MoP final raidboss speculation.

90 Orc Warlock
My money is on Garrosh Hellscream.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Perhaps, it makes sense.

I think the bigger question is how will the Thrall, Garrosh, Saurfang plot play out?

Personally, my money is on Garrosh killing Saurfang and then Thrall using this as the "straw that broke the camel's back" and killing Garrosh.

Probably something of a Thrall telling Garrosh that he's unfit to lead the horde (and that whole Cairne thing), Garrosh pops Beserker and thinks that Thrall will weaken the Horde, Saurfang steps in and tells him that it's over and it's time to hand over leadership for the sake of unity (and b/c Garrosh was a terrible leader) -- this pushes Garrosh too far and a fight ensues with the result being Saurfang's death.

Then boom -- all out war to defeat Garrosh and those loyal to him.
Reply Quote
I think it said in a preview that thats what the raid is going to be but that seemes pretty lame as you can alredy kill him in pvp city
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I don't see why Garry's such a bad guy.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
03/21/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Backstabs
I think it said in a preview that thats what the raid is going to be but that seemes pretty lame as you can alredy kill him in pvp city

It said that the last patch was going to be the Siege of Org, but didn't mention anything about bosses. Just a thought I had while having a few beers with a friend today.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The final boss will be a new, new and improved Gamon.

Who will still drop 35 copper and 2x linen cloth.
Edited by Pipikaula on 3/21/2012 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
i don't think garrosh COULD kill saurfang honestly
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
03/21/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Zeaket
i don't think garrosh COULD kill saurfang honestly

I doubt he could in a fair, 1v1 fight, based on what we know about the lore currently. Unfortunately, Blizz doesn't always follow it literally and there's always the chance of Saurfang being in some kind of wounded/impaired state and Garrosh using it to his advantage.

03/21/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Palatka

While I'm not as up to date with horde-specific lore, a lot of it seems to stem from the fact that Garrosh and Thrall are polar opposites so those loyal to Thrall were upset when Garrosh became leader.

Those that really follow the A v H debate tend to look favorably on Garrosh because he's more willing to go to war with the Alliance.

Sidenote, reminds me of the really vocal horde players that attend Blizzcon and seek out Alliance players to accost them and stir up controversy - Blizz has taken some steps to crack down on some of it after an incident in '09 (I think it was) where a fanatical horde player accosted an alliance player who wasn't willing to take it and gave it back to the guy, only resulting in the horde player nerdraging and punching the guy in the face which resulted in the cops being called and Blizz getting some bad publicity for a couple of months and Alliance players speaking out about the harassment they experienced at Blizzcons over the years b/c they play Alliance - this last Blizzcon they threw out several people for engaging in such behavior.

Anyway, I think some consider Garrosh a poor leader because of the fact he's stirring up unneeded controversy and would much rather take a live and let live approach. Blizz set the ground for some good AvH fights with the reclaimed zones in Cata but never followed through with it, looks like they'll be trying to give it a second go with MoP...if it'll be successful or not (I suspect it won't be), the jury is still out on.
Edited by Xypathos on 3/21/2012 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
03/21/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Palatka

garrosh is a poor leader because he doesn't understand what consequences are, nor does he think forward. he lives 100% in the moment, which, when you're starting a war, is not a good mentality to have. garrosh himself is not a bad character, but he's not suited to lead the entire horde. i think he'd have found a lot more success being leader of horde forces in x zone.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
yes but wouldn't it be odd if horde killed Garrosh ?

also am I the only one who saw that Thrall was taking back Org ? So Garrosh would be upset and starts going "omg I hate them" and be the main evil, that would be possible since they will focus on alliance vs horde fights
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
yes but wouldn't it be odd if horde killed Garrosh ?

also am I the only one who saw that Thrall was taking back Org ? So Garrosh would be upset and starts going "omg I hate them" and be the main evil, that would be possible since they will focus on alliance vs horde fights

I don't think it'll be that odd, Garrosh already has his enemies within the horde and I think it'll have a bigger impact if he's killed by his own people. I could see it as perhaps some kind of split war effort: the horde and alliance are fighting while the horde have their own "civil war" going on.

