So they're adding Farmville to MoP

100 Orc Warlock
I didn't have a problem with pandas, I didn't even have a problem with Pokemon, but Farmville, really?

The Tillers faction will let you run your own farm! The farmer's market will provide daily quest to improve your farm every day, you will be able to clear plots of land and plant things like cooking ingredients, herbalism nodes, gifts for NPCs to build your reputation... etc.

This is the farmer's market here, which is the social hub of the Valley of the Four Winds.

Every day farmers will come to the market with different problems, providing daily quests.

You will help Farmer Yun fix up his overgrown farm, which will show your progression with the faction.

You can clear plots of land and plant things like cooking ingredients, herbalism nodes, gifts for the different NPCs to build your reputation. You then come back the next day to harvest what has grown.

You will be able to decorate the farm as you gain reputation. For example, you can add some pigs and slop, some other animals, and grow an apple orchard.
Not sure how I feel about this.

On a separate note, female pandas are kinda cute.

Discuss.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Meh, something on the side to do while you wait for queues or pocket a little extra gold.

I enjoy hitting exalted with factions and this beats the usual "Kill 1237 of these guys to go from Revered to Exalted" so this will be a nice change from the usual way of getting reputation.

Unfortunately if we remember Cata (and wotlk) and the projects that were axed as we got closer to launch, I could see this feature being on that list.

If anything, pet battles still kind of makes me shrug -- from the description there will be no inherent reward other than your statistics page tracking the number of wins and It seems like an awful lot of work to just do that. But on the flip side, they said there will be about 100 wild pets to collect so that'll be fun, took me forever to hit 150 since TCG loot cards aren't my thing nor are grinding an area for hours.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
03/19/2012 03:24 AMPosted by Daemiona
female pandas are kinda cute.

^ This.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight

Discuss.

I'd hit it
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock

Discuss.

I'd hit it

What wouldn't you hit?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight

I'd hit it

What wouldn't you hit?

thats a very small list
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
meh. a lot of people play farmville. i personally don't and similarly won't be leveling this faction, so it's whatever.

really excited about a lot of the other things though
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
meh. a lot of people play farmville. i personally don't and similarly won't be leveling this faction, so it's whatever.

really excited about a lot of the other things though

I don't play Farmville, hell I don't even have a real Facebook, but I will level this because there is a faction attached, and probably some damn achievement. Beyond that, unless it offers some uber benefits I won't touch it after I'm done.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
When I heard about this and the Pandaria exp, all I could think of were quotes from Gran Turino.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I think it's pretty ridiculous. They're just reaching for subs at this point, in my opinion. It's irritating that they have to try to implement someone elses game (Pokemon, now Farmville) inside their game for people to play it. It's already hard enough for people to take WoW seriously, this just makes it look like another casual Facebook game that anyone and everyone plays. (But hey, that's the audience they're pandering for, right?)

Also, I apologize for the use of a pun, I blame Yarrthas!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
the thing is they won't gain subs by saying "hey, once you get to level 90 (starting at 1) you get to take care of a farm". that won't work and it's dumb. they're doing this to give people something to do (much like the plants vs zombies minigame).
Reply Quote
82 Undead Rogue
03/20/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Zeaket
plants vs zombies minigame

I've still not done that on a single character ...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Never played farmville either, but It looks like they're trying to add different methods of gaining rep with a faction without just doing a bunch of dailys. (Although checking your farm everyday is kinda similar.)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
MY GOATS WILL EAT ALL YOUR TURNIPS!!!

BE WARNED!!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
THERE WILL BE NO GOATS!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
03/21/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Thrlbnogoats
THERE WILL BE NO GOATS!

YOUR NAME MAKES NO SENSE I HAVE MANY GOAT FOR TRADE
Reply Quote
they seem to be trying to add new aspects of the game tho they arent really new they just seem stolen from other games I would like to see some more originality on blizzard parts if im to resub/play during mop... otherwise Ill more then likely be stuck playing D3
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
what would you recommend that another game hasn't already done
Reply Quote
Dunno zeak thats why im not a game developer but the battle system looks identical to pokemon at least in the previews. the farming sounds like a way to be able to farm without having to worry about bots. I like that aspect but scenarious seem to be what gw2 is doing or Rift rift events. Im a fan of the dungeon speed runs tho I wish they would remove heroic dificulties now that they have the raid finder version and just make normal mode as challanging as they use to be so you dont have to grind the same content 2x. probably would to much raging if they did that.

More then likely Ill have to buy it and give it a shot and I hope I enjoy it but cataclysm has been a big disapointment and I just hope all the hype they are trying to put on MoP is good and not just another daily grind fest for rewards.

I want to see them update the Achivement/Title system so its acount wide and maybe let you display your battle tag name over your character user name. since I was in the first few thosand battle tag I did get the name Backstabs :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
that was sort of my point, there isn't a whole lot they could do that another mmo isn't doing or has done. i like about 90% of what they're doing with mop, and i think it'll be a good xpac.

there'd definitely be too much !@#$%ing though if they removed heroics and just made normal harder.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]