Free WoW Upgrade

(Locked)

85 Orc Shaman
Dear Blizzard, kindly verify through my battle.net account that I own WoW Cataclysm US account and please give a FREE UPGRADE to my WoW Starter Edition EU account up to Cataclysm, I will not mind accepting the EULA again.

I had given up on the whole US to EU thing like a million other people (who want a switch) have as well, but just now I was looking at Diablo III’s pre-purchase page and it says Diablo III – Region : GLOBAL, no matter which Diablo III version you own, you can play anywhere. So here I am giving this another shot.

All battle.net accounts that own a WoW account/license should receive a similar account/license across all regions. This will not hurt the sales, if anything it will bring an increase in subs from people like me.

Is this too much to ask ?
90 Pandaren Mage
03/21/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Krizqud
Is this too much to ask ?

Actually, yes.

Wrath is $30 USD, and Cata is $40 USD. Considering the popularity of the Starter Edition, Bliz would be losing $70 for each one of those accounts.
90 Orc Death Knight
but he already payed for them on his eu account, why should he have to pay twice? i agree tbh.
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
03/22/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Thavleifrim
but he already payed for them on his eu account, why should he have to pay twice? i agree tbh.

Why should I have to pay to set up more than one US account? Because Blizzard is a business and businesses happen to be fans of making money. While people are prepared to cough up the money to set up multiple personal accounts they will continue to charge us.
90 Blood Elf Mage
why should he have to pay twice?

Different region, different set of servers, and probably a whole lot of legal jargon that may differ between EU and NA regions (ie, what may be valid in terms of an agreement between Blizzard, the customer etc in NA may not be entirely valid in EU - and I'm being serious here :p).
90 Pandaren Mage
why should he have to pay twice?

Because it's basically two different companies. Bliz NA and Bliz EU have different laws and different ToUs.
90 Goblin Priest
Thelootgnome makes an interesting point. He has to pay to set up two US accounts, so the OP should have to pay to set up two accounts when one is in another region as well.

Makes sense, but there is a difference. The OP is talking about wanting to move from US to EU, and since that isn't possible, he'd like to be given a EU upgrade instead. In Thelootgnomes comparison, he is looking for two accounts. OP only wants one, and if there was a paid server transfer available between regions, he would pay for it.

I feel for the OP, but he has to understand that we are talking about two different companies. It would be like going to Mcdonalds and not enjoying your meal, and asking for a free meal at Burger King to make up for it.

It's just not possible, I'm afraid. =\
Edited by Maeby on 3/22/2012 1:12 AM PDT
85 Orc Shaman
Yea i guess its kinda unfair for me to ask for another account with the assumption that i can log in both of them at the same time, which is what people with multiple accounts do.

So how about an option/service to refund my US license for a game key which i can then use for EU upgrade. The TWO DIFFERENT (seriously?!) companies will not have to deal with each other that much. It will essentially be blizzard gifting me a EU key, after disabling my US license. I mean the whole thing works under the SAME battle.net account. How can this have any legal issues ?

Just search these forums for 'US to EU', and behold the gazzilion threads that pop-up. Most of those people(including me) are actually willing to pay 10, or 20$ for this service. Blizzard will end up making revenue from both the service and the consequent subs.

This issue has been going on with WoW since its launch, thats 8 years, and there has never been a proper explanation as to why it is so impossible to solve. Can someone from Blizzard atleast say that they are considering this issue and in future plan to do anything about it ?
Again, too much to ask ? :(
90 Goblin Priest
Still, two different companies. Why would US buy you a EU game key? As I said before, it would be like going to Mcdonalds and not enjoying your meal, and asking for a free meal at Burger King to make up for it. Why would McDonalds buy you a Burger King meal?
20 Worgen Druid
I hope one time to have a message for free upgrade in Mists of Pandaria.
25 Night Elf Druid
Please don't necro year old threads?
90 Night Elf Rogue
I hope one time to have a message for free upgrade in Mists of Pandaria.

This thread is over a year old. If you have a question, please create a new thread rather than bumping a very old one. :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]