MoP Beta: The nerfs already began

90 Human Warlock
From an Affliction PVP point of view, but you are welcome to discuss other specs also.

Taken from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1jFZ0Bxnrw

Skills:

1- Did we lose Soulburn: Seed of Corruption, Fear and Healthstone?

2- Nightfall: 4% chance per tick of Corruption/Drain Life to gain a Soul Shard. The beatiful effect of having a Malefic Grasp proc is gone.

3- Haunt is back: Debuff that raises your damage on the target by 40%, COSTS 1 SOUL SHARD, HEAL COMPONENT REMOVED. We will have our damage balanced around this because of PVE, but in PVP...

Scenario: you toss this on a target, the healer dispells (same 8 sec CD and purges ALL magic effects). He does that 3 times. Congratulations, now you are out of shards and must Soul Harvest/Drain Soul or wait a Nightfall proc. Considering Haunt + Malefic Grasp, our pure DoT damage will be pathetic.

Talents:

1- Soul Leech: Your Shadow Bolt, Soul Fire, Incinerate and Malefic Grasp heal you for 10% of the damage dealt. Used to be 25%, then 15%, now 10%

2- Mortal Coil: Healing received is 20%, down from 25%

3- Soul Link: Not only splits with your demon the healing you receive, but also the damage your DEMON receives with you. In short, the new nerf is: Your demon take damage, you also get some. I wonder if I health funnel my pet, If I also get some heal.

4- Burning Rush: nothing changed, but this one is so bad that it's worth mention: You get a Stun while this is active, and you just lost a big % of your hp for free.

5- KJ's Cunning: Seems to imply a CD. While active: you can cast while moving for 10 secs.
While on CD: ability disabled. While available but not active: You can cast while moving, but with a penatly of 50% bigger cast/period on spells and 30% slower moving speed.

This ability is supposed to give us mobility, I liked the older version better.
Edited by Voidius on 3/22/2012 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
APM
We are locks...

How are you not use to this by now?

And overall I think MoP is going to be amazing for locks, they've admittedly put the most time into our class changes which alone should say something
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
No I'm not and never will get used to this. Also, Blizzard saying they put the most time into our class doesn't say much IMO, look at Haunt + Malefic Grasp, they will provide 280% damage increase to our DoTs. Our base DoT damage will be ridiculous, we will continue to suffer of low autonomy, always needing support to be viable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Ugh.... I hate this incarnation of Haunt so much.

Not that it matters, if Siphon Life does not show up in some form or another, I'm likely to finally shelve this lock in favor of a Shadowpriest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
JK 10 new defensive cooldowns.

stop talking about balance for a BETA that's been out for a day
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Just like WotLK when people talked about Ret Pallies
Just like Cata, when people talked about Mage's and Warrior's burst
Just like many other beta examples I don't remember right now

Yeah, lets not talk about it.
Edited by Voidius on 3/22/2012 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Yes because what has happened in the first 18 hours of beta completely shows that we will make it to live spamming fel flame for 1 damage and getting killed by critters.

Really though do you think these changes just got implemented over the last 18 hours? You can't address a problem, come up with a solution and fix it before the majority of players invited even get to download mop.

Warlock survivability is just the worst of all words in MoP

Less escape utility
Less self healing
Less mitigation

And I've seen this 50 times by now too, going into wrath it was omg sl/sl is gone we're nerfed! Going to die so easy now! And by the time beta was over soul link was easy to get.

and for those of you hating on soul link, yes its defiantly nerfed, but it does 2 things still.

It increases your effective HP pool, yes it takes more to heal you I'm not saying that is a good thing, but how often do you get burst down and your healer isn't CCd? Button line is soul link gives you more time before you die.

And now because you take damage when your pet takes damage you will break CCs when your pet even takes a tiny bit of damage. (Come on pally use ret aura)
Edited by Felcommander on 3/22/2012 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
93 Undead Warlock
THIS JUST IN!!!!!!!!!! i hear howl of terror will be a fear effect instead of a horror DRing with our fear.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Warlock
Where are people seeing this soulburn haunt thing, i don't even see haunt in the lock spells under the MoP talent calculator
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Where are people seeing this soulburn haunt thing, i don't even see haunt in the lock spells under the MoP talent calculator

Try reading in all teh way to the 2nd line of the OPs post..... (hint: it's a link)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
To be fair, the last expansion has been focused on locks in PVP...I really like them to focus back on PVE locks for once....

Also, Littlegaga has a valid point - it's not really a nerf if it was never live ;)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

Just like WotLK when people talked about Ret Pallies
Just like Cata, when people talked about Mage's and Warrior's burst
Just like many other beta examples I don't remember right now

Yeah, lets not talk about it.

This. If you want the devs to take notice you have to make. some. f***ing. noise.
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Priest
Although Malefic Grasp seems to be a shock. It literally makes your dots tick like instantly. Affliction looks really strong in beta, although kind of boring compared to Demo.

Destruction, oh god I fear it both ways. The playstyle seems to be like Arcane, the whole rogue-combo point thing that I pictured out is nowhere in sight.

Basically, you need 10 incinerates to form one Ember, and Soul fire only consumes one. Although it makes you hit pretty damn hard. You'll get aroung 140k soulfires, and incinerate fillers crit for 45-50k. Destruction's burst and AOE is scary, but Incinerate spamming is irking me.

Haven't seen much of demo, but I think the playstyle is refreshing. Although Destro has the better burst, but Affliction is also not far from it. Trying to level as Affliction, put all dots, then MG, that mob will die within 1 second when you're critting for 48k then the rest are hitting for 12k and another for 20k at the same time.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
03/22/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Voidius
No I'm not and never will get used to this. Also, Blizzard saying they put the most time into our class doesn't say much IMO, look at Haunt + Malefic Grasp, they will provide 280% damage increase to our DoTs. Our base DoT damage will be ridiculous, we will continue to suffer of low autonomy, always needing support to be viable.

First, Malefic Grasp does not increase dot damage when you use it. Second, the tool states that it increases the TICKS of our dots by 100% not the damage.

In other words instead of corruption(example) doing 13,000 damage in 18 seconds. Malefic grasp shortens it to doing 13,000 in 9 seconds meaning if you spam Malefic grasp you have to reapply your dots again a few seconds after application. Malefic Grasp is to help with the long ramp up time that affliction suffers now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
03/22/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Voidius
3- Soul Link: Not only splits with your demon the healing you receive, but also the damage your DEMON receives with you. In short, the new nerf is: Your demon take damage, you also get some. I wonder if I health funnel my pet, If I also get some heal.

You must have missed the message that Soul Link replaces Health Funnel. Listen, the Mists version of Soul Link isn't a damage prevention ability. That's what the other two choices on that tier do. What it does is merge the Warlock's health pool with the demon's.

Say you have a Warlock with 150k health and a demon pet with 100k health. If they take the Soul Link talent, it's effectively a single health total of 250k. The numbers are still displayed separately, but the damage and healing are both spread evening and neither can die before the other does.

It's still a talent that raises the total amount of damage needed to kill you. It just does it passively instead of actively.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]