MoP Beta

90 Tauren Shaman
03/19/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Nethaera
Is there any word on when the beta will begin. For those that got the annual pass, will we be among first invites. Has this already been announced, and I am about to be trounced by a horde of trolls?

We haven't announced beta for Mists of Pandaria as of yet. We'll do our best to keep everyone informed however.

:: nods ::

I read on one of the fansites that Beta's gonna be tricky because of how many players signed up for the Annual Pass. One of the guys there in that place, he likened it to, "relaunching WoW itself," in terms of scope or something like that.

They're just trying to figure it out, but it'll happen at some point I'm sure.

Err... That's what I heard, at least.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
03/19/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Rollo
Could you guys do it...tomorrow :D...Yeah I know you probably can't but I was hoping to play the BETA on spring break. Oh well, least I got good females for once.

Maybe summer vacation? Not that I want to wait until June. I'm not sure if they'll start the beta before Diablo III is released. This post has no point, except me talking to myself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/19/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Opalessence
Could you guys do it...tomorrow :D...Yeah I know you probably can't but I was hoping to play the BETA on spring break. Oh well, least I got good females for once.

Maybe summer vacation? Not that I want to wait until June. I'm not sure if they'll start the beta before Diablo III is released. This post has no point, except me talking to myself.

I do not see D3 having any effect on beta at all.

That would be like saying there would be no beta because people are playing other games coming out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Huh. I kinda figured the Beta opening would part of the press event.
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
"Very soon" according to the press release and on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Warcraft/status/181641321025507329

"So soon you're going to be all like "What? That's way sooner than I thought it would be.""

Not "soon" enough for me. :p
Edited by Scyl on 3/19/2012 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

That would be like saying there would be no beta because people are playing other games coming out.

Well not really, it's another Blizzard game, and annual sub purchasers got it free, so that's Diablo, WoW and WoW beta to divide time between.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue

Blizzard doesn't want their games to compete with each other, it's a waste of resources. The games don't compete as much as they could, since they're different genres, but it does happen a bit. The beta will likely happen well after D3 is released.

Well not really, it's another Blizzard game, and annual sub purchasers got it free, so that's Diablo, WoW and WoW beta to divide time between.

That's a good point. You can't say that the MoP beta won't compete with D3 when a million or so people got the annual pass and will have both games to play.
Edited by Bulreporting on 3/19/2012 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/19/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Rollo

We haven't announced beta for Mists of Pandaria as of yet. We'll do our best to keep everyone informed however.

While we could do it tomorrow, that doesn't mean we will be. ;) We'll let you know when it's ready.
Reply Quote
5 Human Mage
Edited by Pistolstar on 4/11/2012 6:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
While we could do it tomorrow, that doesn't mean we will be. ;) We'll let you know when it's ready.
just release it already!

You know, im starting to think you're having fun torturing us.

No beta information today is a major let down.
this.
Edited by Scyl on 3/19/2012 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Is any Alpha happening for this expansion? I remember for Cata that Alpha was up for 2 months at least before Beta.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter

:: nods ::

I read on one of the fansites that Beta's gonna be tricky because of how many players signed up for the Annual Pass. One of the guys there in that place, he likened it to, "relaunching WoW itself," in terms of scope or something like that.

They're just trying to figure it out, but it'll happen at some point I'm sure.

Err... That's what I heard, at least.

however, since it is not actual wow and will have bugs most people will get bored of it once they realize it's not getting the expansion earlier.

I figured but its all good, At least I have female pandas
Edited by Rollo on 3/19/2012 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
03/19/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Quinnmalory
Is any Alpha happening for this expansion? I remember for Cata that Alpha was up for 2 months at least before Beta.

it's already out, been out for a while.
Reply Quote
15 Draenei Hunter
One of the interviews said very soon. But keep in mind it's blizz's version of very soon.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Shaman
03/19/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Nethaera
Is there any word on when the beta will begin. For those that got the annual pass, will we be among first invites. Has this already been announced, and I am about to be trounced by a horde of trolls?

They are waiting to see what happens with Guild Wars 2 and figuring out a way to steal the oxygen out of the room when Arenanet makes their next big announcement.

I hate to be so critical in this regard but I've been a Blizzard fan since 1998 and Blizzard is VERY strategic about such things.

"When it's ready" and "soon" often really mean "when we feel the need to pull the marketing trigger on our competition".
Reply Quote

Any clarification on how its going to work with beta inv for those with the annual pass? or is that still being hashed out?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/19/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Rollo

it's already out, been out for a while.

Ok so today was the day when people got to post Alpha content? Because if that is case I don't see any videos on youtube with game play which tells me Alpha isn't out yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]