Ban PVP gear in dungeons!!!

85 Undead Warlock
Because when you wear PVP gear, you have zero hit rating, and you do negative DPS.

http://i.imgur.com/8ze8x.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I understand where you're coming from but if the dps has pvp gear and is still top damage I don't really care they he/she has resil, as long as their doing their roll well.
My main is a tank and his "dps" gear consists of pvp and tank gear and I top heroics and top 5 in raids.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
03/09/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Benzine
I don't get it.

I think he's supposed to be bragging that he pulled a whopping 17k dps in one of the new 5 mans. Now just imagine how much more he'd be doing if he didn't have 2,200 secondary stat points wasted with resilience.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Because when you wear PVP gear, you have zero hit rating, and you do negative DPS.

17k wow, you must be really good.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I'm not bragging. Just pointing out that you can do perfectly adequate DPS in a mix of crafted PvP gear and questing gear. It would have been higher, but I was on flarecore duty and had forgotten to keybind fel flame so I could DPS while chasing them. If someone is doing 10k DPS in a HoT, it's not because of the PvP gear.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/09/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Talino
I don't get it.

I think he's supposed to be bragging that he pulled a whopping 17k dps in one of the new 5 mans. Now just imagine how much more he'd be doing if he didn't have 2,200 secondary stat points wasted with resilience.

Indeed think of that as 2200 more mastery or something that actually helps you, Really PVP gear should count as ZERO ilvl in PvE. I mean noone would take in people in full LFR 384s and some 397 valor in the ranked BG's

Same way we DO NOT want to carry PVP baddies that think the PVP gear is meant to be used in PVE
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/09/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Amyntala
Indeed think of that as 2200 more mastery or something that actually helps you,

2200 crit rating ---> 2200 / 179 = 12.3% crit = about 10% dps difference? assuming someone can do 20k at his gear level, that's like 1.8k dps difference?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Indeed think of that as 2200 more mastery or something that actually helps you, Really PVP gear should count as ZERO ilvl in PvE. I mean noone would take in people in full LFR 384s and some 397 valor in the ranked BG's

This right here. This is the kind of thing I was making fun of.

Same way we DO NOT want to carry PVP baddies that think the PVP gear is meant to be used in PVE

The one getting carried in that group was the 11k wonder in 370-ilevel PVE gear.
Reply Quote
46 Gnome Warlock
Barked up that tree a while back... It was more of a pain when dungeons were remotely difficult. I take solace in the fact that ill never have to run another dungeon until after MOP. IM sitting for MOP.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
bad players are bad no matter gear - end of story

pvp is actually some of the best gear you can get leveling up.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
2 hours 46 minutes ding to LFR this morning. did one heroic random (deadmines) and the 3 heroic HoT. each once. the 377 pvp gear got me into raiding.

my alt is a very casual alt. only gets played once per week. Don't hate on casualz. :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Spend ~ 1.5k on 377 boe's,

que with 10 vanq/str users,

profit
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

as a driud you should know better, some PvP gear is BiS till heroic drops for ferals.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I use pvp head and shoulders (shampoo, lol)
The 378 heather head and shoulders have yet to drop for me in hots and no luck in lfr either, but all target dummy pummeling shows that the agil increase pairs with reforging makes those pvp pieces increase my dps over the 359 hat and shoulders I was using before.

Currently, however, they are reforged to crit cause I was doing some bg KB stealing last night, cause after all, rogues in bgs don't pvp, they just let you almost kill stuff, then take the last hit.

Normally, however, I am hit capped and pull about 32k target dummy dps as mut. You sir, and all you folks agreeing with him, can feel free to kick me from any group you like, but the pvp pieces are actually upgrades over what I was using before, sadly.

It's highly probable that anyone that grinds out the 390 honor gear set, but reforges and gems it for pve, can do at least enough dps for hots or lfr, no matter how much you hate their 4k resil. Should they take every piece at least 378 usable for their class? Yes. I'd even argue that trinkets as low as 333 il are more useful than most pvp trinkets in pve, except maybe the 400 or so crit insignia trinket, after all, 400 or so crit, no resil, and breaking movement and stun effects does have its uses.

Basically, lay off the guys if they're doing okay.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

lol yea really, ppl pulled that back in the old heroics. Most ppl do at least 25k in the 3 new heroics, if the OP had full PVE gear of like 378 he could be doing way more than 17k.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

as a driud you should know better, some PvP gear is BiS till heroic drops for ferals.

Even so, serious raiders wouldnt take anyone with PVP gear on. Thats why LFR is full of ppl with crappy gear so they can raid current content without a guild getting on them for the gear.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue

lol yea really, ppl pulled that back in the old heroics. Most ppl do at least 25k in the 3 new heroics, if the OP had full PVE gear of like 378 he could be doing way more than 17k.

Your logic is flawed, people pulled 17k in old heroics, so what did the people pulling 25k now pull in their first few hots?

... I imagine about 17k...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]