I could also see it as some combined effort too -- an all out war between the alliance and horde and some currently unknown event serves as the catalyst to unite the horde and alliance to kill Garrosh. Maybe he's responsible for the assassination of some central alliance figure in an attempt to start a war between the A and H, or maybe even as pressure is cranking up on him to step down he does it to cast a smoke screen over the situation and serve as a distraction.

EDIT: With Thrall being such a central figure in the entire Cata storyline, I see them pulling back from the horde (I know, I know - Thrall doesn't necessarily = horde) and focusing on Alliance to some extent and putting them in the spotlight.
Edited by Balatro on 3/23/2012 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I tend to think the old god N'Zoth will play a large part. I don't know what part or how large, but I'm pretty sure he's gonna be a player.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Also Garrosh told me you guys look like dorks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/24/2012 01:48 AMPosted by Maeby
I tend to think the old god N'Zoth will play a large part. I don't know what part or how large, but I'm pretty sure he's gonna be a player.

In the expansion or in the expac's final raid which is essentially an invasion of Org to kill Garrosh?

I can't imagine it personally but that's why I don't write lore for Blizz.

It could be cool though, Garrosh and N'Zoth team up maybe...that'd be some crazy stuff.
Reply Quote
03/23/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Balatro
I don't think it'll be that odd, Garrosh already has his enemies

yeah when ther further I was getting into my writing, the more it made sense because if thrall gets back as the horde's leader, as I said he can be upset and blah blah blah... but I felt like writing something and I didn't want to delete it haha
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/24/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Vaeth
I don't think it'll be that odd, Garrosh already has his enemies

yeah when ther further I was getting into my writing, the more it made sense because if thrall gets back as the horde's leader, as I said he can be upset and blah blah blah... but I felt like writing something and I didn't want to delete it haha

It's cool - I think it's obvious that a lot of the fighting will obviously be between Garrosh and Thrall because they're such opposites.

However I could be wrong but I don't think anything has been confirmed about Thrall returning as warchief and honestly, I don't think he will. It seemed the entire expansion was a personal conflict within Thrall to choose between being the leader of the horde and fully developing and immersing himself into the world of a shaman -- I just don't see him coming back and from the people I've spoken with that have read the books, they concur that Thrall will not return as Warchief.

As an alliance player, I'd be relieved if he didn't come back and as a fan of fantasy literature, I'd prefer it too. Perhaps it's just me but Thrall is one dimensional and lacks the qualities to make a main character and I feel like that point was proven with the Cata storyline - it was so contrived and trite that I had no vested interest in Thrall's outcome despite going through the storyline several times from an alliance perspective and twice from the horde. From both sides a dinosaur riding a shark with a laser could've killed Thrall and I wouldn't care, there was no emotional investment in his character. At the end of the day Metzen has tried to take his golden boy and portray him as a green Jesus and it has failed miserably.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
it's already been confirmed thrall will return as warchief
Reply Quote
03/24/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Zeaket

So, Thrall goes from warchief of the horde, to "faction neutral" green jesus, to warchief again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

So, Thrall goes from warchief of the horde, to "faction neutral" green jesus, to warchief again.

It's better b/c I found an interview from the press week when one of the media people asks about the perceived horde bias (Thrall being a central figure for the entire expansion), Thrall yet again returning as a semi-central figure at least towards the end of the expansion, and Metzen's response is:

"We have some new Alliance books coming out!"

EDIT: Just got leaked *SPOILER ALERT*

In the battle of Org, Jaina kills Aggra and takes her rightful place upon Thrall's tremor totem.
Edited by Balatro on 3/24/2012 10:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Gamon will slurp the stem cells from Aggra's fetus to get stronger.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]