Why do you force me to Fire, I love Frost!

I know Frost Mages were strong in Cata but, now Fire Mages will be God-like:

- Living Bomb,
- Frostjaw,
- While Silenced and Rooted: Fireball Cast {with Shatter} + Deep Freeze combo, (4 Sec Frostjaw)
- While Stun Frozen: Fireball cast {with Shatter} + POM Pyro {with Shatter} combo, (5 Sec Stun)
- Counterspell + Combustion Combo (2 secs Silence)
- Dragon Breath, (4 Secs disorient)
- While disoriented: Fireball + Inferno Blast combo (which may stun again 2 sec)

Yep that is 15-17 seconds of FULL LOCKDOW for any caster who has trinket on CD. In today Arena Gear thats a potential of over 200k Damage vs a fully Tier 11 player. And im not counting Alter Time or Warp or Hot Streak procs... Yep poor bastaerd.

As a Frost Mage I only ask that they, dont take away my Cone of Cold Freeze, that is the most , useful, life-saving, flexible and FUN tool a frost mage has!

Take Frostjaw away, nerf my Shatterd Barrier at will, or any of your dumb Bomb spells (yeah, DOTs are bad for frost, becouse a single tick will break the freeze before I cast my Combo)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
IMHO Fire mages are better for PVP then Frost in this here cata.....Frost is just for arena IMO.
Edited by Stealnkillz on 3/22/2012 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
imo. arcane 5.0.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
As much as I love fire I think arcane will be the BG and RBG spec of MoP. SADFACE
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Holy crap. You have 169k honorable kills o.o
Reply Quote
169K shatterd hordies and counting... im quite a veteran, (cool way of saying that im old, lol)
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I hope frost stays as the arena/duel spec for mages. I've enjoyed years of people not knowing how to deal with a decent fire mage, I don't want that to change.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
03/22/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Zadax
Holy crap. You have 169k honorable kills o.o

I've seen 250k. But ya, 169k is cool. All my chars combined is like only 40k.

Anyways, I'll stay frost. Feel lonely when there is no pet standing beside me. As for the coming mop, frost as a spec is losing its identity again, like b4. This could probably mean frost is getting something new soon. And I won't go for frostjaw. RoF is still the best, even with 1.5sec cast time.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I feel Arcane will be extremely ridiculous with Invocation and the Evocation heal glyph.

And now they get to have Deep Freeze and Shatter? That plus frostjaw plus burn phase after trinket will just be GG.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
03/22/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Apriani
And im not counting Alter Time or Warp or Hot Streak procs... Yep poor bastaerd.

Couple things you're forgetting. First, I would THINK that Frostjaw and Deep Freeze share diminishing returns? Not sure on that.

Second, you're not counting Hot Streak procs? Why not? With your shatters being almost guaranteed crits (2x crit chance +25% shatter, plus fire critical mass is crit *1.3), and inferno blast BEING a guaranteed crit, you can plan on getting Hot Streak in that setup, for an extra instant pyro that will also get the shatter bonus.

But that relies on like 15-20 seconds of not getting stopped by anyone else. How about a simpler combo? Ice Flows Frostjaw, Fireball (likely a crit with shatter) inferno blast (crit) hotstreak (likely a crit) Counterspell (if they're a healer to prevent dispels) combustion dragon's breath -> watch them burn. Takes 4-5 seconds, you can cast it all while moving and from range.

Note: I'm writing this based on the assumption that two back to back crits = hot streak. I'm looking at the MoP talent calculator, and not actually seeing that anywhere.

But yes, fire pvp will be fun times.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
03/24/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Tinaddar
And im not counting Alter Time or Warp or Hot Streak procs... Yep poor bastaerd.

Couple things you're forgetting. First, I would THINK that Frostjaw and Deep Freeze share diminishing returns? Not sure on that.

Second, you're not counting Hot Streak procs? Why not? With your shatters being almost guaranteed crits (2x crit chance +25% shatter, plus fire critical mass is crit *1.3), and inferno blast BEING a guaranteed crit, you can plan on getting Hot Streak in that setup, for an extra instant pyro that will also get the shatter bonus.

But that relies on like 15-20 seconds of not getting stopped by anyone else. How about a simpler combo? Ice Flows Frostjaw, Fireball (likely a crit with shatter) inferno blast (crit) hotstreak (likely a crit) Counterspell (if they're a healer to prevent dispels) combustion dragon's breath -> watch them burn. Takes 4-5 seconds, you can cast it all while moving and from range.

Note: I'm writing this based on the assumption that two back to back crits = hot streak. I'm looking at the MoP talent calculator, and not actually seeing that anywhere.

But yes, fire pvp will be fun times.

Frostjaw will share DR with Frost Nova and most likely the pet freeze. It isn't a stun so it won't DR with Deep Freeze.

The Hot Streak part of Pyroblast is baked into the spell at the moment and it isn't 2 crits = hot streak anymore. It just says crits give you a chance.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I hope frost stays as the arena/duel spec for mages. I've enjoyed years of people not knowing how to deal with a decent fire mage, I don't want that to change.

Late 2006: I hope pom+pyro stays as the bg/duel spec for mages. I've enjoyed years of people not knowing how to deal with a decent frost mage, I don't want that to change.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
arcane and fire damage are weak as hell on beta, frost still has super high crits currently
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
03/25/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Youcoulddie
The Hot Streak part of Pyroblast is baked into the spell at the moment and it isn't 2 crits = hot streak anymore. It just says crits give you a chance.

I'm just about sure the 2 crit part of hot streak is still there, I remember reading it somewhere (mmo-champ or wowhead) but can't find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBVWxPG7Ydg
If you watch this it shows it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg tough guy. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
Well put, Dispersing.
Reply Quote
I know Frost Mages were strong in Cata but, now Fire Mages will be God-like:

- Living Bomb,
- Frostjaw,
- While Silenced and Rooted: Fireball Cast {with Shatter} + Deep Freeze combo, (4 Sec Frostjaw)
- While Stun Frozen: Fireball cast {with Shatter} + POM Pyro {with Shatter} combo, (5 Sec Stun)
- Counterspell + Combustion Combo (2 secs Silence)
- Dragon Breath, (4 Secs disorient)
- While disoriented: Fireball + Inferno Blast combo (which may stun again 2 sec)

Yep that is 15-17 seconds of FULL LOCKDOW for any caster who has trinket on CD. In today Arena Gear thats a potential of over 200k Damage vs a fully Tier 11 player. And im not counting Alter Time or Warp or Hot Streak procs... Yep poor bastaerd.

As a Frost Mage I only ask that they, dont take away my Cone of Cold Freeze, that is the most , useful, life-saving, flexible and FUN tool a frost mage has!

Take Frostjaw away, nerf my Shatterd Barrier at will, or any of your dumb Bomb spells (yeah, DOTs are bad for frost, becouse a single tick will break the freeze before I cast my Combo)

Guess you havn't heard of Diminishing Returns...
Frostjaw and CS share DR
All the stuns all the roots share DR

Plus that's more of a duel thing.
In 3s even if you switch to a healer with out a trinkit
His partners will not let you deal all that damage in 10 seconds

But looks like mages will still be awesome duelers next expac.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]