Blood PVP

85 Troll Death Knight
How come nobody lets me pvp with them as blood? I mean I do good damage, and I'm worse with frost so...

Also blood is a good flag carrier for CTF bg's or a tank for bg's with bosses, so I don't know why they won't let me do rbg's with them. (Aside from not being fully gemmed and enchanted)

I do understand, however, why blood isn't viable in arenas.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I like potatoes.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Lol rek never lets anyone fc besides him
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Probly more to do with gear/gem/enchants and the overall weakness of blood dks compared to other tanks in terms of mobility
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
No, it has nothing to do with my gems/enchants. They told me that even if I was fully gemmed/enchanted they wouldn't let me do anything with them. And it wasn't Rek that said that, it was cowwe.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Unfortunately with the current RBG metagame serious-minded teams will take a Warrior FC over other tank classes at all times. In your case, Warriors simply outshine Blood DKs in mobility, Crowd Control and Survivability, all of which tie together.

Your biggest flaw would be lack of dependable survivability; as a Blood DK you are extremely vulnerable to hard-swaps against normal RBG comps. Consider that the most common compositions employ a Rogue, Mage, Moonkin and Frost DK target-caller. Most hard-swaps and FC Kill attempts use a combination of Death Grip to SmokeBomb/Ring of Frost/SolarBeam to put you in bad positioning and out of LoS from your healers.

Blood DK's have the unfortunate case of having the majority of their cooldowns and health regen abilities being considered spells or requiring melee weapons. This means that a smoke bomb while silenced under a Solar Beam and disarmed renders you useless; your only remotely viable CD to help survive this swap would be Ice-Bound Fortitude, which is on a 3-minute CD. Once that's over, you're prone to another SmokeBomb kill. Warrs on the other hand have more dependable survivability since they aren't phased by silences, can still heal through disarms and can more reliably escape these ever-so-popular Smokebomb kill attempts.

Mobility and Crowd Control also factor heavily into why Blood DK's are inferior. Warrs have immense mobility through Charge, Intervene, Leap to outrange or LoS enemy dps, peel for teammates, secure the flag cap after getting pushed or Death Gripped away from Flag Spawn location, and (perhaps most importantly) escape Smokebomb kill attempts. This mobility amounts greatly when the Flag Debuff stacks go higher and the FC's movement is consequently slowed down. DK's get... IBF? That's about all I can think of for mobility.

Warriors aren't used just for mobility or survivability either. They have so much crowd control it is ridiculous, and negating damage to your healers is just as important as negating damage to yourself. Shockwave, Heroic Throw, Fear Bomb, Concussive Blow, Intervene, Rallying Cry and many others are reasons why most teams use a Warrior to FC, because being able to soak up damage isn't the only thing to consider.

While you may do moderately good damage overall (better than Prot Warrs), that's not the tank's role in RBGs. You're there to secure flags/bases and contribute to large-scale battles with peels and CC. And unfortunately DKs just aren't on par with Warriors at any of the above aspects, which is why (sadly) your guild is wise to prefer a Warrior over DK.

There is however another invaluable role you can fill as a DK for RBGs: target-caller and Switch initiator. You should try persuing that, as nearly every serious team uses a Frost DK for that role.

Hope this helped.
Edited by Nutthex on 3/24/2012 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
Unfortunately with the current RBG metagame serious-minded teams will take a Warrior FC over other tank classes at all times. In your case, Warriors simply outshine Blood DKs in mobility, Crowd Control and Survivability, all of which tie together.

Your biggest flaw would be lack of dependable survivability; as a Blood DK you are extremely vulnerable to hard-swaps against normal RBG comps. Consider that the most common compositions employ a Rogue, Mage, Moonkin and Frost DK target-caller. Most hard-swaps and FC Kill attempts use a combination of Death Grip to SmokeBomb/Ring of Frost/SolarBeam to put you in bad positioning and out of LoS from your healers.

Blood DK's have the unfortunate case of having the majority of their cooldowns and health regen abilities being considered spells or requiring melee weapons. This means that a smoke bomb while silenced under a Solar Beam and disarmed renders you useless; your only remotely viable CD to help survive this swap would be Ice-Bound Fortitude, which is on a 3-minute CD. Once that's over, you're prone to another SmokeBomb kill. Warrs on the other hand have more dependable survivability since they aren't phased by silences, can still heal through disarms and can more reliably escape these ever-so-popular Smokebomb kill attempts.

Mobility and Crowd Control also factor heavily into why Blood DK's are inferior. Warrs have immense mobility through Charge, Intervene, Leap to outrange or LoS enemy dps, peel for teammates, secure the flag cap after getting pushed or Death Gripped away from Flag Spawn location, and (perhaps most importantly) escape Smokebomb kill attempts. This mobility amounts greatly when the Flag Debuff stacks go higher and the FC's movement is consequently slowed down. DK's get... IBF? That's about all I can think of for mobility.

