Top 5 Animes

90 Undead Warlock
04/22/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Voranus
I'm curious as to what anime your watching. You can't consider 2-3 shows to make up all of Anime.

oh come now, you know all he's seen Pokemon episodes and some clips of Dragon Ball Z off YuTube. Why even ask the question, just Thumbs down him and ignore his trolling.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
1. Full Metal Alchemist
2. Naruto Shippuden
3. Death Note
4. One Piece
5. Elfen Lied
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
1.Gundam 0079
2.Evangelion
3.Escaflowne
4. Elffin Laid
5. Cowboy Beebop/ Samuria Champpo
I hope that's a troll
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue
1. Shakugan no Shana
2. Code Geass
3. Ranma 1/2
4. Love Hina
5. Vandread
Reply Quote
Shuffle!
Nana
Noir
Angel Beats!
Canaan

Not necessarily in that order.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
1. NARUTO
2. NARUTO SHIPPUDEN
3. NARUTO THE MOVIE: NINJA CLASH IN THE LAND OF SNOW
4. NARUTO THE MOVIE: GUARDIANS OF THE CRESANT MOON
5. NARUTO ABRIDGED
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
In no particular order
One Piece
Darker than Black
Fullmoon Wo Saga!@#$e
Record of Lodoss War OVA
FMA: Brotherhood
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
1. Naruto
2. Bleach
3. Clannad/The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
4. Wolf's Rain
5. oh god is this tough...Heaven's Lost Property. I just finished the first season, and have to say it is TOTALLY less moe and perverted than I thought. It still has those, but it at least has a story and character building within it at the moment

edit: if I had to put any "guilty pleasure" anime it would be Durarara
Edited by Koregazz on 4/26/2012 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
1.Spice and Wolf 1+2
2.Code Geass Both seasons
3.Claymore
4.Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
5. X-men (Japanese anime one)
Edited by Rawrstorm on 4/29/2012 12:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1. One Piece (IT MADE ME CRY OVER A BOAT!)
2. Azumanga Daioh
3. School Rumble
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Digimon Tamers...Don't laugh that !@#$ got dark...like lovecraftian dark.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
In no particular order.

1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
3. Detective Conan.
4. Death Note.
5. Inuyasha.

Anime is pretty awful. All emotions are exaggerated to the point you can't even relate. The style and fashion is just ridiculously over the top.

I'm curious as to what anime your watching. You can't consider 2-3 shows to make up all of Anime.

Claymore
Yu-Yu Hakasho
Ruroni Kenshin
Naruto
Elfen lied
Princess Mononoke
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Shuffle

I forced myself to watch all of claymore and shuffle, i would say claymore is the only anime I consider not absolutely awful.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Paladin
1. Naruto
2. BoBo Bo
3. Durarura
4. FMA
5. FLCL
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Shuffle!
Nana
Noir
Angel Beats!
Canaan

Not necessarily in that order.

The ending of Nana was so bad. The whole scene at the end with the door after they build it up and he doesnt do anything.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
In no particular order.

3. Detective Conan.
4. Death Note.
5. Inuyasha.

Claymore
Yu-Yu Hakasho
Ruroni Kenshin
Naruto
Elfen lied
Princess Mononoke
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Shuffle

I forced myself to watch all of claymore and shuffle, i would say claymore is the only anime I consider not absolutely awful.

In no particular order.

3. Detective Conan.
4. Death Note.
5. Inuyasha.

Claymore
Yu-Yu Hakasho
Ruroni Kenshin
Naruto
Elfen lied
Princess Mononoke
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Shuffle

Ok so you have seen 9 shows and you claim to be this all powerful authority on the medium of japanese animation. I agree from you list you have just decided to watch shows that aren't the best. Naruto is prolly the worst of the big 3 and Elfen lied is just down right awful. When you say that claymore is better than a Miyazaki movie and akira I hope you are trolling. My tastes > than your tastes.
Edited by Archilol on 4/30/2012 5:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage

Claymore
Yu-Yu Hakasho
Ruroni Kenshin
Naruto
Elfen lied
Princess Mononoke
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Shuffle

Claymore
Yu-Yu Hakasho
Ruroni Kenshin
Naruto
Elfen lied
Princess Mononoke
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Shuffle

Ok so you have seen 9 shows and you claim to be this all powerful authority on the medium of japanese animation. I agree from you list you have just decided to watch shows that aren't the best. Naruto is prolly the worst of the big 3 and Elfen lied is just down right awful. When you say that claymore is better than a Miyazaki movie and akira I hope you are trolling. My tastes > than your tastes.

1. You're an idiot that likes to strawman people, I never claimed to be an authority.

2. Elfen lied is one of the most loved anime by people who enjoy anime regularly....

3. Your taste is awful because you like anime.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman

1. You're an idiot that likes to strawman people, I never claimed to be an authority.

2. Elfen lied is one of the most loved anime by people who enjoy anime regularly....

3. Your taste is awful because you like anime.

Responding with Ad hominem ok.

