Enchanting cost

85 Human Hunter
Anyone level Enchanting recently?

Wondering how much it would cost to level Enchanting post DS.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Almost 23k on my realm, according to http://www.warcraftprofessional.com.

But, that assumes you buy everything off the AH and use very little common sense. I can't really imagine anyone deciding that buying 600 Infinite Dust at 6.4g apiece is their best plan.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Shaman
At 23k it's not worth it to let everyone else use your DE feature in dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Well, I think mats on my realm are on some sort of uptick at present. Last time I checked, maybe halfway through Cata, Enchanting cost 8k to level.

But, think. If all the whiners and dead-horse beaters got their way it'd probably closer to 30k.

QQ. Who doesn't have an enchanter? It all works out, there's just no 'disenchant this for me' hassle, and more mats in the market.
Edited by Mnevis on 3/13/2012 12:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Rogue
If you're just going to buy all of your materials, it's very expensive. If you're smart and solo many of the lower level dungeons, you can save tons of cash. It's the lazy people who buy my old materials for such high prices.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I'm always shocked at some of the mat costs. Pleasantly shocked, since I'm usually selling. 8g per Infinite Dust? Sure! 10g per Illusion Dust? More please.

That said, I would hate to level Enchanting via the AH.

Edit: spelling-autocorrect fail
Edited by Evilzoidberg on 3/13/2012 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
On my server (though its a bad econ server) its around 16-24k but it depends on when i buy matts through out the week. But the nice thing about enchanting is you can make at least half that back easily while reselling things. Espeacially the higher you get.
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Rogue
I'm always shocked at some of the mat costs. Pleasantly shocked, since I'm usually selling. 8g per Infinite Dust? Sure! 10g per Illusion Dust? More please.

That said, I would hate to level Enchanting via the AH.

Edit: spelling-autocorrect fail

50g per Greater Eternal Essence too.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Fortunately you only need 10 Illusion Dust and 8 GEEs total to level Enchanting. I'm betting the site that came up with that ridiculous 23k number doesn't know that though.

The Infinite Dust section can be rough. You should never be buying old Dusts off the AH though unless someone is dumping them cheap. Ideally you should be DEing items you crafted yourself (or by a friend), but if that isn't an option you should at least be scanning the AH for greens. Buying mats is paying gold to your competitors to make something you can make yourself. Bad business in every sense.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Enchanting on my server would run me around 7-9k with me being moderately frugal. In all reality the price depends solely on how much you want to spend and the speed you wish to do it. You can save a couple thousand from just buying greens off the AH and De'ing them..

Also WarcraftProfessional must use the most stupid lvling guide known to man... 68k for 525 Alch... Plz I got it last week for around a tenth of that....
Edited by Hoyce on 3/13/2012 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
what is the current gold cap anywho?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
03/14/2012 01:43 AMPosted by Deadkelsier
what is the current gold cap anywho?

just under 1 million
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Rogue
Fortunately you only need 10 Illusion Dust and 8 GEEs total to level Enchanting. I'm betting the site that came up with that ridiculous 23k number doesn't know that though.

Only "need" is one thing but there are still the many folks who are the epitome of lazy who don't browse the AH for prices to see which recipe is cheapest. They just want to make the red recipes NOW.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter

Did you look at the shopping list?

It clearly lists 10 Illusion Dust and 8 Greater Eternal Essence.

On my realm much of the cost is due to 600 x [Infinite Dust] = 5260 and 95 x [Greater Celestial Essence] = 6405. Anyone have any ideas on how to reduce need for these items?
Edited by Huntrèss on 3/16/2012 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
grrrrrr..post disappeared then came back when posting another
Edited by Mikaelhill on 3/16/2012 5:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
03/16/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Huntrèss
On my realm much of the cost is due to 600 x [Infinite Dust] = 5260 and 95 x [Greater Celestial Essence] = 6405. Anyone have any ideas on how to reduce need for these items?

I leveled this part recently. I grabbed my DK, grouped with a spare guildie enchanter toon who stayed parked in Org. I went to normal Pit of Saron and killed every mob in the place. All boss drops were de'd into Abyss Crystals and sent to that enchanter for shattering, cloth was sent to tailor to craft more de fodder and all boe's sent to enchanter for de'ing (didn't use group de function for these incase guild perk procced later). 4-5 clears will have you well on your way.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
03/16/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Huntrèss
Did you look at the shopping list?

No. Guides are pretty much universally wrong since they never use yellow recipes unless they have to. This means they always overestimate the mats required.

I can do it for 535 Dust and 17 Greater Essence on average (plus 14 Dream Shards and a couple Eternals but those are usually cheap). BC mats are cheap so keep using those till your last cheap recipes with those are green (Superior Wizard Oil and Shield - Resil, about 355).

Cloak - Speed x 11 (66 Dust) -> 365
Bracer - Assault x 11 (66 Dust) -> 375
Chest - Super Stats x 11 (44 Dust + 22 Lesser) -> 385 *
Boots - Icewalker x 16 (128 Dust + 16 C Water) -> 400
Cloak - Sup Agility x 11 (99 Dust) -> 410
Glove - Exp x 11 (132 Dust) -> 420
Chest - Ex Resil x 5 (10 Greater + 10 Shard + 4 Shard for the pattern) -> 425

*if you fish it is way cheaper to grind the Angler pattern for this step but that is a bit beyond what is normally considered powerleveling.

Just-turned-yellow recipes are your friends. Generally the first 5 yellow skillups will only take 6 attempts. Yes you can be unlucky, but you can also be lucky and get them in 5. The above is with average luck.

Those prices you quote are ridiculous though. You can make Infinite Dust as long as you have any other crafting profession at your disposal.

Blacksmith + Cobalt = Horned Cobalt Helm. 9 Dust and a GCE per stack of Cobalt on average not including Bountiful Bags bonus.
Tailor + Frostweave = Duskweave Belt. 2.5 Dust and a LCE per stack of Frostweave on average (not as good obviously).
LW + Borean Leather = Arctic Boots. 5 Dust and a LCE per stack of Leather.
Jewelcrafter + Saronite + Eternal Earth = Bloodstone Band et al. 5 Dust and 2 LCE per stack of Saronite + one EE.
Jewelcrafter + Eternal Earths/Shadows = Stoneguard Band/Shadowmight Ring. 2 Dust and 0.5 LCE per Eternal.
Enchanter + Abyss Crystal = Abyssal Shatter. About 7 Dust and a GCE per Crystal. Can't do it yourself though since it takes a skill higher than you are raising.

So, lots of options, depending what resources you have available.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]