Price on Game Time Cards

90 Night Elf Druid
Why do they cost so much here in Australia
EB games : http://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-130610-World-of-Warcraft-Game-Card-60-Day-PC
43$ AUD
JB hifi: http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/pc-games/world-of-warcraft-game-card-2-month-subscription/316680
38$ AUD
Smith: http://####smith.com.au/product/YG8466/pccd-world-of-warcraft-60-day-pre-paid-time-card
40$ AUD

Just wondering why does 30$ worth of game time cost so much?
How much do you guys pay?

EDIT: The first part of Smith's name is filtered, its the D word.
Edited by Rahqwas on 3/21/2012 3:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Retail mark up.
Just buy your game time codes online, you can buy 30, 60, or 90 day increments.
http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000004
Edited by Arleta on 3/21/2012 3:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/21/2012 03:28 AMPosted by Arleta
Just buy your game time codes online, you can buy 30, 60, or 90 day increments.

Can't, parents won't let me
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight
Im serious here, try Big W or Kmart.... like 32 bucks.

Also Target but that depends on the store, the bigger the electronics section the better!

Oh yeah those stores mentioned above prcies baries from store to store, and they ALWAYS stock empty boxes make sure they put your card inside!!
Edited by Darkrova on 3/21/2012 3:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/21/2012 03:29 AMPosted by Darkrova

They sell them there? thanks a heap man

BigW only sells teh games and Kmart doesn't sell em at all.
Edited by Rahqwas on 3/21/2012 3:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I hear everything in general costs more in Australia. Blame your leaders.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/21/2012 03:29 AMPosted by Rahqwas
Can't, parents won't let me

Well, that's just silly.
If you can't get direct from the supplier you need to deal with the mark up there invariably is.
Remember, the cards are being shipped halfway across the world.

However as Dark said, BigW/KMart usually have decent prices. Never buy them from a dedicated games store, they charge an extra 5$ because ... they can, and people fall for it.
03/21/2012 03:30 AMPosted by Discipline

Because it has nothing to do with extra shipping costs, right?!
Edited by Arleta on 3/21/2012 3:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight

They sell them there? thanks a heap man

Yes they hide them behind loads of those crap 10 buck plastic case DvD games or inside those plastic clear panels with other games inside. Had to seriously shovel through 12 solitaire game boxes and RUSE just to find a dented box in the corner. Also ask at the counter but make sure you ask like the teenagers or blokes the old women never know what your on about lol.

03/21/2012 03:30 AMPosted by Discipline

Actually its game companies nothing to do with leaders at all, thats the r18 debacle. Over here WoW is rated M anyways so its a non issue. Most aussies counter this by saying they reside in the US or UK with online shops, and retailers like GAME use grey imports to actually cut companies like Activision out of profit.
Edited by Darkrova on 3/21/2012 3:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/21/2012 03:33 AMPosted by Darkrova
Yes they hide them behind loads of those crap 10 buck plastic case DvD games or inside those plastic clear panels with other games inside. Had to seriously shovel through 12 solitaire game boxes and RUSE just to find a dented box in the corner. Also ask at the counter but make sure you ask like the teenagers or blokes the old women never know what your on about lol.

Why arn't they on the site though? I searched them up online on the site. Do I have to go and check physically to see if they have it?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
03/21/2012 03:31 AMPosted by Arleta
Because it has nothing to do with extra shipping costs, right?!

No, we are just overcharged on everything. There ain't no shipping costs on things like music and movies on itunes, and yet we are charged more.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight

Why arn't they on the site though? I searched them up online on the site. Do I have to go and check physically to see if they have it?

Dont ever use the online sites they are seperate to the stores, you learn this pretty fast when visting eb games . com

And thats why I noted it depends on the store too, best idea if you want to know ahead of time is get those catalogues out and look for your stores local number and ring em. Be prepared to deal with people on the other end that have no idea what your on about. Its best just to go to a shopping mall and search each store.
Edited by Darkrova on 3/21/2012 3:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/21/2012 03:36 AMPosted by Shamtaro
No, we are just overcharged on everything. There ain't no shipping costs on things like music and movies on itunes, and yet we are charged more.

Marginally more, yes. We have a different sales taxation system.
Plus, until the last 6-8 months our dollar was less valuable, except in a few instances were it poked it's head about the 1:1 mark.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Plus, until the last 6-8 months our dollar was less valuable, except in a few instances were it poked it's head about the 1:1 mark.

We are at like 1 USD:1.06 AUD or something arn't we?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
It pisses me off when something (i.e. Skyrim) costs more online because of the local retailers (they refuse to sell it unless steam upped its price)

-_-

I don't buy anything retail anymore, ever.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

We are at like 1 USD:1.06 AUD or something arn't we?

1 : 1.04740 currently.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight
Surprised no one mentioned ozgameshop yet. It has nothing to do with taxes btw, and everything to do with publishers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]