From <Reckoning>

85 Human Warlock
Hi, Lightninghoof.

As most of you might've heard by now, Reckoning is leaving Lightninghoof within the next reset or two. We've really appreciated all of the support the server has given us over the years, and I didn't want to clutter the realm forums with a lengthy explanation.

If you're interested in the full post, you can check it out at our website:

http://www.reckoningwow.com/Lightninghoof

Also, the night before last, as sort of a final "So long!" we attacked Orgrimmar after our main raid and (finally) took down Garrosh. The last time we tried to do that, we had just killed Sinestra, and we brought almost 150 people into the city - which pretty much instantly crashed the node (and then we all slowly died, unable to move).

This time around, we had a different plan, and we think our smaller raid (37 people) worked better, or at least allowed everybody (Horde and us) to move a little more without burying the Kalimdor server in intense latency.

We made a little video of the end of our epic, enjoyable night. Thanks to everybody that turned out to kill us... and wiped us twice, once with Garrosh at 20%. Here's the thing, though - if we wipe at 20%, we don't go to sleep.

WE JUST PULL AGAIN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkWZm9IGWV8

Good luck, guys.

-V
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Personally, this is a very bitter-sweet decision. It's necessary and I'm sure I'll enjoy wherever we end up, but the hoof has been my home for far too long for me not to shed a tear.

R I P
Edited by Xiloscient on 3/14/2012 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
;
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
;)
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
If anyone wants to keep in contact you can mail me in game with your Real ID and I will add you.

Goodbye! ^.^

-Melanie
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Sad to see you guys go. First with Cadia closing up shop and now you guys, the Hoof will be a much less exciting and active server. It's definitely understandable why you're transferring, and the continuation of your guild trumps any attachment to this server. Thanks for the years of the (I hope) friendly rivalry which spurred our progression when Cadia raided, and good luck where you end up.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
Having been on the hoof for 5 years, I distinctly recall many times (especially in Wrath) grouping with members of Reckoning. I also recall a few times in BC.

Members who were always respectful, never complaining about someone else's DPS, just doing their job in a damn good way.

I always have had respect for the <Reckoning> philosophy of no forum/trade !@#$-talk, and have considered that an important value of a proper raiding guild. You have provided a role-model for other raiding guilds, something I hope they would/will follow.

My memories range from a simple Azjol-Nerub heroic run crazy fast, to Zul Aman with a priest who could spam heals nonstop, to gank/pvping in Wintergrasp when Varnius was around. I saw him take on several Horde at once and win. Sometimes, I'd help. Other times, I'd log on to my horde, and fight him. Then I'd log back on to Alliance, and ask him about it, and his strategy.

I'd always receive a straight-forward answer, true to the point. I believe that is what Reckoning represents. Performance without elitism. Excellence while teaching.

Good luck to you all, I'm proud to say I have grouped with you, battlegrounded with you, world pvp'd with you, and also chatted with you. You are a great guild who have achieved much, and I wish you the best in the future.

Cheers.

Reply Quote
I'm glad to have been able to finish this tier with you guys. Thank you for all the experience you gave me. Best of luck on the new server and on all your future progress.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
So long, and thanks for all the various places I AFK'ed around on you LH. Did I tell you I love you?

Cheers.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Good times LH, way better server than my previous ones and a pleasure to reside here. I'll be sticking around on my Mage to raid with some new friends (looking @ you Gravy DS) but Mathlete's saying farewell. Best of luck to everyone and thanks for all the memories ;)
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
...and so ends Lightninghoof's last hope. I wish you guys the best of luck, you've all done excellent work this expansion and I give you guys my seal of approval for all you've done in trying to maintain my old home as it once was.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
When I heard this news, tears ran down my cheeks as I dream of the glory days. Starting from the days when Awakening first started in classic, the battle between Enshadowed and Awakening, the formation of Reckoning in BC, the growth and aggressive competition between Cadia and Reckoning persisted during WoTLK, and now both guilds Cadia/Reckoning is going into their retirement in Cataclysm. But it is not over yet, the new kids in the block will come and take your place but they have a long road to go, and it is a harsh one indeed.

You both gave us all a legacy to look up at, and that leaves us a remembrance to last forever. LONG LIVE LIGHTINGHOOF! LONG LIVE RECKONING, CADIA, AND OTHERS TO COME!

P.S. I do wish you all much luck!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Bye
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Bye
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Bye
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Bye
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Goodbye Reckoning ... LH will miss you, the last of the 25 man guilds.

may i ask what server you will be transferring to?
Edited by Bogsy on 3/15/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
what? some other guild will be able to get realm firsts now? =p
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I will miss killing you Xilo - Jekalu
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]