World of Warcraft Movie

90 Troll Shaman
Just sayin, get the art team that did John Carter's troll- I mean...Martians.
Reply Quote
Movies can sit in limbo for YEARS and still be made.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
...or not. There is a difference between a movie that was made or partially made being in limbo and a movie that was never started.

My bet is that there is at least an 80% chance that movie will not only be never made, but it will never get started (aka past the draft screenplay stage).
Reply Quote
79 Troll Druid
Last year it said on IMDB Warcraft (2013), but now it just says Warcraft (????) So they must have decided to scrap the idea of a 2013 release.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/15/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Nayer

And most likely suck because they never cared about it enough to give it a higher priority.
Reply Quote
All i can say is dont scrap it, some of the CGI clips you make for ingame are well done, though i know it would take a lot of work since the clips you make for the games are for a few mins or so when compared to 2hrs ish

The really great ones are the D3
Edited by Algorik on 3/15/2012 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
There are tons of actresses and actors that play(ed) this game. I am sure some would love to play a role in a game they dedicated so much time to with lesser pay. Who wouldn't love to live their own character on movie screen?!

=D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
03/15/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Nethaera
It's still on the radar. We just don't have any current updates to provide.

I guess I'm happy to hear that? It does feel as if this ship has sailed somewhat, to be honest. All games eventually taper off in popularity, and they probably should have capitalized on WoW's success sooner, rather than later.
Reply Quote
65 Night Elf Rogue
03/15/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Kozumi

And most likely suck because they never cared about it enough to give it a higher priority.

That's simply not true. Look at Inception. The movie stayed in still production since around 2004 and since coming out recently was a big success (and a good movie to me).

Take another movie, Avatar. The script was written by James Cameron in 1994 and was supposed to come out right after Titanic but was set aside because of a lack on technology he wanted. The movie comes out more than a decade later and is the most successful film ever in terms of grossing.

Think positively; this movie is basically garanteed to come out but it's just a matter of when. And when it does, the quality of the movie should not and most likely will not suffer for the wait.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
03/15/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Douka
Peter Jackson is Overrated

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Peter Jackson's 3 Oscars and Steven Spielberg want a word with you.
Reply Quote
65 Night Elf Rogue
03/16/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Elumniix
Peter Jackson is Overrated

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Peter Jackson's 3 Oscars and Steven Spielberg want a word with you.

Well to me the Lord of the Rings trilogy was pretty boring. But that's just my opinion obviously since the movie was also a large success. The thing about WoW though is that it's stories it's lore is so vast there is an unlimited possibility for this movie and they can touch on so many things that it's really bound to be at least a decent film story wise and there really shouldn't be any room for failure in that aspect.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/15/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Nethaera

**** YES! I'm glad to see it's still in production. I know most will see this as "crap from Blizz", but they have stated back in the Spike VGAs that it was still in development.

Can't wait to see what it'll look like!

And I'd rather have Sam Raimi direct. It fits his style. It'll be dark, but also have that humor that he and WoW are known for. Perfect match. I agree with the above poster, PJ is overrated. He's a fine director, no doubt, but not every movie he's made has been Oscar-worthy. See: Lovely Bones. I haven't see it, but based on critics and other viewers, it sucked. But then again, most of the PJ fans are the LOTR nuts. Get one of the directors from Game Of Thrones if they won't have Raimi.
Edited by Jaifralon on 3/16/2012 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
.... I just need to think of the Elric Movie. Epic fantasy series. Awesome books. The author heavily involved in the planning stages of the movie and what not. In the end, after years, he thrown in the towel....

There was a Elric movie ??!!
Gotta look it up!

Also, I liked the Wing Commmander games & the movie but its a good example how 'Hollywood' can screw up a film about a game. That could happen to WoW.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
mm I can speculate this:
1-New MMO Launch, old WoW Players go for it!
2-Movie Launch at the same time, new WoW players go for it!
3-PROFIT!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
03/15/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Nayer

Exactly, just look at the move The Hobbit.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
03/16/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Jaifralon

**** YES! I'm glad to see it's still in production. I know most will see this as "crap from Blizz", but they have stated back in the Spike VGAs that it was still in development.

Can't wait to see what it'll look like!

And I'd rather have Sam Raimi direct. It fits his style. It'll be dark, but also have that humor that he and WoW are known for. Perfect match. I agree with the above poster, PJ is overrated. He's a fine director, no doubt, but not every movie he's made has been Oscar-worthy. See: Lovely Bones. I haven't see it, but based on critics and other viewers, it sucked. But then again, most of the PJ fans are the LOTR nuts. Get one of the directors from Game Of Thrones if they won't have Raimi.

On the radar and still in production are two very different things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]