Oh How I Miss Original Bloodscalp.

36 Draenei Shaman
I was never the greatest Warrior, or Hunter (my first max level alt) for that matter. But, I do remember the days when Bloodscalp was at its best. When the Marshals group ran for 10-12 hours a day, and I could get in a few games here and there because my Paladin roomate was a healer. I remember when I was in Mass D a few months because Soskue made Dagreaser invite me and we *!@@d a 40 man horde raid at the Darkshire outdoor boss. I remember when The Fest was The Prefects and when they were attempting to down Jindo the Hexxer, I believe his name was. I remember clearing AQ40 with Draconic Savant when they were on top of everyone and were the best guild I had ever played with, and mistakes where far in between with their best players. My first fight with Draconic Savant was on the 3 bug fight in AQ40. I was tanking at the time. I remember....... No matter how many trolls come here to.... troll.. I still remember when Bloodscalp was a respectable server with people that were great. And some of those people are still here, you know who you are. Oh How I Miss Original Bloodscalp.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
FEATHERMOON ---------------------->

(I'm sure you can appreciate that.)
Reply Quote
1 Undead Priest
If you remember DS was one of the top guilds in AQ40, you are not old school enough, sorryz
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Who was your warrior?

Aside from the scared level 1 troll, I don't think we were ever on top of progression in AQ40. We got stuck on Emps and by that point Naxx was more interesting, Classic was winding down, etc. But hey we had fun, and we still do!

Server used to be a lot more about friendly rivalries with a regular community of players. BC was heated, but it was fun. I find nowadays there's a lot more immaturity going around on the server, sad when you think that people have aged 6 years IRL in the meantime.

The server needs some fresh faces though, badly. There's a grand total of 2 25man guilds left on the server, both Alliance side which is still working with a 1:3 or so A:H ratio, and both of those guilds usually end up doing initial progression in 10man.
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Rogue
Who was your warrior?

Aside from the scared level 1 troll, I don't think we were ever on top of progression in AQ40. We got stuck on Emps and by that point Naxx was more interesting, Classic was winding down, etc. But hey we had fun, and we still do!

Server used to be a lot more about friendly rivalries with a regular community of players. BC was heated, but it was fun. I find nowadays there's a lot more immaturity going around on the server, sad when you think that people have aged 6 years IRL in the meantime.

The server needs some fresh faces though, badly. There's a grand total of 2 25man guilds left on the server, both Alliance side which is still working with a 1:3 or so A:H ratio, and both of those guilds usually end up doing initial progression in 10man.

Sorry Naha, tinkerbell ran out of time, I have to use another troll name. I do still think I remember DS being at least A top contender in AQ40, whether they be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, they still ran !@#$. I would rather not reveal my warriors name, because you might remember him. I was like 16 and incredibly immature and yelled at you for being mean to a friend of mine that was terrible at the time. Then I quit lol. I have looked back at that many times and thought of how stupid it was, wishing I could take it back.

But, with that said, I fully agree with you, there used to be so many fun friendly rivalries. Rivals then weren't all about numbers and being on top, they were about a friendly fun competition, meeting up at Snowfall Graveyard and SPECIFICALLY target each other to kill one another. Afterwards, being able to discuss the highlights of a battle at Southshore, Tauren Mill, ANYWHERE in Arathi Highlands, Crossroads, or anywhere else you can think off. Now it is so much hate. "Oh you suck bro, we *@##d you, eat %^-* and die !@#$%^". That's not fun. That's just depressing. If only it were that easy, to just, POOF, back to the way it was. Not the way it is.

One day, we will see the light. And all will be well on Bloodscalp. I have true faith in the greater players here. Horde and Alliance alike. Notice I am Alliance but name Horde first... MOP has promises to change the server unpopulated and imbalanced problems. We shall see. Hopefully it is a change to help the personal encounters we have encountered before, such as those from Vanilla, and BC. I will one day, again, fight those on my own server, and they will, one day, fear me again!!!
Edited by Ambushudead on 3/23/2012 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
03/23/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Ambushudead
I would rather not reveal my warriors name, because you might remember him. I was like 16 and incredibly immature and yelled at you for being mean to a friend of mine that was terrible at the time. Then I quit lol. I have looked back at that many times and thought of how stupid it was, wishing I could take it back.

Yeah well, that describes basically every warrior we had pretty much ever, myself included (minus the quitting part, sort of) ;P My best guess is... eenie meenie miney mo, Cayd? cos' I'm pretty sure "two tickets to paradise" was TBC-era. Edit: No wait, Cayd was with us before we started AQ so that couldn't be right. Maybe you did go to paradise...

And believe me when I say that I'm probably the only person left in the guild (on the server?) who actually remembers all that !@#$ and nobody cares about my opinion anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Edited by Epadoa on 3/24/2012 12:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
03/23/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Ambushudead
I would rather not reveal my warriors name, because you might remember him.

