Glyph of Demon Hunting (warlock tanks)?

42 Undead Rogue
03/24/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Kazorin
so warlocks will be able to queue as tanks?
On beta currently they cannot. But it's still new.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
03/23/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Infernalist
While I'd not mind seeing lock tanks, these changes seem to put warlocks on as even a footing as shaman for being tanks.

You should probably read a bit more deeper into it. As of right now, locks have all the tools and abilities to tank and/or solo 5man content. The only thing missing are avoidance stats and they 'seem' to be going the route of a pure mitigation tank model.

Yeah, I missed the fact that they also had crit immunity.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks so much for the second Tanking example Vid. I'm thoroughly enjoying seeing Demon Tanking in action, though I wish that we could see how they hold up in a Raid environment.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
oh my god....
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
im glad my lock is demo/affliction :P then i can say i didint switch just because of it lol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I've been mulling this over ever since I heard about it, and I'm just not convinced it will go live. I'd be delighted if it did, though. ANYthing to thin the herd of "pure dps" (nothing like being defined by the roles you CAN'T fill) and to help us become distinct from mages again is welcome. The fact that it potentially opens up new paths of gameplay for a character I had long since written off as nothing more than a forum avatar doesn't hurt either.

However, I do have one rather trivial concern: I've never cared for the demo form graphic. I confess! I don't like turning into Illidan. I don't like hiding my character at all, to be honest, but to turn into a Night Elf, even a demonic one, is disappointing. So, might I request additional, purely cosmetic glyphs to change our demon form into a different demon? Doesn't even have to be tied into tanking, should that fail to pan out in live. Glyphs for specific demons, or even a demon chosen at random (like the color changing druid glyph) could be interesting.

My personal dream come true would be to be able to tank in the form of an Infernal. I'd probably get calls from my neighbors wondering why someone in my home was yelling "SCUZZ SMASH!" all night.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I've been mulling this over ever since I heard about it, and I'm just not convinced it will go live. I'd be delighted if it did, though. ANYthing to thin the herd of "pure dps" (nothing like being defined by the roles you CAN'T fill) and to help us become distinct from mages again is welcome. The fact that it potentially opens up new paths of gameplay for a character I had long since written off as nothing more than a forum avatar doesn't hurt either.

However, I do have one rather trivial concern: I've never cared for the demo form graphic. I confess! I don't like turning into Illidan. I don't like hiding my character at all, to be honest, but to turn into a Night Elf, even a demonic one, is disappointing. So, might I request additional, purely cosmetic glyphs to change our demon form into a different demon? Doesn't even have to be tied into tanking, should that fail to pan out in live. Glyphs for specific demons, or even a demon chosen at random (like the color changing druid glyph) could be interesting.

My personal dream come true would be to be able to tank in the form of an Infernal. I'd probably get calls from my neighbors wondering why someone in my home was yelling "SCUZZ SMASH!" all night.

I'd be happy to get the ability to tank and queue up as a Tank in LFD and LFR first. Droods and Spriests had to wait years for their cosmetic glyphs, so I don't mind having to wait a bit for mine if need be.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I'd be happy to get the ability to tank and queue up as a Tank in LFD and LFR first. Droods and Spriests had to wait years for their cosmetic glyphs, so I don't mind having to wait a bit for mine if need be.

That's fair enough and perfectly reasonable, I will agree. However, since Blizz is apparently working on this sort of thing right now, I figure a brief "hey, while you're at it" might not hurt ;)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

That's fair enough and perfectly reasonable, I will agree. However, since Blizz is apparently working on this sort of thing right now, I figure a brief "hey, while you're at it" might not hurt ;)

If they can queue up for LFD and LFR, then what stops them from going tank in a normal/heroic raid?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Oh, absolutely. I have images of the old Thundercats cartoon, with Mumm-ra, that old and tiny mummified fart doing his chanting thing and transforming into Mumm-Ra The Everliving and whooping some serious !@#...

I could see doing that with my UD lock. lol I'd make up a /macro for it and everything.

So, if we get cosmetic glyphs that make us look different than the Illidan model, great. If not, I'll survive as long as I get to be a clothie tank.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I could see doing that with my UD lock. lol I'd make up a /macro for it and everything.

/cringe
Nooooooo, chat macro'd to spells is baaaaaad. There was some pug I ran with some DK who had some comment linked to an ability he used a LOT. I don't even remember what it was, but by the end of the run, everyone was ready to kill him just to shut him up. Granted, you won't be using it THAT often, but still....

(Exception: Rez macros that let everyone know who you're rezzing can actually be kind of handy in post-wipe situations, especially in raids. Spares everyone the embarrassment of two or more healers trying to rez the same guy at once)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

/cringe
Nooooooo, chat macro'd to spells is baaaaaad. There was some pug I ran with some DK who had some comment linked to an ability he used a LOT. I don't even remember what it was, but by the end of the run, everyone was ready to kill him just to shut him up. Granted, you won't be using it THAT often, but still....

(Exception: Rez macros that let everyone know who you're rezzing can actually be kind of handy in post-wipe situations, especially in raids. Spares everyone the embarrassment of two or more healers trying to rez the same guy at once)

It's a nice thought, though.

Using Demonic Leap is going to be an amazing way to pull, too.

You can use it when you're out of Meta and it activates Meta Form.

Now, imagine a lil tiny belf girl, or a dried up old UD, or a gnome girl with pink pigtails...Just 'leaping' into a pack of elite mobs and exploding into Demon Form and opening with Hellfire and Carrion Swarm.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

/cringe

It's a nice thought, though.

Using Demonic Leap is going to be an amazing way to pull, too.

You can use it when you're out of Meta and it activates Meta Form.

Now, imagine a lil tiny belf girl, or a dried up old UD, or a gnome girl with pink pigtails...Just 'leaping' into a pack of elite mobs and exploding into Demon Form and opening with Hellfire and Carrion Swarm.

That is going to be epic as hell.
Reply Quote
I support warlock tanking, its new and sounds intresting.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
03/24/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Magniir
If they can balance Demonology around two different roles then they can bloody well do the same for Death Knights and Druids, as far as I'm concerned.

You can't properly balance druids that way because their DPS and their tanking gear are the same, barring reforging differences, which means swapping forms provides a huge DPS increase that can't be matched by any other tanking spec that swaps stances/presences.

DKs are a different problem, but largely its the "what's the point?" factor. DKs already have 2 specs for 2H DPS, they really don't need a third that's focused entirely around spamming death strike rather than obliterate or festering strike/scourge strike.

This glyph essentially does to Warlocks what seperating cat and bear did to druids; it prevents them from using their "DPS form" by inversing the damage increase into pure damage reduction.
Edited by Bomdanil on 3/25/2012 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
03/24/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Sasofrass
If they can queue up for LFD and LFR, then what stops them from going tank in a normal/heroic raid?

The same thing that lead to a lot of blood DKs getting sat in T11 and T12, the class' viability relative to the content and power of other tanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]