Glyph of Demon Hunting (warlock tanks)?

100 Gnome Warlock
Gnome tanking just got more fun.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Wow. I really hope this is a thing. This guy was my main way back in Vanilla. I then developed a preference for tanking and basically stopped playing my DPS chars. I would love to bust him out again and keep doing what I love.

Blizzard, please make this happen!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
anyone look at this lvl 27 Metamorphosis: Nether Plating passive
The ability is: "While using Metamorphosis, your armor contribution from items is increases by 600%, the chance you will be crit by melee attacks is reduced by 6%, and the duration of stun and snare effects is reduced by 50%"

This is already an effect of meta....why do people bring it up like its new?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Omg, reading all this stuff is making me crazy excited! I hope this all goes live.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
03/22/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Depravitty
This is already an effect of meta....why do people bring it up like its new?

Because Metamorphosis can now last forever.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
It would be interesting as hell that is not a lie. And i will admit. I would dust off the old warlock and take him for a spin.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Wow! I gotta finish off my last 4 levels on my lock! He was my main originally. This should be quite a bit of fun.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I'm skeptical about threat. How are we going to hold aggro with the current builds? There's a taunt but that's not enough to tank. Unless there's a passive threat increase in Meta form or something else that I'm missing?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
03/22/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Thorg
I'm skeptical about threat. How are we going to hold aggro with the current builds? There's a taunt but that's not enough to tank. Unless there's a passive threat increase in Meta form or something else that I'm missing?

The glyph apparently is increasing your threat generation like all other tanking classes.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Posted by Thorg
I'm skeptical about threat. How are we going to hold aggro with the current builds? There's a taunt but that's not enough to tank. Unless there's a passive threat increase in Meta form or something else that I'm missing?The glyph apparently is increasing your threat generation like all other tanking classes.
Any official confirmation on this? I don't want speculate and be disappointed when Blizz didn't want us to be official tanks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
There is going to be a baseline taunt? Is Soulshatter going to have it's cd reduce to 8 and become one?

I think the lack of a taunt be a problem.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I read through every post, before replying just to make sure...

But I think every one is avoiding the elephant in the room.

Whats currently the most noticeable difference between tanks now and dps, ASIDE from Mitigation?

Health Pools.

Im as excited as everyone else IF this is real.... but as it stands your HP will be low, so not much Effective Health from what I currently see.

I could be wrong, so someone correct me otherwise.
Edited by Maluven on 3/22/2012 5:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Well, Grimoire of Sacrifice is right there. Buffs some HP at cost of your demon.

Still, if the glyph is the thing responsible for those changes, they might just dump some HP at the cost of Int, for example.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Well, Grimoire of Sacrifice is right there. Buffs some HP at cost of your demon.

Still, if the glyph is the thing responsible for those changes, they might just dump some HP at the cost of Int, for example.

But its only a temporary fix, the Sac I mean. So that would be like your Last Stand.

So imo the only thing keeping this from being a true tank spec RIGHT now is some some of HP buff while in Meta form.

But from the looks of it, its got EVERYTHING else.
Edited by Maluven on 3/22/2012 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Dwarf Priest
Does this mean Warlocks bare the ability to... TANK? I would like more details but my little brain is doing this:Less damage taken + Taunt + Twilight Ward (absorbs all) = Tank type things

did not read through 9 pages but i'd like to point out some current in game spells that will probably debunk your theory

shamanistic rage: Reduces all damage taken by 30% and causes your skills, totems, and offensive spells to consume no mana for 15 sec. This spell is usable while stunned.

rockbiter weapon: Imbue the Shaman's weapon with the fury of the earth, increasing all threat generation by 30% and reducing damage taken by 5%. Lasts 30 minutes.

unleash rockbiter: Unleashing this enchantment forces the target enemy to attack you for 5 sec

glyph of stoneclaw totem: Your Stoneclaw Totem also places a damage absorb shield on you, equal to 4 times the strength of the shield it places on your totems.

toughness: increases stamina by 10%

Less damage taken+increased stamina+taunt+damage absorb= tank?

NO
Edited by Nanners on 3/22/2012 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I'd instantly bring my warlock out of retirement.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
03/22/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Nanners
Does this mean Warlocks bare the ability to... TANK? I would like more details but my little brain is doing this:Less damage taken + Taunt + Twilight Ward (absorbs all) = Tank type things

did not read through 9 pages but i'd like to point out some current in game spells that will probably debunk your theory

shamanistic rage: Reduces all damage taken by 30% and causes your skills, totems, and offensive spells to consume no mana for 15 sec. This spell is usable while stunned.

rockbiter weapon: Imbue the Shaman's weapon with the fury of the earth, increasing all threat generation by 30% and reducing damage taken by 5%. Lasts 30 minutes.

unleash rockbiter: Unleashing this enchantment forces the target enemy to attack you for 5 sec

glyph of stoneclaw totem: Your Stoneclaw Totem also places a damage absorb shield on you, equal to 4 times the strength of the shield it places on your totems.

toughness: increases stamina by 10%

Less damage taken+increased stamina+taunt+damage absorb= tank?

NO

Read through the 9 pages then. They did their homework on this one. It DOES seem possible, aside from the HP thing right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]