Server Mergers

85 Tauren Druid
Wouldn't it be awesome if Gul'dan (low pop horde - no pop alliance) was merged with another server that had (low pop horde - med pop alliance), so that there might actually be some world pvp and a better ecomony.

Post here if you agree! Maybe Blizzard will notice...(not holding my breath)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What a novel concept; I'm surprised nobody has thought of this before.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Yea some of the high pop servers should either get free xfers here or another crap server should get merged
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
03/14/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Terrific
What a novel concept; I'm surprised nobody has thought of this before.

I know this has been brought up before, but I'm trying to keep this topic active on the forum.
Edited by Warkin on 3/17/2012 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Linked to new thread in general forum.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4217172158#20
Edited by Warkin on 3/17/2012 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Please post constructively.
Edited by Warkin on 3/25/2012 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I just decided to come back to the game after being sent a scroll recently and made this char an 80 on Gul'Dan, it's sad to see this server in it's current state. I played here back in Vanilla for awhile and the server was very much alive back then. The good ole days, Malìce, Expletus & Super mega ultra awesome, etc. Blizzard won't ever do mergers, it will cause too much QQ when conflicts arise with guild and character names.
Edited by Nurfornothin on 3/20/2012 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I agree Warkin,

the low population may be great to some peeps, but when it comes to recruiting and pugging with others on the realm it's a little difficult.

Most of my guildies have been recruited from out of realm. (Which I've been trying to encourage many guild leaders to do and to start recruiting from out of realm. There's a lot of people looking and have around the same kind of experience we do and wouldn't mind joining if they agree with your guild/leadership/rules etc.) Before recruiting out of realm think of a few points you can use to 'sell' your guild. What makes you special? Why should they join you? etc.

Nurf, you are right. People wont be happy with name changes.. I know for a fact that if another Pnutbutter (which is sadly a very popular name) was to merge with Gul'dan and I had to switch names I would be very upset. Blizz just threw away 600 employees. I think merging low populated realms are lowest on their concerns. What would be great is if they gave free transfers to this realm, or even tried to push our realm to newer players (new players may be newbs at first but may have the capability to be great players if 'taught' right).

Keep it going War! I definitely agree with you. If more people take an interest in this post and reply agreeing with us, than Blizzard will see that there's an actual need and the players on this realm is wanting more players to 'play with?'.

Maybe change the title from server mergers to Populate Gul'dan Pl0x? or something along that line. I really don't think they will merge us with another low pop server (even though it potentially would be good for our economy and our recruiting needs :P)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The only feasible solution to this problem is a free character migration from higher-population realms. There was one at the beginning of Cataclysm, and I'm sure there will be another at the beginning of Pandaria. Especially with the ability to transfer entire guilds while retaining the rank structure, guild bank and perks, I'm sure we'll see an influx of new guilds. After that, it's up to us to not drive them away like we normally do.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Using the last guild as an example, "Pants Optional", which reformed as "Malice", and then server transferred to become "Team Malice" on US-Zuljin (http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/zul-jin), likely never intended to stay on Gul'dan. They arrived with serious attitude and blew up trade chat and the forums with "bow down", bleh, bleh, bleh. They were met with a bit of hostility and some general worship by our resident sicophants. In the end, they left because the server population did not support a player base with enough talent to bolster their ranks into multiple raid-capable players for every class. I believe they got a couple server firsts and bounced.

So what can the players do on Gul'dan to increase population? Get your friends to transfer, get new friends to start playing, and post in this forum expressing your interest to Blizzard that you want free transfers to Gul'dan. Post your desire to actually have a server merger.

Pnutbutter is definatly on track doing some cross-realm recruiting. Hopefully, the more success the current guilds have with progression, the easier it will be to encourage more realm-transfers and new players to make Gul'dan their home.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They will not merge servers for the previously mentioned name reasons. Blizz's solutions in the past have been either

a) free server xfers which Gul'dan has bee subject to, though most people xfer off again do to the population problem.

B) convert the dead pvp server into a pve server since 90% of pve servers are medium pop and then off free xfers off the server to those who want to remain on a pvp server. Oh and Blizz only gives you two or three pvp servers that you can xfer to.

c) Put the server as recommended for new players, which has also happened to Gul'dan. This resulted in level 1 to 20 zones being fairly populated for a few weeks then the activity dropped back down to normal

Basically if you want a higher pop server, xfer to one. Gul'dan's population isn't the worst out there so the only time we will probably see attention is when Illidan is to full at the launch of MoP and we get free xfers from there to here like the start of Cata.

On a side note: http://wow.realmpop.com/us-guldan.html has some interesting info, though obviously not 100% accurate.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Most of the people that raided with PO / Malice on Gul'dan were recruited from different realms, so Warkin, your point is invalid.
In fact, I only ever raided with one other "native" of Gul'dan, and he got gkicked shortly after.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]