What's being done to fix Hpally Mechanics?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes i do. This is my paladin that i raid on. Which has lesser gear and blows away all my other healers, even the ones with a higher level of gear. So skill is taken out of it being it is me playing all 4 toons at the same skill level.

DS mechanics imo was to make shaman not so terrible and the byproduct was making paladins insane.

But...what does that have to do with MoP? There may not be as much stacking...

So then we're tank healers, but Blizzard decided "niches are bad", so we're not even particularly the best tank healers. Okay...Then we're gimped. No self heals, no spread raid healing, single target tank healing could be replaced by a Holy Priest.

Holy Radiance is super OP in Dragon soul, cool, we all get it, it's hilariously stupid. Go do FL 10m or T-11 10m, tell me how epic useful Holy Radiance is there compared to Dragon soul, then tell me Dragon Soul matters remotely in context of T-14 balance. We're talking about the future, we all know there are no problems right now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/26/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Marathel
In T11 you realize Divine Light becomes your main healing spell or holy light if you're not doing any HM's.

That was my point. We have to single target heal to raid heal, that's why holy radiance is a joke in scenarios outside of Dragon Soul, except of course particular fights like Majordomo.

We have to single target EVERYTHING. Now, I understand we have good single target, but we don't have Tidal Waves, we don't have 100% uptime of infusion of light, we aren't inherently strong at single targeting MULTIPLE people, it isn't our strength. It's time consuming and inefficient, which is the problem. If they want us to heal properly every raid must stack, if not, we need an updated toolkit. That's all.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If you can point me to where I asked for Paladins to have increased throughput over other healers, I'd greatly appreciate it and edit it out.

Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn are still range-restricted raid healing tools. Holy Radiance still has the ~6 yard effective range, meaning players have to be pretty much hugging each other in order for the healing amount to be effective, and Light of Dawn's range and "frontal cone" area is still too minimal. If this stays as-is, Holy Paladins will be ineffective raid healers on any fights that require spreading apart, and Blizzard will have to design future raids with this unnecessary handicap

Want to start here? Right now, when I return on my priest to firelands to finish some achievements with the guild, my stacking aoe (serenity) is relatively useless (especially in a 10 man). Our paladin healer's HR is still kicking !@# and LoD just requires minimal positioning for it to hit big.

Where's the Holy Power generation? Although Holy Paladins will have Holy Power generation methods through T75 (Sanctified Wrath, Holy Avenger, Divine Purpose), I have reason to believe that Holy Power generation for Holy Paladins next expansion will be dampened. Eternal Glory's and Daybreak's removal, along with the nerf to Blessed Life (20 sec ICD, up from 8 sec), means Holy Paladins will be generating less Holy Power than they do on Live.

This could stand some editing too. Right now, Holy power mechanics aren't broken. My paladin generates a ton of holy power. It really should be nerfed a bit. Disc priests are highly comparable to holy paladins and if their holy fire becomes instant they will come slightly closer some of the goodies that holy paladins enjoy now.

If indeed your "theorycrafting" is correct and holy power is actually reduced perhaps you can take comfort in another proposed glyph: Glyph of the Battle Healer (NYI) - Using melee attacks while using Seal of Insight heals a nearby injured friendly target, excluding the Paladin, within X yards for X percent of damage dealt. It aint holy power but it seems to me to be an elegantly class specific buff to holy paladins and more than makes up for any "broken mechanics" either real or imagined.

Beacon of Light should be redesigned or removed entirely. There are many significant flaws with the ability, ranging from Light of Dawn transferring through it, having no synergy alongside Illuminated Healing, requiring all three targets to be within line of sight for a transfer in healing to occur (which is a crippling flaw for PvPers) and the fact that the ability is generally boring and mindless due to its passive nature. Blizzard should seriously consider redesigning the ability and, as stated above, tie it into T45 so Paladins have the choice of choosing another single target healing mechanic if they so please.

Becaon of light has enormous possibilities that are underused by mediocre paladins ( like myself sadly). Again look at the MoP glyph: •Glyph of Beacon of Light - Removes the global cooldown on Beacon of Light. If you seriously want beacon of light removed, I think this wish will go unfulfilled. Further it suggests to me that Blizzard will be expecting paladins to swtch beacons with speed and forethought. Anyway, as to broken mechanics, anyone who looks a recount for a breakdown of paladin healing will see that beacon is often as not a huge source of healing for skilled paladins who switch their beacon targets quickly and appropriately.

Got to go for now... maybe you could start by editing these particular areas of a post that to me appears to be a thinly disguised attempt to get buffs for an already semi imba class.
Edited by Spinn on 3/26/2012 11:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
OP, didn't I play you in a 3v3?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
•Glyph of Beacon of Light - Removes the global cooldown on Beacon of Light. If you seriously want beacon of light removed, I think this wish will go unfulfilled. Further it suggests to me that Blizzard will be expecting paladins to swtch beacons with speed and forethought.

