So what do you think

about the new FAA regulations that will go into effect in 2015 that will allow your local police and other agencies and companies to fly small drones around your neighborhood?

Big brother in the sky?

Edited by Deandia on 3/14/2012 12:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
As if there haven't been satellites that can pick out the hair on the mole on your face used by agencies for years?

Economically local police departments won't be able to afford flying a drone frequently.
Edited by Snozberries on 3/14/2012 4:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
That could very well be but I live in a small community and we have a swat team.

I am sure our local chief is just chomping at the bit to start flying these things around just to annoy people. He is that type of guy.
Edited by Deandia on 3/14/2012 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
i think they should be limited to a size and weight not likely to penetrate a typical structure upon failure.. like a typical remote control plane or perhaps a bit larger. other than that i dunno..
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
How does this not violate the 4th amendment, the shaky arguments that justify narcotics dogs dont even come close to justify this whole new invasion of privacy.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
03/21/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Nareshnalol
How does this not violate the 4th amendment, the shaky arguments that justify narcotics dogs dont even come close to justify this whole new invasion of privacy.

You don't own the airspace, the government does.
I'm betting that's the excuse that'll be used to keep it alive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]