March 12th, 2012 - Daylight Savings whyyyy

85 Night Elf Rogue
Body still is confused about what time it is. But I guess this is a nice warm up for the utter confusion I'm about to drop on my body that flying to the other side of the world inherently contains.

ALSO, SILVER
THIS IS FOR YOU

http://tinyurl.com/6qlbw8a

Not being able to run things above 25fps and being unable to start up WoW makes me a bored person.
Edited by Sinlinara on 3/12/2012 3:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/12/2012 03:22 AMPosted by Sinlinara
Not being able to run things above 25fps and being unable to start up WoW makes me a bored person.
Before I got the pc I have now, I was able to reach a max of 15fps while standing still and looking straight down in some random unpopulated area. That was with all settings down. Moving was like 7-10fps. :/
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
03/12/2012 04:39 AMPosted by Prodon
Before I got the pc I have now, I was able to reach a max of 15fps while standing still and looking straight down in some random unpopulated area. That was with all settings down. Moving was like 7-10fps. :/

What pushed me to buy my laptop late last year was that I was running around 2-3 fps even in places like Redridge where NOTHING happens. It's painful when you can see each distinct frame.

03/12/2012 03:22 AMPosted by Sinlinara
But I guess this is a nice warm up for the utter confusion I'm about to drop on my body that flying to the other side of the world inherently contains.

Someone at work had said it takes about a day for each hour we'll have to adjust. Sooo ... the other side of the world could have you like this for over a week.

Daughter turned 20 on Saturday, so I no longer have any teens. WOOHOO! She cracks me up though. One day some weeks ago she was talking about a high-schooler doing something on the bus. Her words? "This kid ..." KID?! Then Saturday we were talking about the cousin closest to her in age - three years younger. She got this look on her face as she did the math. "She's almost 17?! God, that makes me feel OLD!"

Me, on the other hand, feels giddy about the fact I had them young (from 20 to 22) and am free with adult children at only 42 (going on 43). The only thing that made me feel "old" recently was someone mentioning how they were only 13 years from being able to order off the senior menu at McDonald's. I looked. That's at 55. O_O Suddenly that didn't feel so far away.

I made it onto WoW at an odd time Sunday - mid-afternoon. Did ye olde dailies, then was amused by Stas driving his motorcycle in circles of a sort in Tol Barad, and so out of it that he didn't notice until I started tailing him. =P

Finished off the Leyara chain. I like that they did finish off that story arc instead of leaving us with "he knows her but we don't have a clue and he's not talking."

I should do SOMETHING on my scrambled to 80 prot paladin (from the SoR). Sadly, it will probably be questing through two levels until he has enough gear for the 80 dungeons, but has hit 82 and is undergeared for the 82 dungeons. Or maybe there was BS gear. I don't remember, but I'm sure Lody does.

He's such an unexpected boost that I don't know what to do with him yet. I'd like him to be tauren - since my other highest Sunwalker to date is mid-20s I believe. But I can't get him onto my main account on Sentinels unless I move someone else off. Not like I'm rigidly bound to Sentinels - I do have 85s on other realms. And then I realize he has no professions. I wonder if he could possibly hit 81 (82? higher?) just off of mining and herbing. Hmmmmmm. Tauren would be better for that, so maybe after faction change.

Oy, brain fizzle. Too much thinks.

Good afternoon Sentinels!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
ALSO, SILVER
THIS IS FOR YOU

I'm pretty sure that is not me.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
The only thing that made me feel "old" recently was someone mentioning how they were only 13 years from being able to order off the senior menu at McDonald's. I looked. That's at 55. O_O Suddenly that didn't feel so far away.

That's forever away. Something that isn't that far away? Being three months from turning 18.

I DON'T WANT TO BE AN ADULT AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/13/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Sinlinara
The only thing that made me feel "old" recently was someone mentioning how they were only 13 years from being able to order off the senior menu at McDonald's. I looked. That's at 55. O_O Suddenly that didn't feel so far away.

That's forever away. Something that isn't that far away? Being three months from turning 18.

So young.....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
03/13/2012 02:50 AMPosted by Prodon

So young.....

yay im older than sinlinara
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
ALSO, SILVER
THIS IS FOR YOU

I'm pretty sure that is not me.

how about this one

http://tinyurl.com/88gvm5o
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]