Can you have 2 Authenticator's per account?

(Locked)

Both my father and I share this account and we have been wondering if it might be a good thing to get an authenticator on our account to make it more secure. For obvious reasons. But because we play on different machines at different times we were wondering if it would be possible to get two authenticators on our account? Because we want security, but we don't want to restrict play time activity. Can anyone help us out?
40 Draenei Paladin
Unfortunately, you can only have one authenticator per account.
Are there any other security measures we can take instead of authenticators?
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Unfortunately, only one Authenticator can be applied to a Battle.net account at a time.

However, you do have a couple of options.

If you have multiple smartphones, you could use the restore code to "clone" a single mobile authenticator app to two different devices - which would effectively let each of you have a "copy" of the app.

If you can't do that, you and your father could split the WoW account into two different accounts, by creating and upgrading a second WoW account, and paying for your characters to be moved to the new one - and then calling Billing and having them split the two WoW accounts into two separate Battle.net accounts. Then each of you could have your own Authenticator, without needing to mess with "cloning".
"Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle."
100 Undead Warlock
Make sure you keep all of your systems up to date including Java and Flash. Make sure you have an up to date Anti-virus running. Run a malware scanner and virus scans on a regular basis. When browsing on the internet, use no script addons that can help block ad based viruses.
40 Draenei Paladin
The most important measure is to keep your computers secure, up to date and virus free. Don't visit any potentially malicious sites and don't fall for any phishing scams.
multiple same password's has a high compromise rate, want a seperate one for each including world of warcraft login

im sure almost everyone would know this.
Sharing an account is I believe a violation of the TOS.
40 Draenei Paladin
03/22/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Deandia
Sharing an account is I believe a violation of the TOS.

Not between a parent and one minor child.
88 Blood Elf Death Knight
Also some key loggers will run ing what you could say is sleep mode meaning they are dormant until it detects you opening WoW. What i do at least twice a week to be cautious i open wow and enter in a false email and password and leave it at that while spybot goes to work scanning.
36 Blood Elf Hunter
03/22/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Arkanite
Both my father and I share this account and we have been wondering if it might be a good thing to get an authenticator on our account to make it more secure. For obvious reasons. But because we play on different machines at different times we were wondering if it would be possible to get two authenticators on our account? Because we want security, but we don't want to restrict play time activity. Can anyone help us out?

You can call Billing and have them seperate your accounts into two unique Battlenet accounts. I did this for my daughter. I made her a Battlenet, then added a WoW account, and moved her characters to that account. Now we can play at the same time with two different authenticators.
Edited by Alethìa on 3/22/2012 5:41 PM PDT
03/22/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Alethìa

You can call Billing and have them seperate your accounts into two unique Battlenet accounts. I did this for my daughter. I made her a Battlenet, then added a WoW account, and moved her characters to that account. Now we can play at the same time with two different authenticators.

Does that cost extra money? Like are you paying 15 for each or 15 for both?
2 Blood Elf Rogue
03/22/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Arkanite

Does that cost extra money? Like are you paying 15 for each or 15 for both?

You pay them both separately.
100 Blood Elf Mage
03/22/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Pahanda
If you have multiple smartphones, you could use the restore code to "clone" a single mobile authenticator app to two different devices - which would effectively let each of you have a "copy" of the app.

This. I know this works because when I upgraded ipods I had the same authenticator on both. They would always show the same code. If you have devices with iOS or android this is your absolute best option for account security.
MVP - Technical Support
12 Human Mage
The account is not yours and you agreed to follow the rules (TOU) when you created your account. A refresher if you need it http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html

Account.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN THE ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF BLIZZARD. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void and may result in the forfeiture of your Account.

The Account Access Policy is detailed here https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/unauthorized-account-access-policy

The core message is that you, and only you (with the exception of a minor authorized to use an account by a parent or guardian), should be accessing an account registered in your name.
Support Forum Agent
against the terms of use to share an account?

I have no idea why you felt it necessary to bump an old thread, simply to violate the Code of Conduct.

Your subscription fee allows access to the account, you do not "own" it in the same way you would a car, or other physical item. It is more akin to a amusement park ticket. Such as with the purchase of the ticket it allows you to enter the park, ride as many rides as you'd like. For a WoW account there is a slight difference in that you may allow access to a single minor child that you are the parent or legal guardian of, but otherwise you are not allowed to transfer access to another.

If nothing else allowing others access to the account several compromises that account's security. While you may not agree with our policies, you are expected to abide by them. Violating those policies may result in the permanent closure of the account.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]