LF dragon soul.

100 Night Elf Druid
I have not been in the dragon soul raid in a while and i really want my current teir.
If theres ever an open spot pst me in game. Im 388 with 4/8normal experience. please and thank you. :D
Edited by Ellaberia on 3/18/2012 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t127445-feral_cat_cataclysm_4_3_dragon_soul/
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
i do have my rotation down now.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
LFR tells you to click the button when you get hit by stuff you're not supposed to. I think normals do too.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
There are a lot of differences between LFR and normal mode. Just find a DS guide that explains the diffs so you're prepared next time. A lot of groups won't explain the fights, because they've been out so long already. They'll more or less expect you to have looked them up if you do not know them. As for their attitudes, just ignore it. As long as you want to improve, then that's all that matters. Just take steps to do that and people will take notice eventually. Initiative goes a long way.
Edited by Omegal on 3/16/2012 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
I agree completely!

Fading light needs to be removed from the ultraxion encounter. It is the only ability in the normal instance that requires individual responsibility versus everything else that you can just carry bad players through. If Blizzard is going to leave in abilities like this, then there needs to be some sort of in game journal or something where players can read about encounters ahead of time. Failing that, maybe a website where players can go to read about encounters, or a place where videos are posted (for people who are have trouble with reading comprehension) that explicitly tell you what you need to do on fights in order not to die. Short of resources like these, bad players will keep walking into four month old post-nerf instances and be so distracted by the fabulous loot raining down from the pinnatas that they forget to hit the big purple button when the big red warning flashes across their screen.

TL;DR: What Omegal said
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
while i agree with what zey said, i don't think we need to belittle people for making a mistake. not everyone raids at the same level of intensity that we do, and everyone has to start somewhere.

the problem is that LFR teaches people to do the fights wrong and there is almost no penalty for ignoring most of the fight mechanic. if a person has only ever done LFR, i can understand why something like ultraxion could be a surprise. hopefully the OP has learned that if he wants to do anything other than LFR runs, he/she should do a little basic research in the future.

Reply Quote
70 Undead Rogue
lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Yeah but people often get called bad for many reasons, things that could be avoided by looking up guides, reading about encounters, or watching a video.

Or if your group are willing to help, just saying "Hey I don't know this fight" will sometimes get you explanations. That in itself can scream *I'm lazy* so switching that up to "I read about/watched this fight but I've never done it" will go over even better.

I find it hard to believe someone making a real effort that has done all this would get called bad this hard.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
03/16/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Games
LFR tells you to click the button when you get hit by stuff you're not supposed to. I think normals do too.

^ this, but you also need to make sure you have the latest version of DBM installed since it gives you timers as well so you're already prepared. You can play around with the positioning of the timer bars so it's in an easy to see spot on your screen.

Must D/L and keep DBM updated
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/17/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Lazely
Must D/L and keep DBM updated

This. DBM will tell you when bad things are about to happen and if you should switch targets for adds or the like. Ignore the haters and keep your nose to the grindstone and you'll eventually get the hang of it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
http://www.icy-veins.com/raids

The icy veins guides are very helpful as they provide a role-specific section as well as an overview of the encounter.

As previously mentioned, have DBM (or equivalent) loaded, and read the dungeon journal. People should be more tolerant, but they won't be. Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Thats not the entirety of the story. He forgot to mention that we did infact Explain every single boss mechanic in detail and go to Ultraxion. But; before that he died to the black on morchok. Die to not stacking on Skittles and got hit by the ball numerous times, as in fact dying literally in the first 30 seconds of hagara. And like he posted, died to ultraxion repeatedly.

Should probably explain the entire story and not just one side. i dont troll but i was in that raid on my hunter and quite literally hammered on crown and coke.
Reply Quote
i was healing that raid, and after being kicked for not pressing the button a single time he proceeded to /say and /w members of the raid "haha at least i won the token :D jokes on you!" or some other childish BS
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Any trolling aside. The only person who can "Stop it please" is you. Read up on your class, stop expecting to be carried through everything, on everyone elses research and hard work, and do some yourself. Why would you go into a raid and not have any clue about any of the bosses like someone is coming to stop every 4 trash pulls to explain every mechanic to a boss fight for you. I can't even fathom your reasoning for posting this, you are just enabling more trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Now the trolling has started again,Im named Ellabaddie by most of the people on trade, people think im the worst druid ever, i ws instantly gkicked from numerous guilds instantly as i joined,
And im gettingintant NO's for DS, IM sick of it , Someone stop it!

Just logged in to say, to me you wont be Ellabaddie. Your name reminds me of berries, you shall be Ellaberries to me :D

Also, you're better geared than my feral and I envy your pretty vial.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
This is why I have always hated pug raids. Keep raiding in the guild!

What is funny is that probably everyone on this thread and whoever has trolled you has died to hour of twilight or fading light repeatedly until they understood the mechanics of the fight (myself included). People will sometimes be jerks to you if they know the fights and you don't. Trolling sucks if your on the receiving end but like others have said already, you need to read up on your class and spec role for each boss encounter. Asking people for help is good but you will run into jerks who wont help and just poke fun for not knowing. LFR is a big joke that Blizzard should have never implemented because it dumbs down the player.

Bottom line is to know you are knowledgeable enough about the encounters, be prepared with flask/food buffs, be properly geared,gemed, forged, enchanted, and most importantly of all AVOID MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES TWICE. This way you are not wasting your own time or the raid's time.

I wish you the best in your raiding experiences.
Edited by Cweeb on 3/18/2012 2:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Nothing constructive to add here.

~Sage
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
its your job to make sure you are up to standards if not be prepared to be belittled no one enjoys having their time wasted even in LFR these days.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
03/18/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Keiranthil
its your job to make sure you are up to standards if not be prepared to be belittled no one enjoys having their time wasted even in LFR these days.
Like for anti-time-wasting.

~Sage
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]