Chronicshizz
Ill make sure to check out your live stream, but thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, you have made me already 40x better. I know to use 5 point combos to dump evis now instead of reknewing a recup or snd thats at 10 seconds or something. And from the things I've listed before. I will make sure to keep in touch with you and to ask future questions because you've been nothing but a big help. By the way I have a live stream too although I wouldn't want to waste your time. Thank you though, I really do appericate your help.

A lot of the times redirect kidneying for CC is nicer than evis'ing as well just to setup 3v1/2v1 situations to prevent yourself from being peeled. Especially if you have a vanish/meld/dance cheapshot for your killtarget.

#showtooltip redirect
/castsequence [@focus, exists] reset=20 Redirect, Kidney Shot
/stopattack
Is the basic focus redirect kidney macro. On non orcs/ people with stun reduction meta you can sap out of kidney shot if you time it right as it takes 6seconds to drop combat.

You're welcome for the help :D.
Edited by Nahjx on 3/12/2012 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Sorry to contiune on with this FAQs but I run into the most trouble in 2s with resto shammys. If its a warlock rshammy combo I normally sit warlock. Or dk rshammy I set DK. Because the lock or dk gets out a ton of damage. How can we CC mana burn and win this fight? Its very difficult. Disc cant catch up to shammy for fears. When he does fear it = tremor. Mana burns on warrior rshammy =charge. its Just hard. lol

UPDATE: Fear to a resap can be hard. Ill be damage damageing and I pop dance to go get a sap off and it sometimes takes 5-6 seconds just to get back to kill target so to prevent this use sprint and shadow dance to quickly get back on kill target right?

Btw rupture is a waste right?
Edited by Chronicshizz on 3/12/2012 10:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Glad addons. What do you use? I've seen some funky !@#$ glads use.

My addons:
Gladius
Spell alert
Dr Tracker
Dispelborder.
Edited by Chronicshizz on 3/12/2012 10:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
03/12/2012 10:02 PMPosted by Chronicshizz
Sorry to contiune on with this FAQs but I run into the most trouble in 2s with resto shammys. If its a warlock rshammy combo I normally sit warlock. Or dk rshammy I set DK. Because the lock or dk gets out a ton of damage. How can we CC mana burn and win this fight? Its very difficult. Disc cant catch up to shammy for fears. When he does fear it = tremor. Mana burns on warrior rshammy =charge. its Just hard. lol

Generally, I open hard on whatever doesn't have earthshield with a blind into sap on what has the earthshield and give my priest time to clean all the buffs off both targets.

Just don't overcomit when your priest is not at a time to dispel you or you don't have the luxury to cloak offensively without falling behind. Most of it is just setting up windows of fearing both sham and lock if possible when shaman is stunned or getting a full fear without tremor into a mc while on the lock. If the priest gets locked on mc/burn he can chip in with offensive holy fires/penances if you are topped off with a shield.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
03/12/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Chronicshizz
addons. What do you use?

Most of the them are listed on the info tab on my twitch page, but I use the following.

Gladius - Useful for tracking DR's and keeping track of enemy teams trinkets. The AJ version has DR timers build into it.
OmniCC - replaces the spinwheel for cooldowns with a number tracking when the cooldown will be ready.
Icicle - Shows how long till a enemy cooldown is back up on top of their nameplate. This addon can't be found on curse and as far as I know only available at http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info19148-Icicle.html.
SafeQueue - Removes the option to click leave que for arenas.
ExtraCD - shows the icd(inner cooldown on trinkets like vial of shadows).
Addon Control Panel - Lets you turn addons on and off without logging out.
REFlex Arena/Battleground Historian - Nice to keep track of past games to look back at points lost/won and who/what you fought.

As for keeping track of stun DR's I like to use 2 diff scripts that start a backwords stopwatch to track stun dr that I place on top of my player frame.

Kidney shot
/run f=CreateFrame("Frame") f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED") f:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self,event,...) if UnitName(select(1,...))==UnitName("player") and select(5,...)==408 then Stopwatch_StartCountdown(0,0,26) Stopwatch_Play() end end)

Cheapshot
/run f=CreateFrame("Frame") f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED") f:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self,event,...) if UnitName(select(1,...))==UnitName("player") and select(5,...)==1833 then Stopwatch_StartCountdown(0,0,23) Stopwatch_Play() end end)

Btw rupture is a waste right?

Never use rupture.

Fear to a resap can be hard. Ill be damage damageing and I pop dance to go get a sap off and it sometimes takes 5-6 seconds just to get back to kill target so to prevent this use sprint and shadow dance to quickly get back on kill target right?

The mini sprint attached to step is really nice if you are short on time and focus step to get a focus sap out of a fear as that helps you get back to your target. Sprint is a relatively short enough cd that you can usually have it when running for a sap out of fear, other than that maybe if you don't have a cd you could probably start running for it earlier at maybe the last 3 seconds of the fear if it's more than 10yards away.
Edited by Nahjx on 3/12/2012 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]