Heroic Raid Finder

90 Troll Shaman
Raid finder was a really good idea, because it made people who could never find time to raid with a guild to be able to somewhat experience what a raid is like. Raiding with a guild is awesome but it can be difficult to make the raid times for a lot of people. Raid Finder gives the full raid but there are no mechanics which makes the raid good to start off with but with no mechanics it's just not fun, and not the full content. The fun in raids is to be able to raid with a group and work together to figure out ways to do the bosses together. If we added heroic raid finder to give out the full difficulty raid content would make it a lot more convenient to raid rather than doing it with a guild. But that leads to two problems - Guild raids completely disappearing , and bad players Q ing and not having vent (maybe add a blizzard official vent type program built in the game?).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nope. If your guild's raid times no longer work for you but you still want to raid, either go with an alt run or find a new guild.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
But why go through the hassle of running with a guild and changing your life schedule if you can just Q up whenever you find some free time?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
If you don't have the time to raid with your current guild - Find a new guild.
Or you can transfer to a server with constant normal mode pugs throughout the day.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
And a lot of the times in guilds you don't have a spot because a lot of people want to raid and only 10 can go....which means you missed raiding for that week.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Wouldn't Heroic LFR make normal mode pugs a lot easier to find? And what are the objections to making heroic LFR? give me a few reason on why it's a bad idea? It wouldn't hurt to have it certainly?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Wouldn't Heroic LFR make normal mode pugs a lot easier to find? And what are the objections to making heroic LFR? give me a few reason on why it's a bad idea? It wouldn't hurt to have it certainly?
People are idiots. Want to pug heroic 25 man raid? You can bet there will be one idiot in most pugs there just to wipe the raid by not moving during one boss mechanic, causing everyone to die in a couple of seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
My spot has been taken for the past like month probably , same with new guilds too, they all have their people set, so joining a new guild would not solve that problem. H LFR would however.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
That's why we make the requirements to Q up in Heroic LFR high so that bad people wouldent Q... (by heroic lfr i mean normal mode raid instead of super nerfed not pug heroic 25 man). And the LFR should have the right to kick the players after 2 wipes to make sure trolls dont Q to purposely make raid wipe...and why would anyone do that ..not that many ppl would. lol!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not the game's fault your guild has replaced you because of your schedule. Why should 9-24 other people adjust their schedules to accommodate one person? No one is irreplaceable when it comes to raiding.

People who want to run heroic content already can. Heroic/progression guilds will always have a schedule. If you can't commit to their schedule, find another guild.

LFR is for casuals who are not interested in heroic content.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
03/10/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Lobster
LFR is for casuals who are not interested in heroic content.
Not really. But whatever. If you feel that way.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
This wasnt a schedule issue because I was making their times, this was an issue of them just not taking me most of the time cuz their core group was set.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/10/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Zalahad
This wasnt a schedule issue because I was making their times, this was an issue of them just not taking me most of the time cuz their core group was set.

That's not Blizzard's fault. They either didn't take you because the role of your class/spec was already taken by something else, orrrr you're not the kind of raider they want.
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Druid
03/10/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Zalahad
My spot has been taken for the past like month probably , same with new guilds too, they all have their people set, so joining a new guild would not solve that problem. H LFR would however.
Then you aren't looking for a guild in the proper way.

Look for guilds that fit your schedule
Look for guilds that need your class/spec
Look for guilds that share your attitude and playstyle

Heroic LFR just wouldn't work. Most organized guilds struggle on hardmodes. Add LFR to it, griefing, vent and raid leadership issues, and it would be a raging disaster. LFR works perfect for what it was designed for.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It's not about being bad its about the same exact 10 people logging on on teusday night to clear the raid who had the reserved spots, me being one of the people to log on and occasionally one of the people would not make it and they would take me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So you want Blizzard to make heroic LFR because you don't feel like being a committed raider, and thus why your guild benched you?

Uhh.. heroic content requires committed players. If you can't be one of those, I see no reason for Blizzard to accommodate you any more than they already have. LFR already exists. Use it.
Edited by Lobster on 3/10/2012 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
03/10/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Zalahad
bad players Q ing and not having vent

That right there tells you why heroic raid finder would not work. Real raiding requires 10, 25, people that know how to play their toon, take the time to understand fight mechanics, and communicative. When your raid guild pulls in a pug, they can moderate them. When you enter content which is basically 10, 25 pugs. Forget it. For those of you that now military lingo, I'm talking a Charlie Foxtrot (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Charlie_Foxtrot).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]