Glyph of Demon Hunting (warlock tanks)?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/29/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Marar
Its just like saying on my mage im going to tank

GO back and read all the MetaTank abilities pre-castration. I mean nerf, pre-nerf. >_>

Mages, I swear...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm also very glad to hear from Ghostcrawler on this. I am sad that I won't get to tank with my caster in Mists, but not at all surprised. That would be a huge change to the balance of our class, and the game as a whole. Particularly when the trend in Dragon Soul is toward fewer-tank fights, and they are already adding a class with a tank spec.

But I'm still very excited for the flexibility this gives Warlocks. Given the absurd number of mitigation cooldowns we (might) have, and the ability to pop into tanking form on short notice (10 seconds too long for an "oh, crap" button, but not to long to be useful - I'd love it to go down to 4-6 seconds, though), we get many more chances to take damage than we would otherwise.

I can easily imagine scenarios where a few adds need to be tanked before they go down, when we would know the damage is coming. Or where one of the main tanks goes down near the end of the fight - the healers can keep the OT up long enough for us to go into tank form, we can take hits long enough for the OT to drop stacks of a debuff or stop bleeding or whatever, and take the boss back. Stuff like that happens all the time, and having another mini-tank that can take some hits when needed will be really useful. And let me feel more useful as a pure dps class.

To the devs: please don't nerf this beyond usefulness! I don't need to be a main tank, but I'd love to be more helpful when the boss is running loose all over the raid.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
Don't give up on lock tanking just yet. There's a long running thread over in the general section that not only has a number people voicing their opinions on the topic but also a closer lock at lock tanking in MoP beta in general

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254461348

Whether you're for it, against it, or just don't know, head on over and share your words with the community. The Dev team is reading...
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I cant believe how happy I am right now... cant get too excited... breath.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The beta rocked at first. I know the stat percentages needed some work and such, but tanking felt awesome. I was actually very excited to have such a change brought to lock class. But alas, it isn't meant to be (least that's what GC said, funny it got so far in the beta). As a long time WoW player, sadly MoP may be the end of my run. Let's hope blizzard pulls a bunny out of their hats and makes the class playable and fun again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
/signed. its time for warlock tanks. it would make me pick my lock back up.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
This Needs to happen and they need to que as tanks
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I think I'm in LOVE....
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
With the change to Nether Plating and Defense Stance, Blizz wants anyone who wishes to tank to be forced to choose that role in their spec and not be able to just slap on a glyph and tank anything. They removed the crit immunity from DA/Meta as well as DS for warriors, effectively sinking any possibility that locks had to tank. I understand this is their game, but I believe we as a player-base should have much more say in what exactly goes into the game. I feel every class should eventually be given 4 choices for specs much like Druids, and perhaps if that comes to pass maybe Blizz can grace us with our sought after tanking ability. Until then, I've since deleted the DA glyph and replaced it with Imp Swarm for burst DPS/Fury generation.
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Druid
07/15/2012 12:35 AMPosted by Daemonikk
With the change to Nether Plating and Defense Stance, Blizz wants anyone who wishes to tank to be forced to choose that role in their spec and not be able to just slap on a glyph and tank anything. They removed the crit immunity from DA/Meta as well as DS for warriors, effectively sinking any possibility that locks had to tank. I understand this is their game, but I believe we as a player-base should have much more say in what exactly goes into the game. I feel every class should eventually be given 4 choices for specs much like Druids, and perhaps if that comes to pass maybe Blizz can grace us with our sought after tanking ability. Until then, I've since deleted the DA glyph and replaced it with Imp Swarm for burst DPS/Fury generation.
Blizz listens more than any other gaming company around. Just because something isn't happening the way that you want doesn't mean they don't listen. There is a massive list of changes blizz has made based off of players suggestions. But that doesn't mean they need to heed every demand.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
07/15/2012 01:23 AMPosted by Hronah
Blizz listens more than any other gaming company around. Just because something isn't happening the way that you want doesn't mean they don't listen. There is a massive list of changes blizz has made based off of players suggestions. But that doesn't mean they need to heed every demand.

Honestly, I don't think they listen too much to warlock feedback. Nor care about warlock wishes, or happiness, in any way.

/looks at Green Fire
Reply Quote
5 Worgen Warlock
Player based changes happens?
-----------------------------------
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6080180380
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
So we get morph at 10!!!!!!!! Where did u get that from????????
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm sure they listen plenty, but listening does not require that they agree.

They kept DA around in a very competitive state up 'til the point where it was shown to be a legitimate raid tanking option. Only then did they finally put a stop to it, but did so in such a way that it will still be viable for solo, over-geared, and PvP play. I think that shows that they simply don't want to deal with warlock tanks this expansion; for whatever reason, their design scheme doesn't have a place for it, but they are willing to throw us a few bones. Maybe we will see it later on.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
so warlock tanking is gone?

aight well im gone when my contract is up
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
All I can say is that i'd delete the other 6 85's I have just to play this toon which is my first and original toon !!! - WARLOCKS FTW !!!!!

BOOYA !!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yes Im a Warlock hehe :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]