Are you ready for the newest tanking class?

90 Undead Warlock
Yes, that's right, they're giving Demo locks the tools and abilities to roll as a Tank.

Thoughts on this?
100 Troll Druid
0/10
81 Gnome Death Knight
I assume you're talking about

Glyph of Demon Hunting - Demonic Fury now reduces damage taken instead of increasing damage dealt. In addition, while using Metamorphosis, Soulshatter taunts your target, Twilight Ward will absorb all schools of damage and Demonic Slash is shorter range and generates fury.

April 1st is fast approaching!
90 Undead Warlock
Very well, Gentlemen. You have asked, so I shall supply.

Glyph of Demon Hunting

Demonic Fury now reduces damage taken instead of increasing damage dealt.

While using Metamorphosis, Soulshatter taunts your target, Twilight Ward will absorb all schools of damage and Demonic Slash is shorter range and generates fury.

Provocation
10 Demonic Fury 30 yd range
Instant

Requires Metamorphosis

Forces the target to attack you, but has no effect if the target is already attacking you.

Is this enough to convince you?
81 Gnome Death Knight
03/22/2012 07:48 AMPosted by Rijda
I'll need to see more evidence than that before I pay more than a wink's worth of attention to this thread.

More specifically:

1) You need a 500% threat buff
2) At least one major damage reduction CD
3) Active Mitigation
4) ...
90 Undead Warlock
So, you think that the ability to go Meta form and 'indefinitely' maintain it through Demonic Slash is a coincidence? That their massive damage reductions, combined with a deliberate decrease in DPS output(in a DPS only class) is just for giggles?

Combine the reduction in DPS output with the massive incoming damage reductions, the ability to taunt, the ability to indefinitely maintain Meta form, and the only thing that they're really missing at this point are a couple of Damage reduction CDs.

Taking all of the above, I have to conclude that Blizz is giving Locks a tanking spec.

Edit: Friend in Beta just informed me that with the Glyph of Demon Hunting active, his threat output is that of a tank's.
Edited by Infernalist on 3/22/2012 8:09 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Combine the reduction in DPS output with the massive incoming damage reductions, the ability to taunt, the ability to indefinitely maintain Meta form, and the only thing that they're really missing at this point are a couple of Damage reduction CDs.

And, like Avoidance and stuff.

Never mind that a 2 min cooldown taunt isn't really going to help much.
Edited by Slashlove on 3/22/2012 8:10 AM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
Having read a bit more into it, I've found that they have Unending Resolve, a 3min 50% damage reduction CD with 100% interruption protection.

It's looking a bit more likely with each bit of info found.

Edit: Glyph of Demonic Training (Voidwalker) - Maximum health increased by 20%.

and here's your tanking spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#V!022220
Edited by Infernalist on 3/22/2012 8:20 AM PDT
90 Draenei Death Knight
So, you think that the ability to go Meta form and 'indefinitely' maintain it through Demonic Slash is a coincidence? That their massive damage reductions, combined with a deliberate decrease in DPS output(in a DPS only class) is just for giggles?

Taking all of the above, I have to conclude that Blizz is giving Locks a tanking spec.

Edit: Friend in Beta just informed me that with the Glyph of Demon Hunting active, his threat output is that of a tank's.

having the ability to aggro targets = hunter pets.

They can be "helpfull" and even "tank" in some situations like easy 5 mans etc. don't expect to go anywhere besides that.

You would need tank skills, mitigation skills, cooldowns, avoidance stats, etc etc ..

threat multiplier, taunt and reduced dmg does not make you a tank. For that matter, resto druids can go into bear form. They have a wooping threat boost and health boost (as well as armor etc) ..

does that allow them to tank raid bosses? nop.
100 Troll Druid
Having read a bit more into it, I've found that they have Unending Resolve, a 3min 50% damage reduction CD with 100% interruption protection.

It's looking a bit more likely with each bit of info found.

Uhm.... no
90 Undead Warlock
Nether Plating:

While using Metamorphosis, your armor contribution from items is increases by 600%, the chance you will be crit by melee attacks is reduced by 6%, and the duration of stun and snare effects is reduced by 50%.
90 Human Paladin
So you get to be a substitute for a Hunter pet. Congratulations!

Of course, since this technically makes you a hybrid class now, I'm sure you'll be understanding when Blizzard nerfs your damage to roughly that of an Elemental Shaman.
90 Undead Warlock
So you get to be a substitute for a Hunter pet. Congratulations!

Of course, since this technically makes you a hybrid class now, I'm sure you'll be understanding when Blizzard nerfs your damage to roughly that of an Elemental Shaman.

The Glyph of Demon Hunting swaps our DPS output for damage reduction. It's like flipping a switch!

Man, I'm going to love hanging out in this forum. SO much fun incoming.
85 Troll Druid
Very well, Gentlemen. You have asked, so I shall supply.
Rumors out of Beta also are saying that Glyph of Metamorphosis is changed to significantly increase threat gen while in Meta form.

That, my skeptical friends, would have NOTHING to do with PvP survivability.

2-3 glyphs to make warlocks able to tank? I dig it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]