lol that's awesome
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
a cloth tank? sounds stupid to me
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/25/2012 07:45 AMPosted by Whataburger

I guess you could say the same about the two leather tanks in the game. /sarcasm
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If this goes live I think I'd rather see it as its own specialization rather than something you activate with a glyph.

So similar to how druids now get feral-DPS and feral-tank, locks would get demo-DPS and demo-tank.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
There's no need to split Demo-tanks into their own spec. It buys nothing... You can't swap rolls mid-fight because you need to HAVE the glyph to tank and NOT HAVE the glyph to DPS. Swaping one glyph is about as useful/restrictive as swaping to your dual spec.

One thing I'm currious about: Since Mastery gets converted to Damage Reduction, it looks like this is intended to replace the Block/Avoidance stats other tanks use. However, since survivability > threat > everything else for most of the tanking world, I'd expect it'd be helpfull to reforge/enchant to Dodge/Mastery/Parry* and Gem/Enchant for:
Solid Ocean Sapphire
Fractured Amberjewel / Subtle Amberjewel
Flashing Inferno Ruby (if Demo-tanks get Parry)
This still means maintaining two sets of gear.

Since you really can't avoid the two-sets-of-gear problem, I'd recommend Demo-tanks get parry as part of the glyph. It'd give us something to Gem for Red gems besides Intellect.

On the issue of Vengence... since Vengence was added to scale damage (and thus threat) with the tank's primary attribute (stamina) in order to scale with DPS damage as we move through Tiers - this is appearently not neccessary for Demo-tanks. Their gear already has intellect/spell power that will scale with DPS damage. This doesn't mean Demo-tanks should or will do DPS-equivilent damage but it likely means that their threat generation will scale at a similar rate to DPS damage without needing Vengence.

On the issue of Dungeon/Raid Finder and queuing to Tank: If you've got the glyph, getting the game to recognize that you can queue as a tank shouldn't be that much harder than getting the game to recognize your spec. If you don't have the gear for it, you're in the same boat as when any other tank queues in DPS gear. IIRC, when LFD first came out, Death Knights could tank in any spec. LFD had no way to know if you were a "real" tank or just a badly talented/glyphed/geared tank. Most people I played with expected you to be Defense Capped if you were going to tank, but the game didn't care. Bottom line: worst case is that you get a Warlock who doesn't have the glyph trying to tank - just like when any other Tank-capable class queues as a tank but doesn't have the gear. If its a problem, you boot for cause. Much more likely, the game won't let Demo-locks queue as tanks unless they have the glyph.
Edited by Sagemordacai on 3/25/2012 11:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
03/22/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Awanii

Not if mastery still increases the damage done, which would also reduce damage taken!

:O!!!!

Hrm, you're right.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#VZ!022220

Here is your tanking spec.

I may indeed roll a warlock now.

No... we will not be tied down to cookie cutters anymore so MMO-champion or any site that says otherwise can cram it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Hrm, you're right.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#VZ!022220

Here is your tanking spec.

I may indeed roll a warlock now.

No... we will not be tied down to cookie cutters anymore so MMO-champion or any site that says otherwise can cram it.

Funny, I came up with the same build, but their are certainly other viable options. The only Tier where the choice looks obvious to me is Level 60 (Tier 4) "Unbound Will". The Level 75 (Tier 5) option becomes less obvious depending on what the demons summoned via Grimoire of Supremecy look like. I could see a Void Lord's Sacraficial Pact (Tier 3) on a 1 min. CD comparing favorably with Dark Bargain.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I started slow and worked my way up.. but i haven't done DS yet.. I soloed heroics.. I soloed sarth 10 3d.. and i tanked firelands... no DS yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/25/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Narv
I started slow and worked my way up.. but i haven't done DS yet.. I soloed heroics.. I soloed sarth 10 3d.. and i tanked firelands... no DS yet.

You should solo Morchok and record it for us! :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Funny, I came up with the same build, but their are certainly other viable options. The only Tier where the choice looks obvious to me is Level 60 (Tier 4) "Unbound Will". The Level 75 (Tier 5) option becomes less obvious depending on what the demons summoned via Grimoire of Supremecy look like. I could see a Void Lord's Sacraficial Pact (Tier 3) on a 1 min. CD comparing favorably with Dark Bargain.

Yeah, I'd probably go with Supremacy and Soul Link rather than Sacrifice and Dark Bargain. Except maybe on a fight where I *had* to have a tank CD and it was worth sacrificing a decent amount of constant-uptime DR for it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
03/25/2012 07:45 AMPosted by Whataburger

Tanking with a 2 hander? sounds dumb.

People seriously said this when dks were introduced
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
03/25/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Sasofrass

You should solo Morchok and record it for us! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9UFM2RDNUo&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmbGhRQhrn0&feature=related

Dummy test with Glyph of Demon Hunting
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
Represent!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I've seen videos of Warlocks effectively tanking heroics...like I don't know if this will be permanent...but if it is...the boyhood dream I swear.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
2 quick things.

1: Anyone remember about this time pre-cataclysm when my eyes were like: @.@ when I saw rockbiter and other potential shaman tanking talents? 'Nuff said

2: Sounds like this will be incredibly hard to balance. Either demo's dps will be gimped, or it's dps while tanking will be insane and all progression guilds will have to have all demo tanks.

Also: Love it, looks like a blast.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
2: Sounds like this will be incredibly hard to balance. Either demo's dps will be gimped, or it's dps while tanking will be insane and all progression guilds will have to have all demo tanks.

Also: Love it, looks like a blast.

Well, basically how Metamorphosis works, is it increases your total damage by X amount while in the form. This gets removed and changes into reduces your total damage, so there is no damage increase.

It does need to get scaled downwards, though, as it is still extremely over powered at the moment, mitigation wise and damage wise.

Maybe reduces damage dealt and reduces damage taken with the glyph.

I think it is just scaling too highly with the mastery.

But yeah, it looks like an entirely new class, the graphics and animations look incredible! I well done by Blizzard in my opinion!!
Edited by Sasofrass on 3/25/2012 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I'm sure they'll balance it and fix the scaling with mastery, and maybe change the armor from 600% to 300% or whatever keeps it more in line with other tanks (though we don't use avoidance so we need the armor so maybe a bit above them idk).

I just wish we could get a hint of if this is something blizzard is intending or looking at or just something they put in but are now like "ehhh.. let's just get rid of it..".. a hint of what their plans are.. even if they are "well we don't know yet but right now it's true we're ok with locks tanking"
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I hope Blizzard will shed some light on this subject for us sooner than later.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]