MoP Paladin first impressions

90 Undead Warrior
03/23/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Snozberries
If it's different for females, I'd actually be surprised at this point. I tried out Blood Elf, Dwarf, Night Elf, and Orc animations.

Night Elf and Orc paladin animations? o_O

?!?!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
03/23/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Cuernavaca
Seal of Command? I heard it was coming back. Is it there? And of course I'm talking about THE seal, not this silly talent.

Seal of Command is back..
... and takes the place of Seal of Righteousness, taken at early level, and literally replaced by Seal of Truth later on.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
Have you tried out the new pursuit of justice dies it stop at 3 stacks for a total of 40% movement speed or does it go all the way up to 60%.

Also probably a stupid question but does holy power still degrade when out of combat down to 2 holy power or 0?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Have you tried out the new pursuit of justice dies it stop at 3 stacks for a total of 40% movement speed or does it go all the way up to 60%.

Also probably a stupid question but does holy power still degrade when out of combat down to 2 holy power or 0?

I cant play right now but im pretty certain it actually stacks up to 60% with boundless conviction. Which is currently gona make it my choice of talent in that row. Catching a target with this is very damn easy its almost as fast as our 1 minute sprint and it can be used until we reach the target, no cooldown, no duration, you are bound to freaking catch someone at 60% extra speed lol. We are also swimming in holy power during cooldown like AW.
Edited by Uchtryd on 3/23/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/23/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Airc
Hey Airc, do you know where to get the new glyphs on the beta?

Some people were saying that there is a vendor inside the new instances that sells all the glyphs. Not much help there, though, since instances are not active right now. I have my scribe copied over, I'm gonna see if any of the research methods give the new glyphs now.

Thats fairly lame =/
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
03/23/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Pantagruel

Night Elf and Orc paladin animations? o_O

?!?!

Just Orb of Deception and Leyara's Locket, nothing about new class combinations, sorry. :(
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin

It actually doesn't even kick in until you get 2 holy power and tops out at 130% speed. Less than expected. Not sure if that's a bug or if it's working as intended. Kinda disappointed in the talent, actually.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Earlier unbuffed the tooltip for Crusader Strike for prot with a 1h was 160% weapon damage +1013

wow thanks for the info man. this is compared to 100% weapon damage for ret? that's very good news. woot!

FYI Kaivax answered my question about this on Twitter. Apparently Crusader Strike does 160% weapon damage for Prot and Ret. And to my knowledge there are no new mechanics or coefficients to make up for Prot losing Wrath of the Lightbringer, though I'm still waiting for Kaivax to confirm that. This pretty much means Prot Crusader Strike damage will probably be a joke. Oh well :*(
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
FYI Kaivax answered my question about this on Twitter. Apparently Crusader Strike does 160% weapon damage for Prot and Ret. And to my knowledge there are no new mechanics or coefficients to make up for Prot losing Wrath of the Lightbringer, though I'm still waiting for Kaivax to confirm that. This pretty much means Prot Crusader Strike damage will probably be a joke. Oh well :*(

Yeah, it does 160% +1013 for both specs. In my Protection gear I was hitting for 6-7k in beta, and between 6.5-8k on live. It's a damage loss, but (at least at 80) doesn't seem to be as bad as expected.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
03/23/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Airc

Yeah, it does 160% +1013 for both specs. In my Protection gear I was hitting for 6-7k in beta, and between 6.5-8k on live. It's a damage loss, but (at least at 80) doesn't seem to be as bad as expected.

cool thanks for verifying. idk whether they thought 1h Crusader Strikes with the same 4.5 second cooldown as Ret with a 2h was not underpowered in comparison, or if they just forgot that Crusader Strike was originally created for 2h weapons only, hence the Wrath of the Lightbringer talent for Prot. I'm guessing they just forgot.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I know it's not a big issue, but one thing I like about the current divine storm is it's use of catching stealthed rogues occasionally. Takes a bit of luck, but it can be useful. My main spec is prot, so I know all too well the limitations of HotR.

I'm guessing ret has no non-targetted aoe ability anymore other than divine storm which requires 3 holy power. Is that correct?
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
I know it's not a big issue, but one thing I like about the current divine storm is it's use of catching stealthed rogues occasionally. Takes a bit of luck, but it can be useful. My main spec is prot, so I know all too well the limitations of HotR.

I'm guessing ret has no non-targetted aoe ability anymore other than divine storm which requires 3 holy power. Is that correct?

Yup. We lost Consecration, Holy Wrath, and Divine Storm requires 3 holy power to use. I guess we're just going to have to let them make the first move now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Seal of Command is back..
... and takes the place of Seal of Righteousness, taken at early level, and literally replaced by Seal of Truth later on.

Awww, most unfortunate. I was really looking forward to it. Well thanks for that clarification.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Bad
There's a bunch of "wrong" here.

Ret still has SoR for AOE, SoT for single target, insight and justice.

Ret aoe is now Divine storm at 3 holy power only, HotR and SoR.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

It actually doesn't even kick in until you get 2 holy power and tops out at 130% speed. Less than expected. Not sure if that's a bug or if it's working as intended. Kinda disappointed in the talent, actually.

Very disappointing to hear. Does that mean that Long Arm is likely to remain Ret's preferred IMS for PvE?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Bad
03/23/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Jalys
Very disappointing to hear. Does that mean that Long Arm is likely to remain Ret's preferred IMS for PvE?

My judgement's CD on the beta is 5.20 seconds.

Long arm's duration is 3.

Yea
Reply Quote

Unless you talent for one at L90, that is correct. No spammable DS, not Holy Wrath, no Cons.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I really hope HotR gets retooled to how DS currently works. It seems like the situational awareness is largely getting taken out of our rotation.

I also want a tool to reliably use to knock out stealthers and hunter snakes.
Edited by Snozberries on 3/23/2012 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
paladin challenge set looks amazing
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
With the no CD WoG coming back, I can already imagine people whining about Ret being "Too hard to kill!"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]