SNK is Back!

90 Tauren Druid
Just a short note to reach out to all participants horde side that enjoyed the Saturday Night Khazualty (SNK events), during the BWD, BoT, and Firelands raid episodes.

[for those that would like to view our raid event history, the SNK forum is still up on the old Khazuals guild website (public forums section), just google Khazuals guild, bring up the website, click forums, public forums and Bazinga! there we are]

The good news is that I have relaunched the events under the Banner : Saturday Night Khaz'Goroth (nifty hey? We can still call 'em SNK).

Currently we are holding 2 events weekly, a Friday Night Ulduar 25 (smash and grab run) with assorted achievements, transmoggery, laser eye beams (pewpew!) all garnished with extra slime and a yogg-saron on top!

Then on Saturday Night we run a DS 25 N (nothing heroic) for people to come and enjoy social fun raiding. To celebrate the 15% DS nerf this weekend we have a few other things to give away that are at least 15%! Fancy that!

If you were part of the SNK crew, we have revived the in game chat channel (although its now just /join SNK). Raid times now start at about 8:15 pm (server time) with invites and move out around 8:30.

In coming weeks I'll be shaking out a list of Dragon Soul Hotspots. (or whatever the draconic equivalent is) and phase them into the raid event.

With kind regards
Arra
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
03/28/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Arranum
In coming weeks I'll be shaking out a list of Dragon Soul Hotspots. (or whatever the draconic equivalent is) and phase them into the raid event.

Dragon Soul PATCHES!

eh?! eh!?!! SOUL PATCHES ah nvm
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
03/28/2012 07:45 AMPosted by Baalberith

Dragon Soul PATCHES!

eh?! eh!?!! SOUL PATCHES ah nvm

Well I liked it. *golf clap*
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
In the beginning I did think of Dragon Soul Lucky Dips, but I do like Dragon Soul Patches!

For those that have been at the Melbourne meet ups, it could even be an act du homage to my horribly cheesey handlebar mo & goatee

Having said that, if anyone has suggestions .... I am listening :)

With Kind Regards
Arra
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Its all I could come up with !
They seem to have goatees(dragons that is) and a hotspot/patch kinda the same thing xD
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
def arra, i might come on my dk now if im able!

was always great fun
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thanks to all that showed up to celebrate the 15% nerf with our themed "equal to or more than 15%" Night. A smooth run to 8/8 with only 1 wipe on spine, but that was fine thereafter.
Uld25 went off well on Friday as well.

As Always SNK's membership is somewhat fluid from week to week. With the easter holiday coming up, we'll see if we can get our regular Friday night Uld25 going this week. If its held this Friday, it will be "GOOD".

Easter Saturday should be fine, but we'll check on numbers as we go.

With Kind Regards
Arra
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
That was good times Arra, thanks again for organising. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thankyou for the attendence this week everyone. Sorry we had to cut a few people from the team on Saturday, if only we could take 26 or 27 people into the instance....

2 Nights, lots of fun, and a bunch of prizes awarded to lucky raiders!
Including a bonus 10000g lucky spot prize donated by Tabtar (thanks tab) in celebration of his meta achieve!

Just to let people know in advance,
Next week there will be an xmog theme for the Friday Night Uld 25 run
"Something Orange"

And next Saturday night the DS N 25 xmog theme will be
"Something very old world"

Bonus prizes for the best judged application of the two themes.
See you there for the fun!
Arra
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
my horribly cheesey handlebar mo & goatee

Wait..

For this, I must..

/Bow!!

<3

And can I say, the chocolate gift pack is awesome. Granted I will soon be looking as if I am wearing a sumo suit under my clothes, but dear god it is yummy...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You guys are raiding...for chocolate?

*xfers back*
*faction changes*
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You guys are raiding...for chocolate?

*xfers back*
*faction changes*

Short Answer : Um yes, yes we do.

Longer Explanation : SNK is lucky enough to have a private sponsor that has for many months supplied prizes to raid attendees on a weekly basis. The prizes include all sorts of things including our much coveted custom chocolate gift pack. Over easter we were lucky enough to be provided with two of these babies to give away, which was in addition to the one that Madeleine won!

(The custom chocolate box, is a selection of hand crafted artisan chocolate bars and products from various companies to the value of about $200). To win one is to know deliciousness first hand!

