How do you feel about killing garrosh?

100 Tauren Druid
So the final raid of the new expansion will be a raid on org to dethrone Garrosh, i think even the allies get to come. called siege of org. I cant wait to kill him, and see who the new warchief will be, Im hoping for thrall back, but if not, ill settle for VolJin.

I didn't know there were ppl who liked garrosh, but apparently there are. so whats the servers opinion of him?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't like Thrall. I hated him before Hour of Twilight, but that sure didn't help.

Just make Garrosh have some long-lost son that takes over. It's better than Thrall.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
lol............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
That's very insightful purge. I never thought about it from that point of view. So glad you could contribute to the conversation. I feel like we bonded
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So alliance gets to help the horde again, woot, gives hordies more time to burn our towns while we help them. And guess who Metzen has mentioned as a strong possibility for the new warchief - none other than thrall, the guy we just helped kill deathwing.

Why not, we continue to lose ground all over azeroth anyways, might as well lend the horde a helping hand while we are at it. Good thing Varian already has a male son, blizzard sometimes makes him seem incapable of producing another.
Edited by Hunyati on 3/24/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/24/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Hunyati
Good thing Varian already has a male son, blizzard sometimes makes him seem incapable of producing another.

I have no clue what the lore behind "Queen Wrynn" is, but isn't it a possibility that Anduin is a bastard and not a rightful heir? Varian's hair is brown and Anduin's hair is blonde. I'm no major in biology (genetics) but from what I know, that's pretty improbable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/24/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Bubbleøseven
Good thing Varian already has a male son, blizzard sometimes makes him seem incapable of producing another.

I have no clue what the lore behind "Queen Wrynn" is, but isn't it a possibility that Anduin is a bastard and not a rightful heir? Varian's hair is brown and Anduin's hair is blonde. I'm no major in biology (genetics) but from what I know, that's pretty improbable.

Nah, blonde hair is a recessive trait, two peole with brown hair can have a kid with blonde hair, if both carry the recessive trait i think it is a 25% chance they will be blonde.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/24/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Hunyati

Nah, blonde hair is a recessive trait, two peole with brown hair can have a kid with blonde hair, if both carry the recessive trait i think it is a 25% chance they will be blonde.

Jaina's hair is blonde. I just blew my own mind.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
So alliance gets to help the horde again, woot, gives hordies more time to burn our towns while we help them. And guess who Metzen has mentioned as a strong possibility for the new warchief - none other than thrall, the guy we just helped kill deathwing.

Why not, we continue to lose ground all over azeroth anyways, might as well lend the horde a helping hand while we are at it. Good thing Varian already has a male son, blizzard sometimes makes him seem incapable of producing another.

I see your point, but i think i remember reading something about the lil boy growing into his own and become the alliance equal to thrall, i just wish i could remember if it was a good source. also, the allies help horde kill Garrosh , bc of the constant loss of ground allies are suffering. thro the mists patches it will show why the allies choose to help. And considering horde allow/ help allies to kill the warchief at all, kinda points to the horde helping allies to not become the extinct races they intended horde to become.
Thrall is my fav wow npc. mostly bc he was written to be THE leader of leaders. Anyone who knows his entire story should agree, he was written to be THE morgan freeman of leaders (total badass). to come from a slave/ prisoner. and still have compassion and reasoning for the ones who enslaved him. To be above corruption time and time again ( again bc the writers inteded him to be that way.

All the thrall love (no !@#$) aside. I honestly think voljin should be warchief. and let thrall fill the role the dragon aspects left open of the mentor. maybe let him have a son to be a leader down the road some time and be "the old wise man everyone goes to for advice" and still keep in involved in the story with cutscenes and all.

Also i do agree with the quote about the lack of alliance leaders 15 mins of fame. Most horde don't even know the names. or any lore behind the leaders, but horde leaders have kind of been in the spot light it seems, im not complaining, and might just be bc im biased due to never playing allies, other than my lvl 1 gnome i drown sometimes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You see ramm, my post was basically rp from the alliance perspective. I killed Thrall many times during his run as warchief, and enjoyed it each time. Then i had to help him, whatever, i guess if i have to or die, i will help. But then, after helping him, he takes up the mantle of leadership of my sworn enemies, glad i never stopped /spitting on him this expansion, despite the reaction i often got from those that saw it.

I am aware of most of Thrall's lore, and to a human he is really just an escaped fugitive who remains at large. I was a little kid the first time i played Warcraft: Orcs vs Humans (Warcraft I)
and was shocked when, after winning the game for the alliance, i was forced to watch stormwind burn. I guess that whole theme is getting tiresome for me.

Around Ulduar, i thought varian wrynn was a complete badass, forget that weakling freeman, i was thinking wrynn was charles bronson. I mean he was ready to cut garrosh's head off right in the middle of dalaran. Then cata comes and he turns into an imbecile incapable of coordinating an effective defense and scared of the political ramifications of launching a counter-offensive.

Honestly, in the course of an expansion, he changed from alexander the great to neville freaking chamberlain (gold star in history if you get the reference).

From what i understand, a large part of this expansion is pushing the alliance and horde closer to all out war. So making thrall the leader for this period of escalating tensions after forcing us to save his !@# in dragon soul is just absurd.

A far better choice for warchief, despite his age, would be saurfang. He would be an almost perfect transitional warchief for this period as we build towards all out war. First off, his son was killed by an alliance prince. You could say that he and varian came to an understanding during icc, and they did, but really all that meant was varian wouldnt kill saurfang then and there on the spot.

