March 19, 2012 - Panda info galore

90 Night Elf Druid
The NDA on the press tour has been lifted and you can read up on some new Mists info!

For example:

Glyph of the Stag: Transforms your Travel Form into a stag that other players can mount. Yes, that's right. Your pals can ride you while you're in Travel Form, and you're also a stag instead of the clearly-inferior cheetah.

>.>
<.<

I didn't say anything!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'll ride you. ~.^
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
03/19/2012 12:37 AMPosted by Prodon
I'll ride you. ~.^

I believe that seat is reserved.
Reply Quote
No new race models yet

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Garrosh Out in 5.3

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) ┬─┬

BRB Farming Scholomance
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Garrosh is going out the door!

...why do I feel no joy?

Also, rolling Pandaren female. Because I bloody can.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Hey Xavot, think we could share Silversol if we squeezed together?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
03/19/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Sinlinara
Hey Xavot, think we could share Silversol if we squeezed together?

How about you just sit in my lap?
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Whew, what a busy weekend. A friend had mentioned SW:ToR had a free trial this weekend. Didn't get to even touch that. I didn't touch WoW once either. I'm only now reading snippets on MoP. Brain tired.

What did I do? Well, Saturday was eaten alive mostly by my daughter. I did make it to the gym while she sang at some special church mass, but then she took me to lunch for my birthday at a place she really likes, then I took her to see The Lorax (leftover from her birthday last week), then we did a little shopping and mall-wandering (bought myself a couple new shirts from Old Navy since most of my clothes are kinda baggy now), then we went to a concert that two of her choir friends were in (really impressive songs they did).

Sunday was trying to catch up on chores. Gym, groceries, some plant shopping, laundry, cooking, cleaning the bathroom. And today feels like I've been staring at the monitor and testing all day ... because I have.How much does someone want to bet that in the three days I haven't logged into WoW, the Darnassus fishing daily was the one I needed, Pebble showed up every day, and ... oh, I don't know, several long-time WOW friends came back?

Enough from me. Brain too tired for much more.

Good afternoon Sentinels!
Reply Quote
My Question is, Whose gonna replace Garrosh? I will be more than happy to assume the mantle or Warchief. Free cookies and Pies to all, oh yea, an free daily slaughters of Varian!Posted on wrong toon/shrug

Still stands
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
We've been saying it for years, maybe it will become true...

Gamon for Warchief!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Thralls coming back as Warchief.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
So why does everyone hate Garrosh?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
His terrible "Extreme Makeover: Orgrimmar Edition" took away my favorite spot on the top of the bank for crafting, and made it a !@#$ing throne room. -.-
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
My main complaint about Garrosh is mainly the latter part of the Twilight Highlands. Other than that I think he's a great character that is a fitting leader for a race of green-skinned people that ride wolves and that have a place in fantasy as being Chaotic Evil Barbarians.

When Cata first came out I was vehemently against it but I'm rather happy with him as a character. Thrall was a great warchief but he's gotten a little overused imo. I kind of wish that he had died fighting Deathwing. It would have been a great way to retire him as a character and might have made the fight a little more compelling.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/20/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Raintola
So why does everyone hate Garrosh?

Because it should be Saurfang and Garrosh should be in ICC?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm less for Thrall dying and more for him and Aggra making little orc muchkins to take over much, much later. I'm leaning towards Garrosh dying in a terrible fire, be it Horde or Alliance. Either way, give me back my bank roof. I don't care who's warchief as long as I get my bank roof back.

(I will admit if not extremely notable, I'm SO not a lore person. I just want Org the way it was so I can sell stuff and not spend 20 minutes explaining where I am in the city, even with party positions on map.)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
My main complaint about Garrosh is mainly the latter part of the Twilight Highlands. Other than that I think he's a great character that is a fitting leader for a race of green-skinned people that ride wolves and that have a place in fantasy as being Chaotic Evil Barbarians.

When Cata first came out I was vehemently against it but I'm rather happy with him as a character. Thrall was a great warchief but he's gotten a little overused imo. I kind of wish that he had died fighting Deathwing. It would have been a great way to retire him as a character and might have made the fight a little more compelling.

But Garrosh didn't do anything in TH except ally with the Dragonmaw and !@#$ up the TH folks. I don't really see any difference between what he's done and what Thrall's done.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Garrosh carries himself like a warrior ready to cleave !@#$ing everything at every moment of the day (and night because NPCs never sleep unless they're peons). This is in stark contrast to Thrall who tries to avoid every conflict that he can. One of the best examples of this is in the trailer for Ulduar where Garrosh tries to assault Varian Wrynn even though Thrall and Jaina try to keep him under control. This had a significant destructive effect on any sort of bond that the Horde and Alliance had formed by fighting in Northrend together, which had already been weakened by the Wrathgate.

I can personally find reasons to dislike Garrosh as a person in that I see him as acting in the same manner that is often portrayed in the game by other players, the "I'm going to kill everything with a red name-tag" attitude. Or for relegating the Trolls to a specific part of Orgrimmar and sending the rest to Sen'jin, as well as removing most everyone who wasn't Orc or Tauren because he thought only they had the strength to defend Orgrimmar. Or that when Cairne challenged him to a duel for Warchief that he insisted on making it a duel to the death. Or that he's managed to piss off every Horde Leader except for Gallywix and Lor'themar who is pretty okay with anything unless something gets uppity in Quel'thalas.

All of these traits, though, are perfectly good reasons for me to like Garrosh as a character. He has his flaws and as a character he's pretty much solid. He takes a very different approach to leadership than Thrall, who I like more as a person but hate as a character.

(Also, I looked into the Twilight Highlands Horde-Side Quest Line since the first time I did it back when Cata began and I was deadset on hating everything about Garrosh. Completely ignore what I said about that in my previous post for I am a tard. In fact, that's a pretty good way to refute everything I post.)
Edited by Sinlinara on 3/21/2012 7:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
03/20/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Sinlinara
that have a place in fantasy as being Chaotic Evil Barbarians.

That's great, but this isn't Forgotten Realms and he isn't Obould Many-Arrows.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]