Glyph of Demon Hunting (warlock tanks)?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Even as someone who doesn't like tanking over much, this intrigues me. I'm already really enjoying demo, and I have to say I do like the idea of going all beast mode Demon and getting in a boss's face and tanking it all up in this piece. If all I have to do to become a tank is swap a glyph... dayum, I think my guild just gained a tank.

I picked a really awesome time to start leveling a lock.

Can I get a source/quote on the glyph giving us a threat buff? Cause the current glyph tooltip doesn't show that.
Edited by Dorotaya on 3/22/2012 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Guys, I missed an important change to Sacrificial Pact:

Sacrificial Pact (Talent)
100 yd range
Instant
Your demon sacrifices half its current health to shield its master for 300% of the sacrificed health. Lasts 10 sec.

If you have no demon, your health is sacrificed instead.

1. The bubble is doubled in strength.
2. You can use it on yourself. This means that you could still use this CD if you chose Grimoire of Sacrifice. It also means that you'd be nuking half your health for a 3x bubble. Wow.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
This guy could easily become my main if it came true.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I've been fairly indifferent to everything in MoP so far...

but THIS IS AWESOME!

First thing from MoP that really is exciting to me. :D
Edited by Sorya on 3/22/2012 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
:D /happy dance
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I've been fairly indifferent to everything in MoP so far...

but THIS IS AWESOME!

First thing from MoP that really is exciting to me. :D

Thank you, that sums it up for me, too. THIS EXCITES ME.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I seriously doubt we'll be able to tank. Demonic Fury is a limited resource so what happens when you run out and suddenly become a regular cloth wearing caster with no aggro generation? it's almost certainly meant to be a cluth offtank/pvp thing.

Already explained a dozen of times, read the glyph.

Twilight Ward is not avoidance. if a DK only had blood shield for their mitigation they would be a very bad tank. So, like I said. No avoidance = not a tank. This stuff sounds like a mix of questing, situational and pvp talents. Not a dedicated tree. Until they state, clearly, it will be a dedicated tanking tree you're reading too much into it.

It's like being a druid that has the possibly for their bear form to expire. Not to mention all mitigation and no avoidance does not a tank make; and mitigation needs to have some check for pvp

Most of the tanks now will be focused on actually using their skills to stay alive. Tanks won't be a bunch of douches that sit there hitting randomly the boss just to keep the aggro. Avoidance is the worst mechanic of tanks, why? Cuz it's random. Considering the warlock surviability, the exchange from damage to mitigation will be more than enough to sustain a different kind of tank, one that is only focused on mitigation and don't have any kind of avoidance. It's like a DK's when they became tanks that don't use shields.

And again, as already said, the Warlock will be able to keep the Demonic Fury for all the time. What I think they intent to do with it, is to make the Demo Warlock choose when to keep more or less demonic fury. If they need more mitigation, then don't use it with other skills, only build it up. If they don't need that much, they can use other necessary stuff.

If you take a look at the mitigation and all those skills, all those effects, the tank spec is right there. Avoidance is not important if there's more mitigation, because in the end, if the amount of damage received and mitigated is the same, there's no difference.
Edited by Rosaria on 3/22/2012 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/22/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Seiru
2. You can use it on yourself. This means that you could still use this CD if you chose Grimoire of Sacrifice. It also means that you'd be nuking half your health for a 3x bubble. Wow.

Awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Awesome bump
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
The only issue I see (which was just brought up on the MMO-C forums) is that Aura of Enfeeblement is too strong. It reduces physical damage by 30%, which is much more than the standard 10% debuff from Weakened Blows (Thunder Clap, and the other tank abilities). This would probably force raids to bring lock tanks to every encounter.

So either the Aura needs to be nerfed, or Weakened Blows needs to be buffed. Either way, it's not too big a deal.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
The only issue I see (which was just brought up on the MMO-C forums) is that Aura of Enfeeblement is too strong. It reduces physical damage by 30%, which is much more than the standard 10% debuff from Weakened Blows (Thunder Clap, and the other tank abilities). This would probably force raids to bring lock tanks to every encounter.

So either the Aura needs to be nerfed, or Weakened Blows needs to be buffed. Either way, it's not too big a deal.

Enfeeblement has reduced effect on bosses. Says so on the tool tip.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
03/22/2012 05:41 AMPosted by Awanii
Off tanking at least, yes. But without a really good stat dump for damage mitigation, it's just offtanking.

mobs killing healer you can pill. aoe lifge drain to sustain near death.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock

I missed that! Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

I missed that! Thanks.

So, doesn't look to have anything missing. All that surviability will make up for the lack of avoidance. Which will be really needed on groups of mobs.

My only concern is that, I think, we need some sort of demonic fury to start the Meta out of combat. If not, we risk getting hit in the face while on cloth armor...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I don't think you need any fury to transform. Just to use most abilities in Meta.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
03/22/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Seiru
I don't think you need any fury to transform. Just to use most abilities in Meta.

Almost like going to bear form for druids.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
There is a thread going on the tank forum. Go over there and shout your praise for lock tanks!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4246995377?page=1
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Well, then there's no problem I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Anyone else think this might make voidwalkers more relevant? I mean, what tank wouldn't want a little OT to follow them around and soak up damage from a mob or two during big pulls?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
03/22/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Dorotaya
Anyone else think this might make voidwalkers more relevant? I mean, what tank wouldn't want a little OT to follow them around and soak up damage from a mob or two during big pulls?

Yep.

By the Nether. Tanking with demo will be just aweeeeeeeeeeesome!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]