Secondly, Saurfang has already told Garrosh if he went too far he would kill him. Now Garrosh at this point has not done anything that Saurfang would consider too far. When he said this, chances are he meant if Garrosh goes trying to force the orcs to drink Mannoroth's blood or something like that, but maybe he did mean pushing the horde to the brink of war with the alliance.

Third, despite some claiming his age as a limitation, i think it could really open up the story. Saurfang would not be a long term warchief, but rather, a transitional one who could try to keep the peace but fail. He is certainly one of if not the most decorated veteran of the horde. He has lived his life and cemented his legacy, and if they made him warchief at the end of mop they could kill him off by the end of the next expansion and give the horde a war-time warchief.

Finally, the weakness of the horde's other leaders leads me to believe that saurfang would be the best choice. You mentioned perhaps Vol'jin. Really? The guy who couldnt take a small island from a level 35(?) npc through 2 full expansions? Really? He has a slightly better chance of taking control of the horde than High Tinker Mekkatorque has of assuming control of the alliance (at least Vol'jin finally took that island).

Lady Sylvanus of course could succeed as warchief, but im not sure anyone wants that (oh humans are attacking orcs, plague them all, sweet more forsaken). The goblins are too loyal to gold to effectively lead the other races, and has Lor'themar left Silvermoon at all since Kael'thas joined up with Illidan?

That leaves us with Baine. Too young and underdeveloped as a character to be warchief, right? Well, right now that may be the case, he is not ready to be the warchief of the horde. That is exactly why they should put the mantle on saurfang first, and saurfang should take baine under his wing. Saurfang should then be made into a tragic figure, a stoic and heroic leader, fighting and succeeding against all odds, who is undone by a deep betrayal, with Baine at his side watching and learning the whole time.

I really feel a setup like that is far more compelling then Metzen getting lazy and throwing thrall back in there.
Edited by Hunyati on 3/25/2012 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://i40.tinypic.com/i1ilmq.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Edit: wrote a dumb post here but if i delete it then everyone will be like wtf so meh
Edited by Hunyati on 3/25/2012 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
As much as I love lore and stuff... I completely skipped most of these posts haha.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
first /bow to a decent conversation.

2nd, LOL at cant take an island from a lvl 30 something. so true, then again, I've never seen thrall use a totem. gotta remember npc's ignore lvls outside of players. . i think vol'jin just didn't want to face and kill his childhood best friend. But eventually had to chose between that or living with garrosh in org.

Vol'jin would be my 2nd choice, with Cairne first,... but.there's the whole dead thing.. in the end, Vol'jin, i think ,would be a good and fair war chief. with a " you don't mess with us we wont mess with you" type of attitude towards allies. im glad they are going back to the faction war tho regardless.

sourfang would make a good warchief tho, and as far as thrall, i hate to admit it, but i think the best way they could go with him, is to let him have a child, or twins, and then die a heroic death, to overshadow hellscream. possibly have his twins grow up as a good and bad type of set up for future expansions.. but you just cant have a char like thrall live to an old age the more i think about it. i mean..... it's like watching clint eastwood getting his diaper changed . somethings should never happen
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
If the idea was to put Thrall in charge of the Horde again, either Blizzard is intentionally killing pvp or it should fire everyone who worked on the alliance storyline this expansion right now. If he were meant to be my enemy again, there should have been at least some indication of him holding some grudge somewhere in his heart.

As far as i can tell, Thrall is like my best friend. If he becomes warchief again, and with our help no less, battlegrounds pretty much have to close. How much sense would it make now for Thrall to continue raiding Ashenvale, the night elves ancestoral homeland, in Warsong Gulch, when we are totally on the same side? Really any pvp would have to be outlawed if they wished to keep the game and the lore consistent.

Yeah the level 35 comment was just for laughs, but the part about Vol'jin not taking back his home is true. The fact that he was unwilling to kill his former friend would just show weakness to the orcs, who would never accept him as their leader. I do not believe the blood elves or Sylvanus would ever take orders from a troll, just from their 7,000+ year state of war that some were alive for most of.

Varok, however, is probably the most decorated and respected veteran of the horde. He has been an enemy of the alliance long enough for him to be kind of a cool character to be able to raid and kill, like thrall, cairne, and sylvanus. Lor'themar just has never been developed enough to be as satisfying.

Whoever the warchief is, it cannot be someone that we all helped. Thrall is in Malfurion territory, where his current responsibilities do not allow for bias between the horde and the alliance. Sure it would have been cool for Tirion to have been in control of the alliance during wotlk, but it would not have made much sense and im sure it would not have been as cool for the horde.

The leader needs to be someone who can both give us a reason to dislike him, and command respect from the rest of the Horde. Varok Saurfang checks out on both counts as probably one of the best candidates, and as i said earlier his age can be used to advance Baine's character to the point that he can take over. Has to be better than Thrall again.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
i dont know about thrall causen he'll leave drop warcheif day 2 after axpainson is out i think we should have a warcheif that acually does something instead of just sitting on a chair saying "LOK-TAR-O-GAR!!!!!" lol!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Hornchief

i dont know about thrall causen he'll leave drop warcheif day 2 after axpainson is out i think we should have a warcheif that acually does something instead of just sitting on a chair saying "LOK-TAR-O-GAR!!!!!" lol!!!!!!![/quote]

I'm not sure what just happened.... i feel confused and alone. all i can say is. don't fly a kite with the radio on , bc the fence can get stuck on the chickens lips if you're not careful
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
05/02/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Zbikk
the only logical choice for them to make Warchief of the horde would of be Saurfang.

Then somehow Broxigar is raised from the dead.

NEW RAID QUEST: "Kill my bro, lol"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]