As to #2 that's not correct at all show me the figures you have or are we just taking the fox news approach to this and just making bold statements with no evidence. People who enjoy anime and people who watch it on a regular basis such as myself and others on /a/ a forum only about anime for people who watch it have a general consensus that it an awful show for pseudo goths who shop at hot topic and only enjoy it for the over the top gore because this is the first show they have seen anything like it not because of the show itself watch Higurashi its far far better with just as much over the top gore.

#3 are you even trying. I really hope you are a troll.

I have better tastes than you because I have a far wider base of things that i have watched and things to compare it to since ive seen around 200 or so series. I liken it to someone who has only seen the american pie movies claiming his opinion to have the same weight on a movie as Roger Ebert.

Also what was the thought process when you decided to come into a thread called top 5 anime when you have little to no knowledge on the subject matter. Break down the thought process for me.
Edited by Archilol on 4/30/2012 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Nothing wrong with Elfen Lied, if it's not your thing look elsewhere. I was actually more impressed by the anime for it than the manga because of how well they layered things in (the song and art for the opening credits, for example, weren't just picked because they were cool; they actually meant something).

@Misbelïef, if you're truly interested in looking into this there are a couple shows that have a more gritty/realism style that are easier to appreciate if you're not generally used to watching anime. Four that come to my mind are: Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Death Note, Ghost in the Shell, and Shigurui.

Edit: And Afro Samurai / Afro Samurai: Resurrection, of course. That's a given, definitely give them a go.
Edited by Verelyse on 5/1/2012 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
1. Code Geass
2. Durarara
3. Death Note
4.Blood+
5. Dragonball z, simply because its what really got me into anime to begin with.

Seen a lot of the movies listed here but when they ended I just thought they were good, the first 4 on my list, I did not want to end, I wanted more.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Nothing wrong with Elfen Lied, if it's not your thing look elsewhere. I was actually more impressed by the anime for it than the manga because of how well they layered things in (the song and art for the opening credits, for example, weren't just picked because they were cool; they actually meant something).

@Misbelïef, if you're truly interested in looking into this there are a couple shows that have a more gritty/realism style that are easier to appreciate if you're not generally used to watching anime. Four that come to my mind are: Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Death Note, Ghost in the Shell, and Shigurui.

Edit: And Afro Samurai / Afro Samurai: Resurrection, of course. That's a given, definitely give them a go.

The Op was picked for fan service the topless girl is so meaningful and deep. Elfen lied layerd lol. Tell me what was layerd about when they beat the dog to death with that pot and then when she killed everyone what was the underlying meaning in that scene other than just shock value. Lets compare what I think is a good OP and what you think is. I will use Kaiji second season op as my example. In the op it shows the characters and gives you a basic idea as to what will be happening in the show just from the opening credits as it should apart from the screamo which is a little over the top. All in all a pretty good OP serves the purpose lays out what is to be expected from the show you are going to watch without explicitly telling you. Where as Elfen lied shows a moving background and a girl with pink hair nude alot with a sad song playing. What did the OP serve other than just fap material for those who are watching?

As for Afro samurai great show I would second the recommendation. As for death note stop at 25 unless you like Deus ex machina endings.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
HATE IT WHEN THE FORUM RELOGS YOU AND WASTES YOUR POST.

Anyway,

If they'd just wanted a fan service opening, they could've done it a lot easier (and maybe cheaper? not sure on royalties) without painstaking reproductions of Gustav Klimt paintings involving the main characters. The predominant theme being the femme fatale, which fits the series perfectly. Additionally, thanks to Klimt's abundant use of gold leaf, those are some of the most valuable paintings to ever be auctioned.

That brings up the contemplation of what we generally consider to be of value. You have a Latin theme song burgeoning with religious references, juxtaposed against some of the most valuable items to exist in the world (monetarily speaking). The OP reflects a just/righteous man undergoing trials/misfortune, with a direct reference to the Holy Lily of Chastity, directly comparing Lucy to the Virgin Mary.

That's an interesting comparison for several reasons, not least of which is the idea that the diclonii are a new issuance, or rebirth/renewal, of the human race. There's several references in the story that if Lucy were ever to have a child, (s)he would effectively be the Antichrist in terms of sheer destructive power over the planet. If I remember correctly she's kidnapped by a crazy scientist bent on taking advantage of that.

And then you've just got the NAME Elfen Lied... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfenlied

To me, that at least puts it a step above most anime opening credits that just try to look nice. You've laid significant depth and meaning to the story before the story even started.

05/01/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Archilol
As for death note stop at 25 unless you like Deus ex machina endings.

Seconded.
Edited by Verelyse on 5/1/2012 3:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]