Meh, I've never held grudges. A lot of people have changed over the past 6 years. I'm mostly just curious.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Priest
[quote]I do still think I remember DS being at least A top contender in AQ40, whether they be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, they still ran !@#$.

THINK whatever you want. Anyone from DS wants confirm this lie? lol
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
To be fair, there weren't a lot of guilds still actively raiding progression content at that stage of the game. Maybe 4-5? So 2nd/3rd is probably pretty accurate.

You seem kinda angsty about the whole thing though, want a hug?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Wasn't Berathor 16 back then?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Yeah but Berathor was with us before AQ too, I believe.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
bloodscalp has always been a joke, and a bad one at that; with no punch line!

>.o
Reply Quote
1 Undead Priest
To be fair, there weren't a lot of guilds still actively raiding progression content at that stage of the game. Maybe 4-5? So 2nd/3rd is probably pretty accurate.

You seem kinda angsty about the whole thing though, want a hug?

wow, trying to confirm a lie with another, or were you really that ignorant about vanilla and BC raids? Hopefully its the 2nd.

This is like, if there is no guild progression website or achievement system to trace with, someone in blood pride will say " look guys, we were the top 3 guild, b/c i think only 3 guilds were raiding!"

Why cannot you face the fact that, DS was never a top guild, till most good guilds died off and fest transfered off server b/c of server lag when naxx25 hit. Take AQ40 as an example, i know AT LEAST HH/IFNT/Insomnia(NewEnemyConqest)/DRF were far ahead of u? Not to mention bloodscalp has a stronger horde side back to then (DPS for example)

And seriously "there weren't a lot of guilds still actively raiding progression content at that stage of the game. Maybe 4-5?"? Even thought it was mostly 40man raids back to the days till ZG hit, the raiding enviroments were much stronger than it is now on bloodscalp.

So you get the truth now, dont QQ then i will accept my hug lol
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Delusional person calling someone else delusional, okay.

HH wasn't doing much by then, IFNT was up and down at the time due to drama, but doing alright. Insomniacs and The Fest were pretty much top at the time. I definitely don't recall NEC or DRF doing anything exceptional in the 40man scenario. Not saying they were bad guilds, they just weren't 'top'.

There was maybe 1 Horde guild doing anything significant at the time, most of the rest started winding down due to drama after BWL and picked back up significantly in TBC.

You're trying to fuel some personal "OMG DS ISN'T FIRST" vendetta and I'm trying to tell you how it was. Middle of the pack.

DS also didn't do a whole lot in Vanilla. We were DD until AQ40 when I picked up lead and we reformed into DS (Amanraug wanted to keep his guild name as a memory, after all). We killed 3 or 4 new bosses under the DS tag: Sartura, Fankriss, Huhuran, Razuvious if memory serves correctly. We stalled at Emps, where a lot of guilds did.

In BC we did better, but not the best. We never fininished Sunwell until 3.0 which sadly turned the entire instance into a faceroll.

In WotLK we pretty much crushed content until H LK, at a very reasonable pace. We had some difficulties with H Anub because our healers were retarded.

In Cataclysm we've been plodding along, but quite frankly the core got pretty freakin' "old" during WotLK and early Cata. A lot of people quit the game due to having new babies to take care of, new careers, moving on with their lives, etc.

Fact still remains though, while most guilds collapse or go through ridiculous bouts of drama, DS is still chugging along with its original objective intact: See the content and have fun. Which we'll continue to do until WoW dies.

TL;DR - Obsess less, it's crowded under my desk.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Priest
Delusional person calling someone else delusional, okay.

HH wasn't doing much by then, IFNT was up and down at the time due to drama, but doing alright. Insomniacs and The Fest were pretty much top at the time.

LOL

HH killed alliance 1st cthun on this server I guess thats called "wasn't doing much", you know who opened aq40 gate, dont you?

IFNT killed alliance 2nd cthun and has been on top of the list with Madness(died after vanilla), HH throughout vanilla/BC, Fest became top at the end of the BC.

DS got some server frist during WoLK when this game designed more for kids, and BS has its worst world rank during this period, figure it out.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Death Knight
Tank flatlined...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
honestly who cares lol
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Talking about who opened the Gate is grasping at straws, it was a server effort. Obvious to anybody who was actually there at the time.

But hey, you seem to be pretty obsessed with living in the past over some pixels, so maybe I shouldn't ruin your dreams.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
/sigh...no one ever talks about Ravenguard
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
03/25/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Luminarry
This is like, if there is no guild progression website or achievement system to trace with, someone in blood pride will say " look guys, we were the top 3 guild, b/c i think only 3 guilds were raiding!"

Isn't that kind of what claiming server first/realm first has ALWAYS been on Bloodscalp, though?
Edited by Epadoa on 3/25/2012 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]