SNK is Back!

85 Tauren Druid
Nomnomnonm. The chocolate has arrived!!! :D :D :D.
Thanks Arra, Batman and the other SNK participants for making it so fun every week!!!!

Till next time. Geronimø.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
SNK is proud to present its 4th Last Cataclysmic event until we all succumb to Panda-monium!

Can you flip through the Fireland flames? or will you march single file?

Either way, if you like to have fun, please feel free to join us on Friday 31st of August in a social raid, Firelands N 25. SNK has a strict no bullying & abusive language policy
This is enforced.

Its on OpenRaidUS too! just search for SNK!

We had some great prizes go out last week, including a lovely chocolate box of deliciousness, and real silver and gold coins commemmerating the Year of the Dragon,
But we've adopted them as "Dragon Soul Raid Coins!". They've landed in spots all over Australia, and we've even had lucky USA winners claim a prize (or two)

(thankyou to our sponsors, both Batman, and the mysterious Batgirl!)

Costume/Xmog Theme for this event!

"You can't wear this, its a hobo suit, I won't allow it darling!"

Find a single piece of armour for the chest, helm, pants (must be visible) or shoulder slot. This item must have the word(s) "Twill", "Smooth Leather", "Laminated Scale", or "Light Plate" in its title. You may only chose one such item. The item must be of grey level quality.

Now make a truely "hobo chic" outfit that centerpieces your chosen item! You will be expected to model your outfit at either the Sulfuron Spire Courtyard Catwalk, or Beatiful Ballicks Pleasure Palace Parade.

Explaining your outfit in a voice reminicent of Edna Mode (as made famous by Brad Bird) might indeed earn you bonus points.

Actually I cant wait to see how you handle this one. Send complaints to the people that told me my xmog themes were too easy.

Regards
Arra
Edited by Arranum on 8/28/2012 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Batman has even sent Dragon Soul Coins downunder to New Zealand. Mine arrived today and I am thrilled to have it. Sorry to have missed last weeks frolics, but I will be back this week with bells on ......or something similar.
Thanks to all concerned for my lovely coin,
Kiwiaz
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
One
Bump for Arra and the old school khazgo oth crew
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
With the Mists of Pandaria approaching, I'd like to announce the sucessful conclusion of SNK events for the Cataclysm Expansion.

While it was 2 weeks or so early, I think we stopped at a good point to allow people to complete heroic runs for mounts, and to attend to other pre expansion tasks, getting their characters ready for their next big adventure.

On behalf of our sponsors, I would like to thank them for the many thousands of dollars of prizes, they have provided to our participants over the course of the Cataclysm.

People have enjoyed delicious chocolate, game time, (SNK has given out over 20 years of WoW time!) mounts, pets, assorted TCG goodies, razer & steel series & turtlebeach game gear, collectors editions of the various expansions, festive events at some of Melbourne's and Brisbane's finest eating establisments, bottles of absolute premium drinking delights (nothing but the best for SNK - thankyou Spirits Rack!), real gold and silver Year of the Dragon(soul) coins and more!

It's been a grand ride since it's inception, and there are many people to thank. The initial core SNK crew of Khazuals (from the much beloved Group 6 crew of main raiding alts and people on bench, plus the great people from Final Ascension) who were kind enough to follow me when I floated my crazy idea about a "fun raid".

The great people at Conviction, who helped continue to flesh out the raid, to all the wonderful team at OpenRaid, who made it possible to spread SNK to the world at large.

Individually, Gigawattage (for healing) Robosaurus and Kalatia (for tanking and being there) Efn, Drac, and Lily, for their assistance in setting up the Firelands Hotspots and episodes. Madeline and Twiglet (officers of Conviction who attend without fail and help run the show making me look good).

I could name many many more people, but that would make this post would be far too long. Simply then I say thankyou to all that participated, with the spirit of what SNK was in their hearts, and spreading the message of fun and more to a greater game universe.

It's unknown when the SNK series of events will re-launch for Mists of Pandaria. However I"m sure I will let you know when and if they do.

Until then. Thanks for sharing your time with me and SNK
Arra
SNK Events Convenor.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Many thanks for the months of friday night funtimez to all concerned.
I'm already looking forward to raiding with you all again in MoP :D
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Mage
very sad to see the end of SNK, really hope it kicks back off in Mists, met a lot of cool people in there and it was always a good time. I'm still nursing that first bottle of Vodka here at home, very slowly moving through it (you lot introduced me to spirits with that bottle, knocked me over when i first tried it), and the silver coin is something i will treasure for the rest of my life.

To Arra, Batman, Batgirl and all the other names; thank you for the year odd of epicness (craziness?) while i was a part of it, i salute you all good people, especially those who beat some of my better transmog entries :P

and because this song surfaced in my head while writing this, a fitting sendoff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsy57_aOUJ0
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks for the runs Arra, they have been amazing fun!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I have had a wonderful time with SNK and met a lot of nice people from throughout the world. Even without my luck on the prize front, and my legendary weapons, it has been a great experience. Wishing you all the best in Pandaria, and hope to see you all again soon.
Heartfelt thanks to Arra and all the sponsors, helpers etc. who have made it truly memorable.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Was fun. the absolute highlight of Cata for me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
This has been a brilliant event, hope to see it back in panda land
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thx to Arra the sponsor's and all the people that have made it possible all the way back to BWD where it kicked off.

Absolutely awesome idea and a way to have a non emo / raged filled raiding experience, which seemed to happen a bit on this server with pugs.

SNK's were always fun and Arra with his own unique flair of raid leading always making it a fun fair and enjoyable place to be, with a little bonus at the end of each raid, just recently picking up 60 days game time.

Looking forward once things get settled in MOP, if SNK happens to kick off again or any iteration of the same theme and style of off night raiding, I will happily be another attendee.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]