Mobile Armory not updating character list

90 Night Elf Hunter
Hello. I am having issues with my Mobile Armory. It insists on remembering toons that have been deleted ages ago. It has toons from my other inactive accounts mixed in with this one. How can I clear the list and reload it?

Thanks
Reply Quote
MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'd recommend e-mailing wowarmory@blizzard.com about it.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
This is very likely one of our ongoing caching issues. If you can provide me with a list of the affected characters and their realm, I will forward it to our server engineers.

Potential reasons this would happen:

• Deleting a character then reusing the deleted character's name
  • Realm transfers
  • Account locks (self imposed or enforced)
  • Deleted character restoration
  • Any combination of the above

If it's not one of the above, it may be a bug that's not very easily reproducible, or a one off bug that only affects a single character. These types of issues are really difficult to pinpoint, especially with the complexity of Battle.net and World of Warcraft in general. However, all of these issues are pretty easily remedied.
Reply Quote
9 Worgen Hunter
Hi. I also have thos problem. My account was originally a trial and was hacked. It was !@#$ down by blizzard but i went to re purchase games under this email so i have two accounts now. But on the mobile armory i can still see the hackers 3 characters which upsets me. I called blizzard as instructed above and the fobbed me off, they said because its an app there is nothing i can do im stuck with them.I also mean here btw. It even shows them here.
The hackers characters are mininomnom, madamnomnom, and amoraena.
Edited by Sailem on 3/27/2012 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
You'll need to delete those characters from the WoW account in question. The app doesn't display these characters on your character list in any sort of unique way, it merely shows what already exists. If you cannot log in and delete them, please let an in-game support representative know.

You may reference my comment here if the Game Master fields you my way again. Remember: It's NOT an app issue, it's WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Thank you for your help with this. See but they arent there to delete. Sorry i dont understand what you mean. One of these characters is on a server my characters are on and its not there. To my game they are already deleted. Otherwise yes id have deleted them in a heartbeat.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
It's very likely that the Trial WoW license and your current WoW license are not one and the same. You can see this by going to Battle.net Account Management: At the top of this page click "ACCOUNT", sign in, then view the WoW accounts listed under "YOUR GAME ACCOUNTS" > "World of Warcraft".

If more than 1 license is attached to the Battle.net account, it will display all of the characters on these accounts, even if one of them no longer has available game time. If that is the case, you may wish to request that a customer support rep remove these characters. I don't know if they will offer this service, so you should follow up by speaking with a billing rep.

You could also reactivate the account in question then login and delete them, if there are indeed multiple accounts attached.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Ok, when i log on tonight ill try to log into the trial accout and take a look. If i cant see anything ill open an in game ticket. Your right i think. They may be in there as that would have been the only active account at the time. I just assumed they deleted it entirely as i was told wow2 was created as a free trial service if wanting to ever show someone else the game. So i havent bothered with it. Thank you so much for your help with this.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
No problem, Faaeliin. Let me know if you have any further difficulties taking care of this issue.

Also, just for future reference, WoW accounts cannot be deleted at a user level and are rarely, if ever, deleted on an administrator level. Instead, we more or less set a "permanent" lock on accounts, to be reviewed in the future should the owner of the account wish to reinstate it.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
The wow mobile app sucks. Doing the same thing to me...still displaying characters that were deleted. And it won't update new characters either! I want my money back
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
04/06/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Dorabella
The wow mobile app sucks. Doing the same thing to me...still displaying characters that were deleted. And it won't update new characters either! I want my money back

If you'd like some assistance, provide the name and realm of these characters and we'll take a look for you.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Hello! My characters list is showing a deleted character. I thought the list would update, removing this character but that didn't happen. The character name is Grimstein @ the realm Goldrinn. I would like that toon to be removed from the mobile armory if it's possible. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
04/14/2012 01:55 AMPosted by Grimbordin
Hello! My characters list is showing a deleted character. I thought the list would update, removing this character but that didn't happen. The character name is Grimstein @ the realm Goldrinn. I would like that toon to be removed from the mobile armory if it's possible. Thanks in advance.

This isn't a service we provide, but if the character was deleted it will take some time before it is removed from the list. It will be removed from the list in time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hello--I think I have a similar problem, although my character was not transferred. He was on an inactive account for a while though. My 85 priest Asbestos (Proudmoore) appears as a level 1 character in the Mobile Armory, but only intermittently. Sometimes even though he'll have been properly designated a primary character when he shows up at level 85, the next time he may show up as level 1 and the app forces me to designate another character as primary. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to rectify this. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Thanks for the report. We'll take a look.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
This should be good now. It was a fast fix. (If only every reported problem were resolved this easily.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yep--seems to be working fine now. Thanks so much! Glad it was an easy fix.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have a character showing in the armory as a level 6 Dreanai Shaman named Gigastorm that I deleted quite some time ago (like years) and it has not disappeared.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
06/23/2012 05:58 AMPosted by Sodamyte
I have a character showing in the armory as a level 6 Dreanai Shaman named Gigastorm that I deleted quite some time ago (like years) and it has not disappeared.

What realm is the deleted level 6 Gigastorm on? Also, do you have any currently active characters named Gigastorm?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
Hello,

I also have similar problem.
On my character it shows that I have a level 9 Druid named Ewiee on Chromaggus that I deleted months ago.
Last night, I made a druid with the same name and it shows as level 2 and the old level 9 toon.
I deleted the level 2 toon, and the list still shows the level 9.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]