Anyone else regretting the Annual pass?

90 Human Paladin
So, after putting off getting trapped in that long term contract, I got sucked in by the free mount and Diablo 3 offer and signed the annual pass. 3 months later, no Diablo 3 yet, the mount looks like crap and I have to wonder why I still play this game. Deathwing is dead, why bother with Heroic regurgitation of the same raid, for gear that will be replaced with MoP launch. Now I have 8 more months of either playing a game because I pay for it, or throwing away roughly $125 and moving on. Anyone else feel trapped lately?
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
I don't feel trapped, but i regret the pass. All my friends have quit yet i'm stuck here because i thought the mount looked shiny and cool and 'WoW wouldn't die!' yet now WoW looks even more sickly than ever, if only from lack of people on our realm, and i've run out of fun things to do.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Priest
So, after putting off getting trapped in that long term contract, I got sucked in by the free mount and Diablo 3 offer and signed the annual pass. 3 months later, no Diablo 3 yet, the mount looks like crap and I have to wonder why I still play this game. Deathwing is dead, why bother with Heroics because I can't down them. Now I have 8 more months of either playing a game because I pay for it, or throwing away roughly $125 and moving on. Anyone else feel trapped lately?

I fixed it for you buddy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Brave guy talking on an alt, if you are gonna talk trash do it on a main, prove you have a pair (females excluded of course).

I really don't care about your achievements, so don't bother flashing em. I don't care who your main is, so don't bother responding. This was just a general post to see if anyone had any ideas for something to pass the time while I wait for my pass to expire so I can leave, pardon me for interrupting all this chest thumping, I killed so many (insert race here) you are so bad posts. Next time I'll put it on the general forum where people generally don't have to brag and call others out. Because they don't have to prove anything, they are just here to have fun. Unlike all these kids/immature adults who think that a video game is some mark of accomplishment. GL in real life when you move out of the basement.

Counting the days.......

Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The fact of the matter is it's just not as fulfilling to have three difficulty settings that affect numbers and the odd mechanic here or there.

And there is a "popular topic" about someone's one week experience, I found it to be a good read.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4175829182
Edited by Ex on 3/13/2012 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I do regret it bacause it was a nice mount untill the yellow dragon mount came out, now they just laugh at my mount /sad face
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Heroic modes are, frankly, a very poor way to get extra mileage out of content. The bottom line is, it's the same setting, same boss, different abilities and slightly different loot, yes, but psychologically you do not feel like you're doing something truly different. It cannot compare with a different raid.

As far as the annual pass thing, what you're experiencing is known as the sunk cost fallacy. One website explains it like this:

For instance, let's say you're in the market for a replacement computer, and the best thing for what you want is a $500 PC. However, you've always been a Mac user and recently dropped $600 on a wireless Apple keyboard. Now, even though you like everything better about the Dell, and it's twice as cheap as the nearest Mac equivalent, your brain will tell you not to waste the money you spent on the keyboard.

So, in the name of not letting the keyboard go to waste, you buy the Mac.

This is what's known as the sunk cost fallacy: a mechanism in your brain that tells you to spend money on something, simply because you've already spent money on it. In the above scenario, if you were a perfectly rational being, you'd realize that the ship has sailed on that $600. The only thing that should figure into any economic decision is the money and possessions you have in the present tense, and how they can be best used to make your life better in the future.

Something clicked in my brain when I first read that and hopefully it does for yours too, and helps you in the future. Anyway, if you're unhappy with the game, the best thing to do is quit. Hanging on in the name of not wasting money will just make you more miserable than you are already.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/21/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Thorowe
Hanging on in the name of not wasting money will just make you more miserable than you are already.

Tru dat..

Anyways, so I wonder y Blizz doesn't just charge per minute of gameplay or somethin' like a cellphone company wit rollover minutes... I mean not everybody plays 4 like 6 hours a day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]