How do Battlegroups work...?

85 Undead Rogue
Hey all

I know that Battlegroups have been merged into one when doing random BG's

My question is...even though all have been merged are you still more likely to be put with people with your Battlegroup or is it completely random.....

It's seems like I'm winning more random BG’s on Stormreaver (Rampage) but I don't know if it's a coincidence or something else....?

Also is there a Battlegroup that favors the horde….?

Thanks for any replies

:)
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
The game prefers to match you within your own Battlegroup but will, after a time, search outside your battlegroup to speed up queues. It's much faster to do this in (Rated or Regular) Battlegrounds than it is in Arena.

Rampage actually is a Horde tipped Battlegroup, by the way.

Thank the "Illidan" server for that.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Thanks for reply Schleichend... :)

Anyone know if RUIN is a good battlegroup for horde in general?
Edited by Straker on 3/19/2012 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Mine.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
03/19/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Schleichend
The game prefers to match you within your own Battlegroup but will, after a time, search outside your battlegroup to speed up queues. It's much faster to do this in (Rated or Regular) Battlegrounds than it is in Arena.
^^ That explains it all for me. I was wondering why I was going back to getting matched up with large premades from the older PvP servers in my battlegroup, yet still seeing players from obscure servers on either side mixed in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]