Except there's still that handy 10 second cooldown on Beacon, so how often really?

I honestly think they put a CD on it so I can't spam people with their volume on. Insulting.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/26/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Fleurzilla
OP, didn't I play you in a 3v3?

You might've, since your name seems oddly familiar.

Want to start here? Right now, when I return on my priest to firelands to finish some achievements with the guild, my stacking aoe (serenity) is relatively useless (especially in a 10 man). Our paladin healer's HR is still kicking !@# and LoD just requires minimal positioning for it to hit big.

I find his hard to believe outside of fights which have extended periods of stacking, like Majordomo.

This could stand some editing too. Right now, Holy power mechanics aren't broken. My paladin generates a ton of holy power. It really should be nerfed a bit. Disc priests are highly comparable to holy paladins and if their holy fire becomes instant they will come slightly closer some of the goodies that holy paladins enjoy now.

If indeed your "theorycrafting" is correct and holy power is actually reduced perhaps you can take comfort in another proposed glyph: Glyph of the Battle Healer (NYI) - Using melee attacks while using Seal of Insight heals a nearby injured friendly target, excluding the Paladin, within X yards for X percent of damage dealt. It aint holy power but it seems to me to be an elegantly class specific buff to holy paladins and more than makes up for any "broken mechanics" either real or imagined.

Holy Power generation may be fine on Live, but as stated, Holy Power generation for Holy is being nerfed next expansion, and I believe talents from T75 won't alleviate this.

Battle Healer sounds like a neat, gimmicky glyph for raiding, but being in melee range of my enemy is the last place I want to be as a Holy Paladin in PvP. Outranging/LoS'ing crowd control is extremely important for Holy Paladins in competitive PvP.

Becaon of light has enormous possibilities that are underused by mediocre paladins ( like myself sadly). Again look at the MoP glyph: •Glyph of Beacon of Light - Removes the global cooldown on Beacon of Light. If you seriously want beacon of light removed, I think this wish will go unfulfilled. Further it suggests to me that Blizzard will be expecting paladins to swtch beacons with speed and forethought. Anyway, as to broken mechanics, anyone who looks a recount for a breakdown of paladin healing will see that beacon is often as not a huge source of healing for skilled paladins who switch their beacon targets quickly and appropriately.

Except Beacon of Light will have a 10 second cooldown next expansion, so switching the beacon "with speed and throughput" will be impossible. This was no doubt implemented by Blizzard to prevent the exact thing you've stated Blizzard wishes us to do... Huh.

03/26/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Spinn
Got to go for now... maybe you could start by editing these particular areas of a post that to me appears to be a thinly disguised attempt to get buffs for an already semi imba class.

If this was a poor attempt at getting under my skin, you've missed your mark. I'll give you another shot once you come back, but I'm sure we'll have moved on from such petty comments by then.
Edited by Areos on 3/26/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, definitely did. I remember your odd guild name :P
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/26/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Fleurzilla
Yeah, definitely did. I remember your odd guild name :P

Small world. :X
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/26/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Areos
I find his hard to believe outside of fights which have extended periods of stacking, like Majordomo.

There is actually quite a bit of stacking depending on strat in all of FL HM.

Rhyolith- just about the whole fight for ranged and healers
Beth- Ph 2
Shannox tank and melee
Aly burn phase
All of H rag after first phase
Domo depending on strat.

Only fight there where stacking isn't good is Bale.

edit: HP as a concept is a good thing. The way it is generated currently is not. It's just to easy right now.

I can say of all my healers right now the paladin seems the closest to being designed very well. When i do the spread out fights such as Hagara, Yor, and Warmaster i don't feel underpowered at all.

Oh yeah, and we are getting back hasty hearth, i miss my bubble hearth.
Edited by Teela on 3/26/2012 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/26/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Kangarooster
Why should Holy Power take forever to generate, when Light of Dawn and WoG are essential heals for the toolkit?

I don't think it should take forever. But there has to be some middle ground. The reason i think it is OP is because you get a FREE heal from it. Anything that you can get a free heal on from casting heals is kind of crazy. HR>Shock>HR can all be cast in a 6 second window which then gives you a nice heal at 0 mana cost. Not to mention Blessed Life.

Personally i think that HP should not be generated from HR. It promotes its abuse.
Edited by Teela on 3/26/2012 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/26/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Kangarooster
All Holy Paladin heals are significantly more expensive than others to compensate.

This^

Chain Heal is 20% base mana. Holy Radiance is 40% base mana.

Divine Light costs 35%, GHW costs 33% and is significantly more efficient.

Healing Rain at 46% is all Shamans have to complain about, and it's a CD. Shamans are also the class with the 2nd most expensive spells, so...We have expensive spells.
Edited by Evayle on 3/26/2012 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I know how to fix everything!!!Duct tape.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/26/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Oldwolfe
I know how to fix everything!!!Duct tape.

Safety pins are required as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]