Which DPS class/spec most fun in MoP?

12 Gnome Warrior
This is just an opinion-sharing thread.

Based on what's going down for the various classes/specs in MoP, which will be the most fun for you?

Gotta factor in how you define fun, o' course.

Could be PvE or PvP or a certain play-style.

So? Eh, eh?
Reply Quote
12 Gnome Warrior
And just in case anyone is curious, the reason as to why I seek people's opinions on the topic is:

For the four years I've played WoW, I've only ever tanked and healed.

I wanna roll an alt soon and just have fun DPSing.

Not that tanking and healing aren't fun in their own ways, but.

Just kinda burnt out, I guess.

But I've really no idea about anything and am overwhelmed by the choices.

So opinions plx.
Reply Quote
12 Gnome Warrior
12 views, and none of them knew which DPS class/spec will be the most fun for them in MoP.

=/

Maybe I'll try a new thread, only make it the 'worst' DPS class/spec for MoP.

Then I can pick the worst one and have one of my 'must prove everyone wrong' escapades on an alt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A lot of people are excited for the warlock changes. Other than that it's hard to tell what's going to be fun when Beta isn't even out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
There isn't enough information out to make any type of informed guess.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
03/17/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Bubblenrun
A lot of people are excited for the warlock changes. Other than that it's hard to tell what's going to be fun when Beta isn't even out.

Yuuuup.

Warlock.
Reply Quote
I hope Ret gets more offhealing personally, Selfless healer looks a little cool. I was an old school ret player from Vanilla all to wrath and some early cata. The zerginess made me shy away from it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
How exactly can you expect an answer to this question? For one no one has played anything in mop yet. Also most fun is very subjective, so what I find fun you could hate.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
BM
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Destruction looks like a lot of fun.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
03/17/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Teriff
I hope Ret gets more offhealing personally, Selfless healer looks a little cool. I was an old school ret player from Vanilla all to wrath and some early cata. The zerginess made me shy away from it.

It does. All of the final tier talents have a healing potential component for allies and a damage component for enemies.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Warlocks? FUN? Sir i will have to ask you to leave and never come back, this is world of warcraft and Warlocks were never intended to be fun.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

It does. All of the final tier talents have a healing potential component for allies and a damage component for enemies.

Not to mention for Tier 3 we get to either have either a super charged FoL heal similar to SH but tied to mana instead of Holy Power, a retcuperate that can be used on allies, or a Wrath-like Sacred Shield tied in with the current Last Word.

Also, Ret seems like it will be a really fast paced spec in MoP. Especially with Sanctity of Battle lowering the CD and GCD of Crusader Strike, Judgement, Hammer of Wrath, and Shield of the Righteous. I could easily see paladins reforging to haste.
Edited by Leoniara on 3/18/2012 12:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The NDA on MoP information will be lifted in ~24 hours. We could have a tad more stuff to go by once that happens, but it still won't be enough to judge which spec will be the most "fun" (and the fact that fun is completely subjective).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
03/18/2012 12:29 AMPosted by Leoniara

Not to mention for Tier 3 we get to either have either a super charged FoL heal similar to SH but tied to mana instead of Holy Power, a retcuperate that can be used on allies, or a Wrath-like Sacred Shield tied in with the current Last Word.

Also, Ret seems like it will be a really fast paced spec in MoP. Especially with Sanctity of Battle lowering the CD and GCD of Crusader Strike, Judgement, Hammer of Wrath, and Shield of the Righteous. I could easily see paladins reforging to haste.

I dont get why people are so excited about the off healing capabilities for ret. I get it, its still a defensive hybrid regardless of what the development teams intentions were for Cataclysm. It lacks so much in terms of offense. Its still too much defense not enough offense.

Using resources that you build up only to play 1/2 healer 1/2 dps isnt really exciting game play. We're balanced around Selfless healer (which I hope dies in a fire). I still dont get why ret paladins have a crappy version of throw down.

Throwdown is superior to HOJ, its not dispellable, even if you trinket it, it still takes a little bit before you actually stand up and are able to move, and its in the Arms tree where warriors can pick it up for 1 talent pt at 45s CD.

Reply Quote
That's because HoJ came first. And because Rets can't have nice things.

Note that in MoP our mighty, upgraded, HoJ will still be magical, still won't have the knockdown effect, and will only have a slight CD advantage - i.e. Throwdown will still only be inferior in terms of range (and warriors don't tend to have major issues with closing, and will have less in MoP).

Frankly, I think warriors are going to be fun in MoP because they'll have tons of movement going on. Zipping round battlefields is always fun.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Paladin
Note that in MoP our mighty, upgraded, HoJ will still be magical, still won't have the knockdown effect, and will only have a slight CD advantage - i.e. Throwdown will still only be inferior in terms of range (and warriors don't tend to have major issues with closing, and will have less in MoP).

Frankly, I think warriors are going to be fun in MoP because they'll have tons of movement going on. Zipping round battlefields is always fun.

you mean zipping around the graveyard after getting globaled bya caster right
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock

you mean zipping around the graveyard after getting 3-4 global'd bya mage right

Fixed.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Hunters are going to be more common in Mist because of there new ability I can see that being a big thing that draws more people to play Hunters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]