They should be arriving at the lucky winner destinations Tomorrow for Gamerha and Wednesday for Goltar, my advice, dont eat it all at once.

If you'd like to see more of the history of SNK and the prize list, I believe the old Khazuals forum (where I ran it from) still is intact. Google Khazuals, go to the website, pick public forums, you should see the historical data @ the forum Saturday Night Khazualty. It includes a who are we, what are we, prizes list and history and all sorts of SNK frivolity.

With Kind Regards
Arra
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Just as a heads up, While the Friday Night Regular SNK is on, (which should be our Ulduar smash and grab), the Saturday Night DS N 25 is not running, due to some key absentations, (including myself as I get away for weekend in the Pyrenees).

With Kind Regards
Arra
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
SNK does not have sign ups, we have a somewhat fluid membership, so essentially its join the SNK channel, wait for invites to be called, respond quickly. Invite shouts are sent out to the channel and also real ID. With the advent of cross realm participants events are starting to fill quickly.

We do have a very strict conduct policies regarding drama, griefing, and loot bullying. Since these things tend to conflict with our stated goals of fun, hassle free, social raiding.

We do ask that your character be reasonably well geared, gemmed, enchanted. While we don't select participants based on gear alone, it certainly helps when most other things are equal. We do select participants with a proven track record of attending SNK events, and adhering to the "no drama" rule.

With Kind Regards
Arra
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
yay arra <33
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Now I'm picturing Deathwing with a metal soul patch.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Friday night just gone we saw a difficult theme to interpret - Champagne or Bubbles!
But please congratulate Madeline, and Cutebunnies who rose to the occasion, and won our xmog contest. Cutebunnies won one of our custom chocolate box prizes.

Other winners were able to make off with sundry prizes, including a bounty prize hidden behind the "If looks could kill" (25 player) achievement, which was revealled to be a Razor GameGear Prize of a Megladon Headset.

Congratulations to all winners!

I've been recieving requests from people to move on from Friday Night Ulduar and on to either Naxx 25, ICC 25 or FL N 25. Its something we have to decide quickly with Friday approaching, either respond here or in our in game chat channel.

Saturday Night DS N 25 8/8 will go ahead as normal : This weeks xmoggery theme : The Four Seasons! (and remember xmog is not just gear, its interpretation, effects, and even the barber shop).

Good Luck @ see you on Saturday!
With Kind Regards
Arra
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Two more events, Friday Nights Ulduar/Naxx 25 creature feature went off without a hitch, we had a game time prize and a mount and pet pack go off! Congratulations to our lucky Friday Night Winners!

Saturday Night was our regular DS : 25 N clear, congratulations to Kaph, for winning one of our special custom chocolate boxes! This will be wizzed out in the mail to you over the next 7-14 days. And also to Az, with a game time award for being runner up in the Xmog contest.

Next Events :
Fri May 4th 8:15 PM Firelands N 25 - Xmog theme "Hot Hot Hot!"
Sat May 5th 8:15 PM Dragon Soul N 25 - Xmog theme! "I love this! It was 20% off!"
(so wear your most hilarious & fabulous mismatched outfit you found at a clearance sale)

Note bene.
SNK events are gaining in popularity, and raids are filling up fast. Unfortunately we cannot take 28 or 33 people to an instance, so unfortunately I have to often trim the raid. Being off line during raid selection, not being on vent, not responding when asked a question, make it easy for me to remove people from the raid. So please we ask that if you put in a raid, dont log to an alt to do something else while the raid gets underway, and always be on vent. While gear is seldom a consideration for Retro raid nights, it most certainly is for FL and DS 25 events. Please be gemmed, enchanted, no pvp gear and approx 390+. SNK is a fun and laid back raid, but it also likes to get things done easily too. It most certainly is not "Hey dude, take my fresh ding 85 and pimp me out in peoples loot cast offs". Remember vent is required for all SNK events.

While I would certainly like to give people detailed explanations on vent of why they are in and why they are not it is sometimes, (as any raid leader will tell you) not possible to spend the time to do so. Where possible I do, but last night took us 30 minutes to get rolling, and I really need to cut that delay down, lest the natives get restless.

With Kind Regards
Arra
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Won a giant box of handmade organic chocolates.

SNK is legit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]