[H-RP] Undercity Census seeking new members!

90 Undead Warlock
Grumbling under her breath about the painful lack of paper runners in the office these days, the undead woman saunters up to the Warchief's Command Board in Tarren mill, and added the same lengthy scroll to the wooden construct's surface as she had in Brill, Undercity, Andorhal, and the Sepulcher...

Hear ye! Hear ye! The illustrious Undercity Census is now recruiting. We are the pens and quills of the Forsaken, serving as historians, librarians and record keepers since the dawn of our kind. In more recent times, we have been called to aid our people as the Dark Lady's voice, acting as diplomats and ambassadors across the lands of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. However, due to seperation from the Deathguard of old, we also seek those skilled with bow and blade. We ask for trackers to locate people or persons, scouts to collect information with which to add to our libraries, and bodyguards to protect our dignitaries as they travel abroad, seeing the four corners of Azeroth and beyond.

Now, while we aim to support and recruit mostly our brothers and sisters of undeath, we would also like to extend our hands in accepting representatives of the other Horde races. However, this will be a carefully screened process, and only two per race shall be permitted. In short, we hope to solidify our affiliation with the greater Horde, and not just bonds with our closer kin.

Should any questions be raised in regards to our humble and dedicated organization, please speak to any of our representatives within the Undercity or general Brill area. Be well, and may the Dark Lady watch over us all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK! Time for the OOC part. Now, some of you may know me or seen me around, a good few of you blue siders have likely exchanged more then harsh words and a few spells/bullets/arrows/ blades with me. And of those who spoken with me in pleasant affairs, you have probably heard me preach gospel about the 'Census'. "But what is this Census?" many of you have probably asked yourself, or more accurately, wondered why it matters to you. Now, the answer is this:

[Lore wise] The UC Census finds it's roots in lore, as being a group of record keepers and number takers. There were even a few quests back in the day, where they helped you find someone's dearly beloved, yet long dead relative. Most times that relative would be Forsaken. It was an often thankless, tiresome job, one that is self rewarding to to those who wished to help their fellow undead.

[Modern day/Canon] Now, with the Cataclysm behind us, and the numbers of undead rising once more thanks to Val'kyr, every aspect of the Dark Lady's various servants and agents have had to step it into overdrive. The Census has taken up this challenge to further help it's kin by adopting the role of town legates, wayward traveling diplomats, and more active field agents to locate those we seek information on. We also assist people in finding a guild they can be happy with, even if it is not our own. ((Yes, we have actually helped a LOT of people get recruited into the guilds they wanted, at the detriment of our own numbers. >.<))

[The Coalition] As stated before, the Undercity Census is part of a collaboration between two other guilds. These being the militaristic <The Undercity Battalion> (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006244295?page=1#1), and enigmatically inovative <Royal Apothecary Society>.( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4362517416?page=1#1 ) We have tried, and continue to make efforts in expanding this coalition to include more then just forsaken exclusive guilds (We are at current seeking an orc clan that would like to join the coalition as our Kor'kron Overseers *Hint hint*) There is also <The Lordaeron Academy>, a group dedicated to teaching RPers the lore behind our preffered race. We would love to have offers from troll, tauren, and even blood elf and goblin guilds in order to expand our RP ((After all, I did mention we are seeking representatives from each race^~ ))

((More to come.))
Edited by Catteline on 12/13/2012 5:50 PM PST
90 Undead Warlock
[What Can We Offer you?] The Census is devoted to helping it's people get where they want to be, even if not with us. First and foremost, however, we provide an immersive atmosphere for not only zombie-centric RP, but also the possibility for YOU as the potential members to help peel away the layers of segregational stigma which many claim plagues our server. After all, is this not the true goal of any good diplomat? To make trusted friends and allies out of skeptical adversaries and hostile enemies?

We are also working on some PvE goals, right now cobbling a general group together to do instances together (we will look at heroics when enough are ready, and same with raids) However, due to our relations with the coalition mentioned above, we are able to draw from eachother, guild in hand with guild, to form these groups and get the job done. Raiding and Rated Battle Grounds may or may not come later. We are also level Sixteen, with a sizable guild bank.

[What Do We Ask of You?] To those interested in joining, we seek several general character archetypes: The diplomatic who favoring brain and words over brawn and brutality, not restricted to clothies however. The guardian and bodyguards who are dedicated to protecting their fellows within the Census. Agents to uncover secrets, track people down, and do detective type things. Governers to be posted in various forsaken towns and work to promote RP events and atmosphere in their given area.