Warriors aren't used just for mobility or survivability either. They have so much crowd control it is ridiculous, and negating damage to your healers is just as important as negating damage to yourself. Shockwave, Heroic Throw, Fear Bomb, Concussive Blow, Intervene, Rallying Cry and many others are reasons why most teams use a Warrior to FC, because being able to soak up damage isn't the only thing to consider.

While you may do moderately good damage overall (better than Prot Warrs), that's not the tank's role in RBGs. You're there to secure flags/bases and contribute to large-scale battles with peels and CC. And unfortunately DKs just aren't on par with Warriors at any of the above aspects, which is why (sadly) your guild is wise to prefer a Warrior over DK.

There is however another invaluable role you can fill as a DK for RBGs: target-caller and Switch initiator. You should try persuing that, as nearly every serious team uses a Frost DK for that role.

Hope this helped.

Thank you for going into great detail about why I'm not viable for RBG's, it really did help.

I guess I understand, but the only classes I have trouble staying alive with in arenas at least, is frost mages.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Blook dks in arenas... Lol
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Drim, dont listen to cowwe, hes hes the worst holy paladin out, along with rek being a bad tank and he only plays strats that would get you to a max of like 1600-1700 rating, if you wanna do RBGs, join either We Were Gods guild or join One copper hordes guild, they both run with good players, Rouse runs with like 4 guildies and 6 randoms off trade.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
One copper hordes have 2200 rbg players :D so I would put them first before all others.

Hope this helped.

^^^ I really wish there was a title or rank given to players with wisdom as this.. Well spoken Hex!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
03/30/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Leonariasdk
^^^ I really wish there was a title or rank given to players with wisdom as this.. Well spoken Hex!!

I concur.
03/30/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Prótèctòr
Drim, dont listen to cowwe, hes hes the worst holy paladin out, along with rek being a bad tank and he only plays strats that would get you to a max of like 1600-1700 rating, if you wanna do RBGs, join either We Were Gods guild or join One copper hordes guild, they both run with good players, Rouse runs with like 4 guildies and 6 randoms off trade.

03/30/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Leonariasdk
One copper hordes have 2200 rbg players :D so I would put them first before all others.

Thanks, I was thinking about joining One Copper Hordes, if they'd actually let me PVP with them. I even beat cowwe and some other 'rouse'ers in duels, which I know doesn't really mean anything, but they could've at least given me a chance :p
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Haha... You beat a holy in a duel as Blood? That's pretty funny. You can't enough damage in blood to even come close. And matter of fact you said it yourself in guild chat over and over. About how you sucked at frost and sucked at all your toons. Stop crying about blood. It's an overused trashed spec. We didn't say it was horrible for RBGs, but were not taking a Blood DK as a DPS when we have a Prot War. And Protector your just mad you got kicked for !@#$ing around. Next time your in a RBG pull over 3m heals + less than 5 deaths. You and Everdone were %^-*ing around in the middle. Little kids who don't talk shouldn't play.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
BTW Drimtrazz, stop posting Blood DK LF 2's Partner. You won't get a healer and another DPS won't help you much seeing that you do bad damage and probably will lose everytime your partner dies off the back.

And We Were Gods was never good. Their core group couldn't even make it to Ragnarok note the fact they were scared to try Dragon Soul. Thats why they moved to Area - 52 to avoid the ridicule they brought to themselves.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
03/31/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Cowwe
Haha... You beat a holy in a duel as Blood? That's pretty funny. You can't enough damage in blood to even come close. And matter of fact you said it yourself in guild chat over and over. About how you sucked at frost and sucked at all your toons. Stop crying about blood. It's an overused trashed spec. We didn't say it was horrible for RBGs, but were not taking a Blood DK as a DPS when we have a Prot War. And Protector your just mad you got kicked for !@#$ing around. Next time your in a RBG pull over 3m heals + less than 5 deaths. You and Everdone were %^-*ing around in the middle. Little kids who don't talk shouldn't play.

o you!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Lol, Tauren Pride.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
03/31/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Cowwe

And you know all that how? It's not like you ever let me even try anything with you guys.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
And thanks for being supportive, Cowwe.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The reason we didn't let you come the times you asked was that we had full members everytime you asked... Maybe you need to get on faster, so you can get your spot. Rek doesn't reserve spots for anyone.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
04/01/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Cowwe
Rek doesn't reserve spots for anyone.

lol
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
No, you specifically told me that I had to switch to frost if I wanted to PvP with you guys, and you told me that I couldn't go as Flag Carrier. And then you gave me a ranking of classes on who's the best Flag Carrier in RBGs which I forget.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]