Top 5 Animes

90 Human Mage
Evangelion, especially for the Rebuild movies (currently waiting for a used copy of End to arrive from Amazon). Hell, infamous ending aside, it still made for an entertaining watch that left quite a long-lasting impression. Especially the horror aspects in the latter half of the series, like the cannibalism, Hallelujah chorus scene, and the 13th Angel.

Soul Eater: I enjoyed it, and think it's one of the few series which managed to coherently handle going off the source manga halfway through.

Gurren Lagann: I absolutely loved it the first couple of times through, especially the climactic battles. A beat weak on story in some places, but the soundtrack more than makes up for it.

FLCL: Speaking of soundtracks... Truly, this made for a good, light-hearted (except the very end) coming of age story with an unforgettable soundtrack. Ride on shooting star...

Rurouni Kenshin: There's a reason this series managed to cross cultural barriers so well. Just the right mix of drama, comedy, romance, and badass battles.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Even though I am an action junkie, the 5 most amazing ones I've watched are:

1. Clannad (And Clannad Afterstory)
2. Angel Beats!
3. Toradora
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Welcome to the NHK

I want to list more, but since it's only five, here you go.

Edit: These forums really bug me sometimes. (Spacing issues for whatever reason.)
Edited by Mÿxxï on 3/21/2012 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Haibane Renmei
Mushishi
Kino's Journey
Eve no Jikan
Now and Then, Here and There

Kinda kills me to list only five though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
1. Record of Lodoss War. The original OVA's, not this 'Chronicles of the Heroic Knight' garbage.

You do realize Chronicles was the actual story from the manga after Ghim's death? The OVA was made before the manga was even finished.

Nevertheless, I prefer the OVA myself. Never could entirely get used to the appearence of "surfer" Pirotess.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
1. Record of Lodoss War. The original OVA's, not this 'Chronicles of the Heroic Knight' garbage.

You do realize Chronicles was the actual story from the manga after Ghim's death? The OVA was made before the manga was even finished.

Nevertheless, I prefer the OVA myself. Never could entirely get used to the appearence of "surfer" Pirotess.

I'm aware of that, yes. That 'officially' the parts after Ghim's death in the original OVA's is supposed to pick up after that into Chronicles.

However, I just prefer the original OVA. It continues the tale of the characters I've grown fond of, instead of just 'Oh, BTW, here's some new, different protagonists, the guys you liked are now secondary characters'.

So while Chronicles may be the 'official' part after Ghim's death, the full OVA just feels like better storytelling to me.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Clannad, Angel Beats, Chobits, xxxholic, and Fullmetal Alchemist.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
1.Fairy Tail. (All of my adoration. ALL OF IT.)
2. Black Butler.
3. Higurashi.
4. Soul Eater (I prefer the manga, but ... eh)
5. Fate/Stay Night.

Lucky Star an Ouran Highschool Hostclub also are up there if I want just hilarity.
Edited by Arctius on 3/22/2012 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm aware of that, yes. That 'officially' the parts after Ghim's death in the original OVA's is supposed to pick up after that into Chronicles.

However, I just prefer the original OVA. It continues the tale of the characters I've grown fond of, instead of just 'Oh, BTW, here's some new, different protagonists, the guys you liked are now secondary characters'.

So while Chronicles may be the 'official' part after Ghim's death, the full OVA just feels like better storytelling to me.

Also there are points in the TV series where the animation goes to complete pot. The OVA feels like a more complete story where the CotHK feels like its meandering around. Sometimes shorter is better afterall.

That said the TV series had one of the best anime opening sequence ever =P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Limited to five? Hnggg.

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Elfen Lied
Witch Hunter Robin
The latter half of Bleach, minus all the filler episodes.
Cowboy Bebop

Honorable Mentions .x. Code Geass, Fate/Stay Night, Vampire Knight [Both seasons], FLCL, and DBZ. ;x
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Pokemon
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Also there are points in the TV series where the animation goes to complete pot. The OVA feels like a more complete story where the CotHK feels like its meandering around. Sometimes shorter is better afterall.

That said the TV series had one of the best anime opening sequence ever =P

Yeah, the animation in Chronicles was pretty...variable. Better than the Crystania movies, though! Brrr...

The manga goes a LOT further afield than Chronicles did. I liked some of the new characters well enough (and the story hung together better with Shiris and Orson). The original story as presented in the manga was heavily edited for both the OVA and Chronicles.

If that were not enough, there's both prequel and sequel mangas. It's a large body of work! All in all, though, it's still one of my favorite animes.

Oh, and the soundtrack from Chronicles...brilliant.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Rogue
I'm not sure my top 5, but I truly loved Yu-yu Hakusho. <3
Reply Quote
1. One Piece
2. Rurouni Kenshin
3. Hellsing
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Elfen Lied
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Bleach
Akira
Soul Eater
FMA
Afro Samurai?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
LNC
FMA:B
Deathnote
Samurai Champloo
Durarara!!!
Inuyasha (guilty pleasure)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
GaoGaiGar final (king of mecha anime!)
New getter robo (got me back into anime after a long period of not being into it)
DBZ (I probably wouldnt like it now but that was my childhood, hands down)
Shin getter robo (METAL AS !@#$)
G gundam (THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER!)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Fairy Tail
Freezing
Guilty Grown
Inu x Boku SS
Angel Beats!

and so on and so on XD been watching anime bore almost 14 years now, My 1st tattoo is going to be a sexy anime zombie XD
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Hellsing Ultimate
Welcome to the NHK
Akagi
One outs
Great teacher Onizuka
Reply Quote
1. Elfen Lied <3
2. Tengen toppen gurren Lagann also, <3
3. Deathnote
4. Yu Yu Hakasho
5. Stein's Gate
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]