Glyph of Demon Hunting (warlock tanks)?

85 Gnome Warlock
Sounds like they're doing the same thing they did with DKs and making demon the tank tree. Glad I'm affliction and not demon. I still miss my blood DK dps spec, and I'm still bitter that Blizz gutted it, completely reworked it and made it tank only. It was one of the most fun dps specs in the game.

Watch, they'll make affliction a healing spec or some BS and I'll no longer get to enjoy my lock, just like my DK.

Why don't you put a sock in it? Demo tanking is going to be amazing!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Sounds like they're doing the same thing they did with DKs and making demon the tank tree. Glad I'm affliction and not demon. I still miss my blood DK dps spec, and I'm still bitter that Blizz gutted it, completely reworked it and made it tank only. It was one of the most fun dps specs in the game.

Watch, they'll make affliction a healing spec or some BS and I'll no longer get to enjoy my lock, just like my DK.

There is no accounting for taste, and i know you miss Blood Dps, but I would argue that DKs are far more viable now that they have one dedicated tanking spec instead of three pseudo-tank specs.

Blizzard experimented with three-spec tanks in BC and Wrath. They worked ok, but not great. Ultimately Blizzard decided it would be easier to balance the tanks if each class had one dedicated spec for it.

I really do believe that Blood Tanks were improved by turning that Blood spec into a tapped tanking spec.

Now there is no confirmation that Demonology Locks are going to be tapped to be tanks, but i for one sincerely hope that they will be!
Edited by Triibrezo on 3/22/2012 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
People just completely miss the spot... lol

They don't read the glyph, omg!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I really hope lock tanks happen!
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Warlock
03/22/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Muleface
When did they put warlocks back in the game?

When they decided to make warlocks the only way to get a raid together without interference post-removal of HGWT.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Absolutely loving everything I am reading about DemoTank. But still need to know if we can Queue as tank for dungeons/raids or not.The idea that the glyph is a beta only item and testing the waters to see how tanking will work with warlocks is the most likely concept I have seen so far. The question that is if we get 4 specs, to keep DPS Demo, or if they just completely change one of our specs on us.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Priest
There is only one teensy little thing i think is missing,

Have Metamorphosis provide 10% additional base dodge, and have Intellect provide as much dodge rating in Metamorphosis as Agility provides to druids in bear form (they can call it 'Demonic Cunning' or 'Infernal Guile' or something like that)

Do that, and blizzard could even reduce some of the overpowered mitigation of Demonology warlock a teensy bit. and then i think Dem-tanks would be over all more balanced and viable.
Edited by Mamaraksha on 3/22/2012 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

Have Metamorphosis provide 10% additional base dodge, and have Intellect provide as much dodge rating in Metamorphosis as Agility provides to druids in bear form

Do that, and blizzard could even reduce some of the overpowered mitigation of Demonology warlock a teensy bit. and then i think Dem-tanks would be over all more balanced and viable.

But, I think they are going for a pure mitigation class, which would be neat because there would be absolutely no RNG to the class. You take low amounts of damage because you're geared to do so, and I think that is pretty cool game design.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Priest
03/22/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Sasofrass
But, I think they are going for a pure mitigation class, which would be neat because there would be absolutely no RNG to the class. You take low amounts of damage because you're geared to do so, and I think that is pretty cool game design.

I get that. It's worth a shot. But you know, i have my doubts. There is a lot of back and forth in the Tank Thread on this topic about how Mitigation and Avoidance are not equivalent.

Having read some of the discussions there, i tend to be convinved by the idea that Avoidance and Mitigation work better when balanced rather than when only one is stacked and the other is missing.

But hey. we'll see.
Edited by Mamaraksha on 3/22/2012 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

Have Metamorphosis provide 10% additional base dodge, and have Intellect provide as much dodge rating in Metamorphosis as Agility provides to druids in bear form (they can call it 'Demonic Cunning' or 'Infernal Guile' or something like that)

Some people said that warlocks are soloing some stuff in MoP. We can expect some nerf and buffs of course. The Beta is just on the beginning.

And second, I don't think they should give any kind of avoidance. It would make it far more interesting if Demo tanking were to be a spec that doesn't need avoidance and only make use of mitigation effects.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Priest
Oh, i also heard that Symbiosis with a resto Druid will give Warlocks Rejuvenation.

That could be terribly useful for a Demonology tank.
Reply Quote
51 Human Paladin
Well they did say warlock would change the most in the next expansion so a tanking cloth class would be interest...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
03/22/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Killercaitie
I don't think people would be comfortable with me tanking.

Why not? If metamorphosis last forever, I wouldn't mind.
Why would you not want a giant purple/black demon figure tanking?
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Priest
Why not? If metamorphosis last forever, I wouldn't mind.
Why would you not want a giant purple/black demon figure tanking?

Because in Soviet Russia Killercaitie tanks YOU!
Edited by Mamaraksha on 3/22/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I think this change will bring a huge amount of fun back into warlocks! MoP is looking very exciting for any warlock right now. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I AM REROLLING A WARLOCK STARTING NOW.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Any blue post would be appreciated :(
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
If this makes it to live, I will be a VERY happy warlock.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Warlock tankings!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]