World of Warcraft Movie

100 Night Elf Druid
03/16/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Elumniix
Peter Jackson is Overrated

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Peter Jackson's 3 Oscars and Steven Spielberg want a word with you.

Let's talk about Lord of the Rings. We finally have the technology to do the Ents correctly, we introduce the characters, and we set up their big climactic scene....

...but when it comes time to deliver on their big climactic scene towards the end of Two Towers, what does Peter Jackson do?

He replaces them with elves.

Fellowship was fantastic. The other two movies were exercises in Peter Jackson replacing anything interesting done by non-elves with either elves doing it instead or elves doing something else that wasn't in the book at all.

I'm half expecting Hobbit to be delayed at the last moment because Jackson has the inspiration to replace all dwarves with elves for the sake of appeasing his elf fetish.

And the Oscars are meaningless nowdays. You buy your way onto the ballot now, and you buy your votes afterwards. Why do you think Gladiator won best picture? Not because it was the best movie released that year. It was bought and paid for.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Mage
They have been in production of a world of Warcraft movie for the passed 6 years at least... And there has been no news of it... there is extreme doubts that the movie will ever be made. Sam also refuses not to let anyone else direct the film nit himself... If he could let Peter Jackson make the World of Warcraft movie after he finishes with The Hobbit: There and Back again... Peter Jackson could make the world of Warcraft movie ** almost** as good as Lord of the rings if he wanted to. I would love a Warcraft movie ! But Sam isn't going to give it up...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
maybe they are doing an avatar type thing where they arent happy with current technology to make the movie? or they are too busy atm to actually make it. I say BRING ON THE MOVIE!!!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Still cant work out why they havent taken the Arthas script and made it into 3 parts. Arthas is one of Wows most iconic figures. The campaign throught war 3 and the story in wrath would make a great film, considdering its got the love aspect, betrayal, war and more. If there current plans go ahead with making some new random hero taking place 2 years after the Hyjal invasion( think it was 2 years) it will cause friction between factions of fans, as from what ive read it takes place from an Alliance perspective. This movie needs to be Neutral or tell the story from 2 perspectives, so that both sides have there good and bad moments.
This also brings the point of putting this character into the game aswell as putting the movies lore into the game, which could lead to problems, but it is Blizz lore so they can change it when they want, but just think something strong like the Arthas novel would be a far greater story.

This movie was announced a very long time ago, fans have been waiting too long and each year it gets put back fans expectations grow more and more. This Movie better be epic on a scale that the LOTR trilogy was or it will hurt the game until the movie is remade if ever.

100% agree with this - the Arthas story is VERY rich, is one of the most 'liked' heroes/villains of the WoW lore, and is totally neutral so essentially no faction wins because it's not about them in the first place (noone likes the happy 'everyone wins' endings eg aliens vs predators / freddy vs jason)
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
I'd hate to see the movie put so far off that it doesn't come out till everyone loses interest in WoW, lol. Better to strike while the iron is hot. Once people move on no one will really care about going to see a movie about it. jmho
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Even if the movie was put off for years, people would still be interested...even if they haven't played the game in years, people would still be interested in a movie...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
03/28/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Thequay

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Peter Jackson's 3 Oscars and Steven Spielberg want a word with you.

Let's talk about Lord of the Rings. We finally have the technology to do the Ents correctly, we introduce the characters, and we set up their big climactic scene....

...but when it comes time to deliver on their big climactic scene towards the end of Two Towers, what does Peter Jackson do?

He replaces them with elves.

Fellowship was fantastic. The other two movies were exercises in Peter Jackson replacing anything interesting done by non-elves with either elves doing it instead or elves doing something else that wasn't in the book at all.

I'm half expecting Hobbit to be delayed at the last moment because Jackson has the inspiration to replace all dwarves with elves for the sake of appeasing his elf fetish.

And the Oscars are meaningless nowdays. You buy your way onto the ballot now, and you buy your votes afterwards. Why do you think Gladiator won best picture? Not because it was the best movie released that year. It was bought and paid for.

your tinfoil hat fell off bra
Reply Quote
27 Tauren Paladin
i smell dark terrible things coming and a movie is not one of them
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Oh, Blizzard should just give it to Pixar or something.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I would be happy if it looked like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGpz-Wdl2B8&feature=related
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Lost a director, back to development hell with you!
Reply Quote
13 Tauren Warrior
03/15/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Nethaera
It's still on the radar. We just don't have any current updates to provide.

No new updates like Sam Raimi not being attached to the movie anymore? From what he said, he hasn't been for quite a while.

Actually, they don’t have me directing ‘World of Warcraft’ anymore because when I took the ‘Oz’ job, they had to move on to another director. They had to start making it.

He took the Oz job in late 2010(went public, at least)

So now we know nothing about the movie. I like how a director parting ways was not important enough for Blizzard to call it a "current update."

http://screenrant.com/sam-raimi-not-directing-world-of-warcraft-robf-189073/
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
07/19/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Orcalyps
How does one fit this game and all of its lore into a 2 hour timeslot? Someone answer that and I'll condone this.

It's supposed to be an Alliance oriented story (easier to work with actual humans) and between events of WC3 and WoW. That's all we really know about it.

It will likely be some created story around Varian. They don't need to incorporate all of the lore. Just great scenery and a compelling story. It's unlikely they would go lore heavy to begin with seeing as it has to have some sort of mainstream appeal and not just catering to WoW players who would know every detail of the existing lore.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
True, they lost a director. BUT, this article i read on the topic stated that they're striving to find another director to fill his place. Meaning they may, I repeat, MAY Be trying to make progress on this.

Who knows, maybe Raimi or whatshisname was the reason it was being constantly pushed back.
Reply Quote
63 Worgen Death Knight
Gotta cast Lindsay Lohan and JCVD. And get the director from that street fighter movie! Guaranteed to hit the bargain bin in two weeks....
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Why do you think Gladiator won best picture? Not because it was the best movie released that year. It was bought and paid for.

I know this is from 5 months ago, but WHAT??? Gladiator had good action, great story, great acting, great music, great visual effects.

And considering the completion (Traffic, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Erin Erin Brockovich, and Chocolat) I'd say Gladiator was definitely Oscar worthy.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Heres a good wow movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ_YEuL2nOc&feature=related
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Good move, Blizzard. Sam Raimi was constantly putting other projects in front of this one - just kept putting the movie off as if it wasn't important. Perhaps now, we may actually see this movie become a reality! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuhJfXOM-4o
Edited by Pride on 8/12/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Steven Spielberg should be the one to make this movie, Hes the person that into this kind of fantasy!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]