The curse of Eitrigg strikes again!

85 Worgen Warrior
If you want your guild to be successful at raiding, move it to a real server that's populated with good players. Otherwise, Eitrigg will eat your guild and it will die. Unless of course you're fine with mediocrity, then your guild is safe. Good guilds do not last. Strong raid groups do not last. That is just how it is here.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
03/25/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Daedashin
If you want your guild to be successful at raiding, move it to a real server that's populated with good players. Otherwise, Eitrigg will eat your guild and it will die. Unless of course you're fine with mediocrity, then your guild is safe. Good guilds do not last. Strong raid groups do not last. That is just how it is here.

Meh, I'm good. I'm not paying Blizzard to fix realm pop problems they should have tried fixing a couple of years ago. Too much whining on the general forums and strong competition in the MMO market leads me to believe that they will start fixing server issues. Hell, I think one of the blues even stated something to being worked on for MoP.

:)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I love being mediocre! We are immune to curses!

Also, when I was a baby, my mom gave an old, corner-side gypsy woman some spare change and she blessed me that I would never be struck by lightening.
Reply Quote
93 Human Priest
Nerd Rage, Exodus, Demi Gods, Grind House Corp, The Sandbox, Aegis, Eastern raiders, Pick up Groups, Saints of War, Remedy, Raging Chihuahuas.

All quality 25man raid guilds.

RIP

And thats only the alliance side, nuff said
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Elune, Musa, Nevers End, Crusaders of Aegwynn, Grind House Corp, Pick up Groups(3 times), Remedy, SDM's A-team.

Fixed that for you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Are you saying Ateam moved to Alliance?
Dang, guess they ran away from my dirty !@#$%^.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Gosh darn, it got censored.
Well I will give you a hint:
it's something you use during a certain time of month.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Eastern Raiders is still here - running a solid 10 man and recruiting for 25s.

We've been around since BC and are going to be here through MoP and beyond (assuming Blizz doesn't kill WoW with MoP).
Reply Quote
Eh Eitrigg goes in spurts believe me. Like most servers there are time's when guilds leave and skill decreases. But as long as people continue to foster a sense of community and help to improve those who need help than the server shall recover.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
whoa whoa whoa, exodus was decent? all I remember was the 10m core pushing 11/12H or w/e, and then the 25man failing to sindragosa normal because all we had was mouthbreathers in the roster.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Nerd Rage, Exodus, Demi Gods, Grind House Corp, The Sandbox, Aegis, Eastern raiders, Pick up Groups, Saints of War, Remedy, Raging Chihuahuas.

All quality 25man raid guilds.

RIP

And thats only the alliance side, nuff said

Well guilds disband or leave for all types of reasons. The only thing you can blame Eitrigg for is low population. From my personal experience, I've seen a higher % of drama from
the officer ranks leading to /Gdisbands than any other reason. It's just harder to find quality guilds with stable leadership these days and that also can be related to the changes Blizzard has been making if you've been playing since vanilla.

-ease of leveling (officers with alts taking priority in raids vs. other members in guild.. even if this is logical for guild progress it leads to major drama...and hurts morale)

-officers jumping ship or x-ferring to other servers- taking so-called "best" players with them. (simply retarded.. if only we had statistics showing how long these guilds remained
intact after x-fer and reform)

-People not getting along with others. Top 2 reasons people fired from workplace 1. tardiness 2. failure to get along with others. Same applies here.

Bottom line, this server has become a major scapegoat for people who don't want to take personal responsibility for their own actions.

Even, PVP wise, good players leaving saying they are leaving b/c "there aren't any good PvPers on Eitrigg" isn't always the case. I've known several players around the 2k~ who x-ferred off onto weaker battlegroups to get a glad title..and succeeded. One such player went from a 2k rating here to a 2600 rating rank 1 team. Jubei'thos, Mugthol, and hard-core Austrailian players who live and die WoW are really holding down the fort in this battlegroup. Even their raids make what we consider hard-core on Eitrigg seem pathetic by comparison.

STOP BLAMING YOUR SERVER! If you don't like it, go QUIETLY into the night!

homeboy, if your officer's alt is taking a raid spot even over a trial, its time to bounce from that guild. its not logical at all, and you're being overly sensitive towards the fact that eitrigg is indeed a terrible server. The economy is the only semi stable thing about it, and even then you have people like taman who just come in and change it in a second. Its always been that way, Nastasty, Chew, Omega, phoenix with the retarded belt buckles noone will ever buy. Its just how things are. Looking back on eitrigg, the thing(s) i can say I felt positive about...was looking at it from a casual point of view. IF you want anything more out of this game other than to hang out and have a decent time with PEOPLE not the PLAYERS, Eitrigg is not fine for you. This server is for families and their kids as it stands right now and don't even bother trying to say it's not. Congratulations, you knew some 2k people, that doesn't make YOU good at this game. 2k rating doesn't make you good. You didn't get 2k by yourself, and hell, you can buy carries to 2200 for like 100$. diamonds in the rough is all the eitrigg player base has really screamed, and by that i mean theres only been a few very memorable handfuls of people this server has produced with any chance at success on this game. You're shifting this all off like noone's to blame for the state of eitrigg currently, that if you just give it a chance, itll grow and prosper. This server has been around since wow started. This server has had years, upon years...to climb to the top, and has ALWAYS stayed a mediocre and underwhelming server on the wowprogress list.

It truly is a shame that you can't even name off genuinely good guilds either, dominique

Exodus was garbage outside of the 10m believe me, Raging chihuahuas was 10m believe me, Demi Gods had some moronic guild leader who had an ego bigger than mine and no skill to back it up, Eastern Raiders - really? I like some of the people in there, but good really?

THE F'ING SANDBOX....REAL?

out of the list you supplied:
Pick Up Groups (had a tight knit 10m group that carried over from GHC, or...PuG...or...whatever the f was the one that was there first but outside of that...not really)
Grind House Corp (had some weak players)
Remedy (mediocre players with strong leadership)
Edited by Hollywóód on 6/13/2012 11:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
06/13/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Hollywóód
Demi Gods had some moronic guild leader who had an ego bigger than mine and no skill to back it up

An ego bigger than yours? Oh my.
Reply Quote
Lemian was actually quite hated, no joke. I had someone tell me they wanted to make him bleed. :(
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
06/18/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Badilyn
Lemian was actually quite hated, no joke. I had someone tell me they wanted to make him bleed. :(

Lemian was an idiot. and I can definitely see people wanting to make him bleed :)
Reply Quote
You either loved him or hated him - he did not mince words (much like some other players I have raided with from time to time) and was known for being a bit aggressive about getting his gear.

Once I became accustomed to their group demeanor (VERY 18+ compared to any other group I have spent time with) I had a ton of laughs raiding with them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]