Glyph of Demon Hunting (warlock tanks)?

2 Tauren Paladin
No dodge and no parry. You guys hoping to tank as a demo lock are in for a big shock the first time you try to tank anything actually difficult. It's going to be like playing a TBC bear, except without the bonus health or the bonus armor equipment and with 5% dodge instead of 40% dodge. It might work if you already outgear a 5 man or if a boss is specifically designed around it (e.g. Leotheras or phase 3 Illidan) but that's about it.
Reply Quote
62 Human Rogue
Who needs dodge and parry when our mastery is reducing a flat percentage of damage taken? A warlock will be able to take a small bus to the face without a scratch.
Edited by Korren on 3/22/2012 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I hope demon form isnt just illidan form >.< I dont really like that look.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
A good start, but they need more to be viable for tanking.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Warlocks can tank!

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mother-of-god-meme.jpg

It has already begun.
Edited by Ashenrune on 3/23/2012 12:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
96 Worgen Warlock
I read through every post, before replying just to make sure...

But I think every one is avoiding the elephant in the room.

Whats currently the most noticeable difference between tanks now and dps, ASIDE from Mitigation?

Health Pools.

Im as excited as everyone else IF this is real.... but as it stands your HP will be low, so not much Effective Health from what I currently see.

I could be wrong, so someone correct me otherwise.

I'd like to submit a possible solution to this, of course it's speculation (like everything in this thread). Consider Soul Link. "All damage and healing the Warlock takes is shared with his active demon", which could, in essence, be considered a pretty direct boost to your health pool. It would then be a mandatory talent, which Blizzard wants to do move away from, but the option is still there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This...would...be...AWESOME!

I'm afraid to let myself get too excited though :(. I love demonology, and I love tanking, combine the two and O.O...

Argh it's hard not to get giddy over this lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/22/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Cantstandzya
except without the bonus health or the bonus armor equipment

You mean the armor bonus that was baked in to meta from the start of there being a meta?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
No, pretty sure they're referring to bonus armor contribution from oddball items that don't get multipled by the bear/meta multipliers anymore.

100% loving this option, btw.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
No, pretty sure they're referring to bonus armor contribution from oddball items that don't get multipled by the bear/meta multipliers anymore.

100% loving this option, btw.

I was 4K over the armor cap in meta before I got my first cata epic.
Reply Quote
89 Orc Warlock
please please please please please please please please
Reply Quote
Reminds me of the days of Moonkin tanking.
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Priest
Blizzard, please don't ruin this for us.This is so friggen amazing, the best change to Warlocks that I've seen in 7 years.Guys, Demo Dps is NOT being hurt in any way, if you don't want to tank, you don't have to! This glyph and the setup are for people who do...Blizzard is trying to please all sides. If you don't want to tank? Guess what? Don't use the glyph. The defensive abilities can be for PvP or solo'ing. But for those of us who do, this is brilliant.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I just got heroic spine down wednesday, and I would reroll to demon tank lol who gives a !@#$ about transmog when I can be a badass DEMON!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I LOVE IT! as a demonologist, I have always loved the idea of being able to tank as a demon!

now I can go forth and cleave my way through instances with the new mechanic!

if this means warlocks have a permanent transformation like druid forms, then this is a big step up for Warlocks! it could also mean less time ganked at lower levels for new warlocks. I can understand having to use a glyph to choose between tanking or DPS, but I'm a PVPer, so it's all gonna work out for me anyways if Blizz doesnt screw this up! no more timed duration, I can use my demonic form with impunity!

I love it, and I'll be spamming the hell out of those metamorphosis abilities at every opportunity!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I LOVE IT! as a demonologist, I have always loved the idea of being able to tank as a demon!

now I can go forth and cleave my way through instances with the new mechanic!

if this means warlocks have a permanent transformation like druid forms, then this is a big step up for Warlocks! it could also mean less time ganked at lower levels for new warlocks. I can understand having to use a glyph to choose between tanking or DPS, but I'm a PVPer, so it's all gonna work out for me anyways if Blizz doesnt screw this up! no more timed duration, I can use my demonic form with impunity!

I love it, and I'll be spamming the hell out of those metamorphosis abilities at every opportunity!

Agreed
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Oh great.

Now I'll have Warlocks rubbing it on my face while going "nyeh nyeh, you can use a shield and has Rockbiter Weapon, why don't you tank? /sarcasm"
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
GOOD, i think we need more unique off the wall builds for these classes.

I'm sure i will complain about TANKLOCKS a couple months after release but for now im excited :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
While I'd not mind seeing lock tanks, these changes seem to put warlocks on as even a footing as shaman for being tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
03/23/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Nachtstier
While I'd not mind seeing lock tanks, these changes seem to put warlocks on as even a footing as shaman for being tanks.

You should probably read a bit more deeper into it. As of right now, locks have all the tools and abilities to tank and/or solo 5man content. The only thing missing are avoidance stats and they 'seem' to be going the route of a pure mitigation tank model.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]