We also ask for maturity as well as people who understand and abide by the Lore of Warcraft. ((For better or for worse)) We also would like to see active members, as it is a recently instated rule that, unless good reason is given, two months inactive will get you canned. However, once you bear witness to how many people we interact with on a regular basis, and all the opportunities for YOU to pioneer RP events and happenings, then I am sure you will be glad to stick around.

[Guild Rules] Getting into the Census is easy enough, you need only ask around for us, conduct an in character, as well as OOC interview process, from there, it's a simple acceptance or not. This interview, however, is equal parts of us seeing if you want to join us, and if your destiny and enjoyment would not be better fitted elsewhere. Yes, if we discover that you would be more suited to the militaristic Battalion, or scientific Apothecaries, we will continue the interview, but by bringing in a representative from the other guild to see if they are more your cup of tea.

While this gesture has lost us a great many members, it has strengthened our allies, and by doing so, our bonds with them. Other rules include a requirement for being a mature individual. This does not mean you MUST BE AN ADULT! Just that you act like one, by way of courtesy, consideration, and respect for others. This does not mean we deny fun, however, as I will admit that I myself like to be pleasantly childish, from time to time. But, there is a time for play, and a time to get your serious face on.

As stated above, if you remain inactive for longer then two months, without giving good reason, then you shall be removed from guild. However, as stated, if you do give a good reason, or even a half butted one, we won't give you the boot. Being prior navy myself, and being forced to randomly vanish for months if not a whole year at a time, I understand whole heartedly that Real Life comes first.

If you are found violating rules of common human courtesy, depending on the severity, we will issue up to two warnings, before giving you the can. Although, if the violation is too severe *Remembers the Story Circle incident* Then ramifucations will come down, and they will be most dire.

[Q&A] Now, I would like to open the floor to questions, comments, concerns or complaints. Did I mistype something? Was all the information well placed? And, do you have any comments about our guild, coalition, policies, or ideals?
Edited by Catteline on 12/13/2012 6:00 PM PST
90 Goblin Warlock
This bears the goblin seal of approval with a big smile plastered in the middle.

Interesting guild and people: I really enjoy the RAS-Watchers-Census coalition gig. :D

POWER TO THE FORSAKEN!
Edited by Wïtch on 3/11/2012 11:43 AM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
@Montulet: Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed it a while ago.
@Witch: Thanks ^~ Good to know we got the props from our lil' green friends *Sneaks a few gold into Witch's hand*
81 Troll Priest
Uh... You mentioned in the IC part about letting members of the other races in. Mind explaining that one?
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks for the help, Emmberr, I'll remember it what I use Gibbs to kill you, then frame her for it.

Also, bump.
90 Undead Warlock

I hate you... So much...

But in all seriousness, does anyone out there have any real comments, questions or complaints that I can help answer/deal with in reference to the recruitment ad?

EDIT:
03/12/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Zehrah
Uh... You mentioned in the IC part about letting members of the other races in. Mind explaining that one?

Ah, that one. Well, as stated before, while we are very forsaken heavy, we would also like to help break some of the Horde's segregationalist stigma. In order to help do this, we plan to at some point bring in two members of each race (one female, one male) on an IC level to both represent their people's interests to the Forsaken, as well as help mediate our own goals and intentions to their own native kin.

On a side note, we also allow each officer to have one none forsaken alt into the guild on an OOC basis, which may or may not be possible to change to an IC membership based on interactions with the rest of hte Census, as well as the other guilds we are in league with.
Edited by Catteline on 3/13/2012 9:29 AM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
My complaint is you stole my name you..you...deader! >:E
90 Undead Warlock
Your complaint has been noted, Lady Furball, and wil likely be answered to in the form of you being made into my personal throwrug...

Or a wrap around snuggy. haven't decided which yet.
Edited by Catteline on 3/13/2012 3:17 PM PDT
81 Troll Priest
Thanks for answering that for me.
90 Undead Warlock
*Drags back to the top with her cup of morning tea*
85 Undead Warlock
*sticks back to the top with a dagger* There, maybe now people will be afraid to let it go to page 2.
90 Undead Warlock
Bump, and just so you all know, the Census is interested in letting in a limited number of none forsaken as diplomatic anvoys! So even if you've never been burried before, it's no reason to be shy!
90 Undead Warlock
This... is disapointing... BUT! Persistence is a virtue I shall embrace with enthusiasm!
90 Blood Elf Priest
*Hugs Catteline*
Bump for you, my dear!
90 Undead Warlock
Bump again, and thanks again Cael!

WOOT! Three new recruits in one night! Grats to Centorian for being a good spokesperson!
Edited by Catteline on 3/16/2012 8:49 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
Going to look into planning/hosting a few RP events. Wish us luck!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]