It's time we got a Legendary Tank Shield.....

85 Tauren Warrior
Over the years the Legendary items seem to have gone full circle and covered mostly all the classes. I think with MOP coming up they should implement a Legendary Shield as there has yet to be one :-) I know DK's and Bear tanks can't use shields but, well.......idk about you :P You've had your Staves and 2Handers.

What i was thinking was have a >1% drop rate of say a 'Skull Fragment' off a raid boss. That then begins a massively awesome and most importantly HARD quest line of world bosses and other Legendary stuff, collecting items along the way to craft your Shield. Now that would be Legen........wait for it........DARY!

Also the shield's graphic should be seriously bad !@# with moving parts ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=Legendary&f=post&forum=1033926
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Blizzard has said they won't give a legendary that isn't too broad as to be only usable by 1 or 2 classes

as well as they don't want broad legendaries that were usable by say, all casters.

Also, they will never give healers a legendary, because it would become mandatory for every healer to have one.
Edited by Asane on 3/15/2012 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Blizzard has said they won't give a legendary that isn't too broad as to be only usable by 1 or 2 classes

as well as they don't want broad legendaries that were usable by say, all casters.

Also, they will never give healers a legendary, because it would become mandatory for every healer to have one.

Ulduar, anyone? But maybe you mean never again.

Blizz has more recently said that Legendaries will be harder to get, and usable by fewer. The Firelands legendary got to be a problem because there are two kinds of ranged: those with access to a legendary, and hunters.

Until the next legendary is announced, I will continue to speculate that the next legendary will be an agility staff or polearm for Monks/Druids.

But look at it like this: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5010

1) Caster Staff - Vanilla
2) 1h DPS Sword - Vanilla
3) 2h DPS Mace - Vanilla
4) 2x 1h DPS Sword - BC
5) Bow - BC
6) Healing Mace - Wrath
7) 2h DPS Axe - Wrath
8) Caster Staff - Cata
9) Rogue Dagger set

Hunter weapon and healing weapon have each shown up once. Everyone else has had at least two, maybe three "turns". It is either time for hunters to get another one, or a healing item, or something new.

As for new, there's never been something that agility druids could use. There's never been a shield of any kind.

I'd think a shield would be a good option. Let Holy Paladins and the resto/ele shamans use it too - which version (tank or caster) you get depends on which way you go with the quests.

I've gotten the impression from somewhere that Blizz feels like a weapon is a better Legendary than a shield, but I for one care more about my shield than my weapon.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Warrior
If they do make a tanking legendary, odds are good it'll be one a Monk can use. So a monk/druid staff or such may be likely.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin

I see what you did there.
Reply Quote

I see what you did there.
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Hunter
03/15/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Mechasolidus
there are two kinds of ranged: those with access to a legendary, and hunters.

not going to lie, this made me giggle.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Shield? Nah. Let's give tanks an AWESOME fancy special tank-only cloak model with extra-purdy soft-body physics (for those that don't know what that means, watch the cloak: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/27/gotham-by-gaslight-video-shows-canceled-elseworlds-batman-game/ ).

Like the one that the Arthas model has equipped, but even cooler.
Edited by Feandel on 3/15/2012 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Pandaren Warrior
They dont want to make a legendary for such a small role

Oh wait.
Reply Quote
81 Gnome Death Knight
If they go the route of the latest legendary for rogues only it should be a sparkly paladin shield that glows pink and shoots rainbows.

Edit: And I'm totally not biased. It's not like I have two 85 protection paladins or anything. Oh wait ...

They dont want to make a legendary for such a small role

Oh wait.

That's the second legendary in Mists which will be the first race specific one and the first ride-able one. It will be for female gnomes only. It will be a mule.
Edited by Kahzregi on 3/15/2012 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
WHERE'S MY ORANGE SHIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wished they would make a legendary shield, but I do kinda doubt they ever will =/.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Something about a legendary tank shield still bugs me. But, if they stick to the route they went with rogues. Namely the very specific questing in between the grinding (the stealth and assassination quests). They could probably make some epic questing to test a tanks ability to survive or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
MoP needs an orange shield drop called "Legendary Shield".
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Warrior
I would truly laugh if they made a legendary shield...for elemental & resto shaman and holy paladins...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Already is one.

Bulwark of Azzinoth.

Proof: look how many people are wearing it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Thunderfury was usually given to tanks because it's proc generated a large amount of threat, Mecha.

Not sure if Skillmourne was BiS for Blood DKs, but I imagine it was.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
new class is monk so we'll have a lengedary polearm that can be used for tanking and dps :D

AND it will alter our bearform!
Edited by Drayen on 3/15/2012 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
03/15/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Judgesyou
MoP needs an orange shield drop called "Legendary Shield".

It really does.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If there is going to be a legendary tank item, it's most likely going to be a weapon. I'm not talking about some silly thing like Thunderfury which is a DPS weapon. I'm talking about an actual TANK weapon.

The problem is, with stats as they are, that it's difficult to create a purely tank weapon that DPS won't want as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]