World PvP comes to BT

100 Pandaren Priest
March 31st, 9pm server, Thandol span, Horde get north side of bridge so we are upwind of you Alliance cur's. Let the slaughter of Alliance commence.

Nothing more than all out warfare. No flying behind enemy lines, strictly take and hold the bridge.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
this'll work out about as well as the FTH.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
"Steals Marathal's hat and pees on it. Said hat goes back on head with a squish". =D
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
This'll probably go as well as our other attemps.

BTW, my priest is so much better looking then your's!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
I started playing when cata came out. I gotta say I feel i missed out on a lot while I was leveling through outland on a few toons, all those world PVP objectives. Abandoned. aside from a few skirmishes on my 58-65 rogue n hunters. I never got expirence it. At least wintergrasp autoflags you. So why couldn't Tol Barad?

:(

I know this is a PVE server n all. But heres hoping theres at least a couple world PVP objectives in the next xpac. I absolutly love fightin you guys that still show up for TB.

/salute

<------Formerly Ishootyoo.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I agree with Nukit that there are so many wasted opportunities in world PvP wasted. This is one of the reason why I canceled and Friday will be my last day [hopefully] on WoW.

I would like to see more world PvP engagements. I thought it was a riot after TB was done that the groups would meet at their guard posts after a battle, right near the bridge, and have at it, sometimes for hours. It's been awhile since I've seen any action at all.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
When I started playing, battles in South Shore were a normal occurrence. I can remember being a lowly level 50 flying out to Astranaar because world defense was going off and getting one shotted. I use to say that some day I would be a level 80 and it would be pay back time. Unfortunately many of those players are gone now. We all sit in our capital cities and wait for raid times or dungeon que's

Yeah I know my one attempt at doing something big was a huge fail, I was naive to think that at least 10 people from the 18 guilds that all wanted to participate would actually be online, and for some, not playing their Alliance toons. Some actually logged in a few hours later and asked if they were too late. It was my mistake, I tried to plan it too much.

Should have just announced in trade that I was leading a march into SW to take the city. Live and learn.

So I am trying something different. Thandol span is near where all the action will start for the next expansion. I'm not trying to be sneaky and set up some huge invasion. Just throwing it out there. Anyone interested in trying to relive the old times of the huge PvP server battles, guild rivalries is welcome to come.

If in the end it is just me, then I will do my best to take out as many as I can before I get cut down. But I am trying to do something to get more people active on the server. If we keep sitting and just waiting for things to come up or happen we are going to keep losing more and more players, both old and new to the high population servers.

And Khanz, Imma set up a targeting macro for all of your toons that I know. Marathal is not as squishy as the last time I pwned Dead in TB.
Edited by Marathal on 3/14/2012 7:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I'd come, but I don't have pvp gear for lufia, or sam, and dollgirl's set isn't complete, since I got kicked out of 20 bgs because apparently, a dual-weilding dk is a "scrub !@# blood noob".

PvP this expac has sucked $%^.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
When I first dinged 85 i remember Hordies used to camp our gy at TB. I miss that. Sure i was getting owned in my unenchanted AH blues. Not havin a clue what I was doing. But it was fun. Then by the time I learned a lil bout pvp. and got the next seasons set... Nobody around... I found myself out in front of hellscreams reach taunting passer by.. which to my dismay usually ended up with me dieing by the hands of the guards even if i was pretty far back.

Then started camping outside org tryin to duel you guys. Some gave me a fair fight. some would spit n hate on me. some would flag themselves which would flag me n Id end up getting clobbered by a mob of spitting tea bagging horde farting on my head... Either that or end up with a group of lowbie ganking alli.... fun?

Then there was the group that would turtle outside goldshire every now n then. That was fun..

Am I the only one that had a blast during the thrall quests?

I really like the in server pvp. You get to know your "enemies", form rivalries etc... Got no hate for the hordies. For me its about fun. Its just a shame you guys seem to be dying out. Now I just hope to catch my favorite rogues n hunters on the bridge on the way outta TB. I would go to a PvP server but I'm just too attached. Got too many friends n family on here.

I work a job where Im away from home for weeks at a time. I'll be back in 2 weeks tryin to catch my gear up. :P

Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
I appreciate what you're trying to do here Mara. and I'm all about it. but I'm just 1 "no name" casual player with a crazy work schedule. If something like this goes down while I'm home I'll do what I can to muster up the few PvPers from my guilds n show up. Which aint gonna be much.

Cmon Alli. REPRESENT!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'll be there if i remember, i have a terrible memory though so no promises
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Thanx Nukit.

Back in the day.........

When something like this happened it didn't matter your skill or gear or what level you were. There may only be a few people left on here that can remember huge battles involving over a hundred people. The lag was insane, it made the Dalaran crawl look like epic flying at times.

Schierke. About the only time I would consider going against Samcarter or one of your other toons is if they had no gear. Gnomes are scary. I mean like clown scary. Adam Sandler in an Oscar Winning roll scary.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Priest gonna go squish again. and again. and again.......
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
I'm supposed to tell you Angie says Hi.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Good news! Got a new comp and should be back in business this weekend.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Back in the day...

We didn't have dogs, bloodelves, and fugly space goats.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Yeah yeah....And the only Real shadow priests were undead.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Fugly? Why I oughtta.... /cast hunter'smark.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
"Fugly" Says the rotting corpse wearing a mask to hide her maggot infested face...

"Yo... she b!tch.. Click Click.. LETS GO!"
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Well I've spread the word as much as I can from a smartphone. Some are skeptical. Some indifferent. Some are pretty stoked. We'll see what happens..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]